Ryback

edgefan14

Dark Match Winner
truthfully i don't feel that Ryback deserves to go far YET he needs a year or 2 but hes popular so here goes nothing:(p.s. he was also skip sheffield and ryan reeves)

Ohio Valley Wrestling
OVW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI Feud of the Year (2010)The Nexus vs. WWE
PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (2010)as part of The Nexus
PWI ranked him #112 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2012
Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2012)
WWE
Slammy Award for the Shocker of the Year (2010) The debut of The Nexus
Slammy Award for Crowd Chant of the Year (2012) Feed Me More!
Slammy Award for Newcomer of the Year (2012)
Slammy Award for #Trending Now (2012) #FeedMeMore

signuatures/finishers as ryback: boulder holder/backpack stunner, multiple powerbombs, meathook clothesline, spinebuster, shell shocked

signuatures/finishers as skip sheffield: Boulder holder/backpack stunner, Meathook clothesline, oklahoma stampede

signuatures/finishers as ryan reeves: silverback attack, diving headbutt, body avalanche

If Ryback makes this field there is a serious problem.

One of the 128 all-time greatest professional wrestlers worldwide he certainly is not.

As for guys still lacing them up today, if he gets a spot in this tourney over any of the current crop of ROH upper-carders(especially Davey, Roddy, and/or Steen) that would be a travesty. I would also prefer to see Ambrose and/or Rollins in field over him, to be fair, they have owned him.

tumblr_mcmw3jXNnQ1ra6mo9o1_400.gif

...you made a thread for Sheamus, another fringe candidate. I mean, he'll probably make it, but he's in the same boat Ryback would be in if he made it.

Has Sheamus lost all of his important matches this year? Sheamus deserves to be in way more than Ryback, much more talented as well.

Has Sheamus lost all of his important matches this year?

Ryback may have lost quite a few matches, but he's still more important to WWE fans than Sheamus is.

Sheamus deserves to be in way more than Ryback, much more talented as well

I never said he didn't deserve to be in, but he'll be a really low seed, just like Ryback would be. And he's not really more talented. As a matter of fact, he's pretty boring.

Ryback may have lost quite a few matches, but he's still more important to WWE fans than Sheamus is.

Hardly a fact considering what a majority of the WWE audience is now. Ryback is floating in uncertainty while Sheamus can be thrown anywhere and still get a good reaction.

I never said he didn't deserve to be in, but he'll be a really low seed, just like Ryback would be. And he's not really more talented. As a matter of fact, he's pretty boring.

Not many Ryback matches not including the Shield Six Man tags have been very note worthy, he's pretty one sided in the ring currently, I'm sure he might have had some FCW things I've never seen but to say Ryback one on one matches recently are more entertaining than any of the ones Sheamus has had is wrong.

Hardly a fact considering what a majority of the WWE audience is now. Ryback is floating in uncertainty while Sheamus can be thrown anywhere and still get a good reaction.

Haha, are you saying you can't throw Ryback anywhere and he won't get a nice ovation? Come on now. He may not be as over as he was a few months ago, but he still gets one hell of a pop whenever he walks out through that curtain. That's not to say Sheamus doesn't, but I'd say he a solid step behind Ryback when it comes to that. The WWE audience -- regardless of the fact that they may be children, or even grown men and women -- loves Ryback, dude's a freak and people love it when he starts tearing people apart.

Not many Ryback matches not including the Shield Six Man tags have been very note worthy, he's pretty one sided in the ring currently, I'm sure he might have had some FCW things I've never seen but to say Ryback one on one matches recently are more entertaining than any of the ones Sheamus has had is wrong.

The ones with Punk and Cena beg to differ. Seriously, Ryback has been one of the main points of WWE television for quite some time now -- whereas Sheamus has sort of just faded out. To say that Ryback isn't as entertaining as Sheamus seems odd to me. Everything Ryback does still has me reacting, just as (almost) everybody else that watches WWE still reacts to him. To call him one-dimensional is sort of ridiculous, especially if you're going to try and tout Sheamus' matches as being very good. For all the Sheamus hype, he's never been anything more than a solid worker -- he's a brawler, it's fun, but that's it. Yeah, Ryback is formulaic (which is what I'm assuming you're referring to in calling him one-sided), but so were/are Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, and John Cena. They all have something that works and they go to it. Ryback does it too. Hell, so does Sheamus. It's a part of what being a good wrestler is. Ryback is every ounce as entertaining -- if not more -- than Sheamus is, for my money. The fact that he's been one of the focal points of WWE programming for months now doesn't hurt either.

If you're going to support Sheamus in is tournament, then it's ridiculous to tear someone down for supporting Ryback. They're basically in the same boat -- fringe (though, to be fair, Sheamus' championships help his cause and will get him in) candidates to make it in, who won't make any real impact in this thing.

Haha, are you saying you can't throw Ryback anywhere and he won't get a nice ovation? Come on now. He may not be as over as he was a few months ago, but he still gets one hell of a pop whenever he walks out through that curtain. That's not to say Sheamus doesn't, but I'd say he a solid step behind Ryback when it comes to that. The WWE audience -- regardless of the fact that they may be children, or even grown men and women -- loves Ryback, dude's a freak and people love it when he starts tearing people apart.

I'm more so referring to the fact that Sheamus's situation is much more versatile than Ryback's. Sheamus could turn heel or continue being a solid face and there would still be plenty for him to do going into Mania and afterwards but Ryback right now is floating around and WWE is not sure what do with him. Many thought he would be challenging for the WHC but ADR and Swagger and others who deserve a shot will most likely be taking up that spot for a little while leaving him with not much to do besides the Shield and I guess a feud with Show or Henry.

The ones with Punk and Cena beg to differ. Seriously, Ryback has been one of the main points of WWE television for quite some time now -- whereas Sheamus has sort of just faded out. To say that Ryback isn't as entertaining as Sheamus seems odd to me. Everything Ryback does still has me reacting, just as (almost) everybody else that watches WWE still reacts to him. To call him one-dimensional is sort of ridiculous, especially if you're going to try and tout Sheamus' matches as being very good. For all the Sheamus hype, he's never been anything more than a solid worker -- he's a brawler, it's fun, but that's it. Yeah, Ryback is formulaic (which is what I'm assuming you're referring to in calling him one-sided), but so were/are Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, and John Cena. They all have something that works and they go to it. Ryback does it too. Hell, so does Sheamus. It's a part of what being a good wrestler is. Ryback is every ounce as entertaining -- if not more -- than Sheamus is, for my money. The fact that he's been one of the focal points of WWE programming for months now doesn't hurt either.

When has Cena/Ryback ever had a one on one match? His TLC and HIAC matches with Punk were average at best, I can't think of a single 1 on 1 no weapon stipulation match that's note worthy. Yes Cena has a routine but not every single one his matches ends the same way the exact same time when he's on the winning end. Sheamus is a brawler yes (Cena is one too by the way) but Sheamus has a much more diverse move set in the ring then Ryback, as does Hart and Flair back in there day. And I'd hardly call Ryback a focal point for months. He was a big deal heading into HIAC and then people had the good sense to realize Rock was taking the belt off Punk and came back to reality, I'm not saying Sheamus is star of the show 100% of the time but come on.

If you're going to support Sheamus in is tournament, then it's ridiculous to tear someone down for supporting Ryback. They're basically in the same boat -- fringe (though, to be fair, Sheamus' championships help his cause and will get him in) candidates to make it in, who won't make any real impact in this thing.

I'm not tearing anybody down for supporting him, I just see no reason for him to be in the tournament and in doing so I'm basically defending Sheamus against you. I also don't think their in the same boat. I'm willing to say WWE has more stock in Sheamus, hence why it was Ryback who took the fall at EC and Sheamus has been kept strong throughout this Shield feud.

I'm more so referring to the fact that Sheamus's situation is much more versatile than Ryback's. Sheamus could turn heel or continue being a solid face and there would still be plenty for him to do going into Mania and afterwards but Ryback right now is floating around and WWE is not sure what do with him. Many thought he would be challenging for the WHC but ADR and Swagger and others who deserve a shot will most likely be taking up that spot for a little while leaving him with not much to do besides the Shield and I guess a feud with Show or Henry.

Other than a feud with Barrett, where could Sheamus end up? Facing The Shield? Seems like he doesn't have many options either.

When has Cena/Ryback ever had a one on one match? His TLC and HIAC matches with Punk were average at best, I can't think of a single 1 on 1 no weapon stipulation match that's note worthy. Yes Cena has a routine but not every single one his matches ends the same way the exact same time when he's on the winning end. Sheamus is a brawler yes (Cena is one too by the way) but Sheamus has a much more diverse move set in the ring then Ryback, as does Hart and Flair back in there day. And I'd hardly call Ryback a focal point for months. He was a big deal heading into HIAC and then people had the good sense to realize Rock was taking the belt off Punk and came back to reality, I'm not saying Sheamus is star of the show 100% of the time but come on.

Didn't realize you wanted one on one matches, but it's not lie it matters. The point stands. Ryback is far more high-profile than Sheamus. Has been for months, it's not like it's hard to notice. And don't try to feed me the "Sheamus is diverse" crap -- he's not. He's alright, but his matches are all one and the same -- unless he has a stipulation to rely on. Nothing wrong with that, but don't try and shit on Ryback for the same thing, then. Ryback mattered for months, when Sheamus was doing his thing on the B-show (which was cool, but not on the same level) -- even if Ryback isn't at that level (main eventing Raw) now, he's still more important than Sheamus. It would be a much easier transition to have Ryback main eventing PPVs than it would Sheamus, he's fizzled more than Ryback.

I'm not tearing anybody down for supporting him, I just see no reason for him to be in the tournament and in doing so I'm basically defending Sheamus against you. I also don't think their in the same boat. I'm willing to say WWE has more stock in Sheamus, hence why it was Ryback who took the fall at EC and Sheamus has been kept strong throughout this Shield feud.

They're basically the same. It's an all-time, legends-centered tournament and you want to support Sheamus? In this sense, they are almost exactly alike. Neither would make a splash in the tourney and, honestly, I don't know if I'd put either one in. And I would hope WWE has more stock in Sheamus, for all the time they've spent on him -- see where Ryback will be when he's had as many years under his belt (with this gimmick) as Sheamus has, don't be surprised by the fact that he'll probably be an even bigger deal then, too.

Other than a feud with Barrett, where could Sheamus end up? Facing The Shield? Seems like he doesn't have many options either.

Still much more than Ryback, he needs to be built back up to be anything close to as big of a deal as he was going into HIAC.

Didn't realize you wanted one on one matches, but it's not lie it matters. The point stands. Ryback is far more high-profile than Sheamus. Has been for months, it's not like it's hard to notice. And don't try to feed me the "Sheamus is diverse" crap -- he's not. He's alright, but his matches are all one and the same -- unless he has a stipulation to rely on. Nothing wrong with that, but don't try and shit on Ryback for the same thing, then. Ryback mattered for months, when Sheamus was doing his thing on the B-show (which was cool, but not on the same level) -- even if Ryback isn't at that level (main eventing Raw) now, he's still more important than Sheamus. It would be a much easier transition to have Ryback main eventing PPVs than it would Sheamus, he's fizzled more than Ryback.

Yes it does matter, if Ryback can't have any one on one matches showcasing what he can do what exact argument are people going to use in the tournament? There aren't going to be any six man tag matches for him to hide behind. A majority of the people he would most likely go against aren't jobbers. Sheamus has three finishers he can finish a match with, Brogue Kick, White Noise, Cloverleaf, that alone is much more diverse than anything Ryback's done. He's not the best ring technician but he has more moves than Ryback. In a company with Cena/Punk/Orton(yes Orton main eventing whatever show after Mania makes more sense the Ryback at the moment) Ryback headlining anything doesn't seem likely. ADR is a head of him right now, Swagger of all people is a head of him now, Daniel Bryan who loses most of his one on one matches (yet are still more entertaining than Ryback's) would be a smoother transition into a WHC feud then Ryback would the WWE title. Sheamus hasn't fizzled because his momentum is completely the same, Ryback got a lot of steam and was cooled off severely by Survivor Series.

EDIT: Antonio Cesaro is also much better positioned than Ryback.

They're basically the same. It's an all-time, legends-centered tournament and you want to support Sheamus? In this sense, they are almost exactly alike. Neither would make a splash in the tourney and, honestly, I don't know if I'd put either one in. And I would hope WWE has more stock in Sheamus, for all the time they've spent on him -- see where Ryback will be when he's had as many years under his belt (with this gimmick) as Sheamus has, don't be surprised by the fact that he'll probably be an even bigger deal then, too.

It's not a legends centered tournament people just cling to their childhood/attitude era favorites either because they don't like a majority of the current product or they just like nostalgia. Sheamus isn't the only person I plan to support but it's so predictable to support the same legends every year, arguing for the Celtic Warrior seems more fun, if this is any indication of what it's going to be like to argue against internet favorites or over valued legends then I look forward to it.

Still much more than Ryback, he needs to be built back up to be anything close to as big of a deal as he was going into HIAC.

He doesn't. He's still massively over.

Yes it does matter, if Ryback can't have any one on one matches showcasing what he can do what exact argument are people going to use in the tournament? There aren't going to be any six man tag matches for him to hide behind. A majority of the people he would most likely go against aren't jobbers. Sheamus has three finishers he can finish a match with, Brogue Kick, White Noise, Cloverleaf, that alone is much more diverse than anything Ryback's done. He's not the best ring technician but he has more moves than Ryback. In a company with Cena/Punk/Orton(yes Orton main eventing whatever show after Mania makes more sense the Ryback at the moment) Ryback headlining anything doesn't seem likely. ADR is a head of him right now, Swagger of all people is a head of him now, Daniel Bryan who loses most of his one on one matches (yet are still more entertaining than Ryback's) would be a smoother transition into a WHC feud then Ryback would the WWE title. Sheamus hasn't fizzled because his momentum is completely the same, Ryback got a lot of steam and was cooled off severely by Survivor Series.

EDIT: Antonio Cesaro is also much better positioned than Ryback.

Nope, doesn't matter. The only reason he was in triple threats was to protect his win streak -- they didn't want him taking the fall -- and when he did have to take the fall, shenanigans were afoot. I don't see why you call it "hiding" behind multi-man matches, when he generally goes out and is always a focus of the match. It doesn't matter if there are sixty people in the match, if Ryback manages to shine through that, he deserves credit. To say someone doesn't deserve their due because their major matches (in a small sample size) have been multi-man matches is foolish.

More moves doesn't mean jack shit, stop being an Internet stereotype. Why would it make any -- I mean, any -- sense for Ryback to have a move set of 30 moves, when his move set (which isn't all that limited anyway) works just fine? He tears through people and he does it well. Excuse him for not having 1000 moves in his move set; I mean, that worked so well for Dean Malenko, that guy is a legend.

Haha, and Cesaro -- the guy who lost to Ryback in under two minutes a few Raws ago -- is not better positioned. That's ridiculous.

It's not a legends centered tournament people just cling to their childhood/attitude era favorites either because they don't like a majority of the current product or they just like nostalgia. Sheamus isn't the only person I plan to support but it's so predictable to support the same legends every year, arguing for the Celtic Warrior seems more fun, if this is any indication of what it's going to be like to argue against internet favorites or over valued legends then I look forward to it.

And there it is -- you don't understand this tournament. A field of, what, 128 wrestlers ranging from Lou Thesz to John Cena compete in this every year. A majority of those guys are legends -- some are long retired, some still compete too -- but you have to earn your way into it. I'm all for supporting your favorites, but this tournament is about determining the cream of the crop, about crowing an "ultimate champion," if you will. Do you really want to put Sheamus on the same level as Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Stone Cold Steve Austin, or the droves of others who have a far better resume, and are far more deserving of winning this thing?

The only difference between Sheamus and Ryback being in this thing, is that Sheamus might make it past the first round and will most likely go out in the second, while Ryback will almost definitely go out in the first.

He doesn't. He's still massively over.

By your standards sure, but you're not everyone. Then again neither am I, making this irrelevant, moving on.

Nope, doesn't matter. The only reason he was in triple threats was to protect his win streak -- they didn't want him taking the fall -- and when he did have to take the fall, shenanigans were afoot. I don't see why you call it "hiding" behind multi-man matches, when he generally goes out and is always a focus of the match. It doesn't matter if there are sixty people in the match, if Ryback manages to shine through that, he deserves credit. To say someone doesn't deserve their due because their major matches (in a small sample size) have been multi-man matches is foolish.

Ryback was nothing more than the hot tag or occasional powerhouse in any of those three tag matches. TLC was never about Ryback it was about the Shield itself, what else did Ryback do in that match then throw Rollins through tables? EC Cena was the focus of the Shield's attack's until of course Ryback got the hot tag only to be pinned not through shenanigans but pure strategy that the faces can't keep up with. That's literally the entire thing the angle is pushing, it's not about Ryback himself it's about how Shield is a better team than any three superstars. Ryback might not be hiding but he's no shining through and it's not helping him the long run. And I wouldn't call all of those major matches either, all have been overshadowed by what Cena, Rock, or Punk is doing.

More moves doesn't mean jack shit, stop being an Internet stereotype. Why would it make any -- I mean, any -- sense for Ryback to have a move set of 30 moves, when his move set (which isn't all that limited anyway) works just fine? He tears through people and he does it well. Excuse him for not having 1000 moves in his move set; I mean, that worked so well for Dean Malenko, that guy is a legend.

Haha, and Cesaro -- the guy who lost to Ryback in under two minutes a few Raws ago -- is not better positioned. That's ridiculous.

Moves do mean something which is why I don't think you're understanding why it's silly to have Ryback in a tournament when he's had nothing but squashes, a average HIAC and TLC matches he's lost, and the rest be six man tags he hasn't been successful in either. The Cesaro thing is exactly what I'm talking about, Ryback has beaten him (only once to my recollection too, others have been countouts) and he still continues to look stronger and dominant than Ryback has in months.

And there it is -- you don't understand this tournament. A field of, what, 128 wrestlers ranging from Lou Thesz to John Cena compete in this every year. A majority of those guys are legends -- some are long retired, some still compete too -- but you have to earn your way into it. I'm all for supporting your favorites, but this tournament is about determining the cream of the crop, about crowing an "ultimate champion," if you will. Do you really want to put Sheamus on the same level as Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Stone Cold Steve Austin, or the droves of others who have a far better resume, and are far more deserving of winning this thing?

Way to prove my point of people clinging to the legends. Nowhere does it say you have to be around X amount of years and have X amount of title reigns to be in the tournament. As far as I'm concerned it's based off popularity in every given match. Last year there were plenty of match ups where people who weren't exactly on each other's level but still won based off the stipulation or popularity itself. Austin's already won, Hogan's, Flair's, Taker's, and etc. have plenty of people that will mindlessly support them throughout the tournament and I might even be one of them depending on who they're facing but I feel like Sheamus deserves to go far, just like you feel X superstar deserves to win the whole thing. I'm just defending my choice as I will when the tournament happens.

By your standards sure, but you're not everyone. Then again neither am I, making this irrelevant, moving on.

Anybody with a set of ears would tell you the same thing, but yeah -- let's move on.

Ryback was nothing more than the hot tag or occasional powerhouse in any of those three tag matches. TLC was never about Ryback it was about the Shield itself, what else did Ryback do in that match then throw Rollins through tables? EC Cena was the focus of the Shield's attack's until of course Ryback got the hot tag only to be pinned not through shenanigans but pure strategy that the faces can't keep up with. That's literally the entire thing the angle is pushing, it's not about Ryback himself it's about how Shield is a better team than any three superstars. Ryback might not be hiding but he's no shining through and it's not helping him the long run. And I wouldn't call all of those major matches either, all have been overshadowed by what Cena, Rock, or Punk is doing.

Okay, so he's the fourth biggest star in the WWE, behind three dudes who are going to be remembered as some of the greatest ever. I don't see what's wrong with that. Listen, there's nothing wrong with being the powerhouse or hot tag either -- that's a pretty huge role, actually. The crowd goes apeshit when Ryback starts tearing people a new one -- lesser wrestlers have made a career of that. The Shield angle, for my money, is the second hottest thing in the WWE, begin Rock/Cena. And when Ryback was working with Punk and Cena, he was right at the top of the food chain. Sheamus hasn't been there in quite some time, and even if it was a very quick walk in the park for Ryback, they clearly trusted him enough to put him in that position.

Moves do mean something which is why I don't think you're understanding why it's silly to have Ryback in a tournament when he's had nothing but squashes, a average HIAC and TLC matches he's lost, and the rest be six man tags he hasn't been successful in either. The Cesaro thing is exactly what I'm talking about, Ryback has beaten him (only once to my recollection too, others have been countouts) and he still continues to look stronger and dominant than Ryback has in months.

No, man -- they don't. Seriously, Hogan is the greatest wrestler ever and he has less moves than Ryback. It doesn't matter. Do one move well, and you can still make a living off of it -- it's not about the moves. Moves are secondary to being able to execute well. It doesn't matter that all his matches are squashes either -- Goldberg made it into this thing and most of his matches -- throughout his whole career -- never made it past being squashes.

Seriously though, his Cesaro argument will get you nowhere. He doesn't look more dominant than Ryback, especially when he loses to him in under two minutes, clean in the center of the ring. Saying Cesaro looks better than Ryback is just hyperbole, man.

Way to prove my point of people clinging to the legends. Nowhere does it say you have to be around X amount of years and have X amount of title reigns to be in the tournament. As far as I'm concerned it's based off popularity in every given match. Last year there were plenty of match ups where people who weren't exactly on each other's level but still won based off the stipulation or popularity itself. Austin's already won, Hogan's, Flair's, Taker's, and etc. have plenty of people that will mindlessly support them throughout the tournament and I might even be one of them depending on who they're facing but I feel like Sheamus deserves to go far, just like you feel X superstar deserves to win the whole thing. I'm just defending my choice as I will when the tournament happens.

No, your whole career is taken into account. That means influence, popularity, kayfabe achievements and so on -- it clearly makes it harder for Sheamus and Ryback to make it into this, doesn't it? Yeah -- people are stupid, that's why the idea that Hulk Hogan can't climb a ladder still exists. If Andre The Giant faces Jeff Hardy in a TLC match, I'll take Andre. The stip doesn't matter, most of the time. If it's close, and one guy is considered an expert, then it may sway my opinion. Otherwise, the greater wrestler (in his prime) will always deserve to win.

So, basically, your whole argument just boils down to the fact that you don't want the most deserving guys to win, because they already have? What's the point of having this tournament then? Let's just hand it to the next guy in line every year, maybe even Barry Horowitz will get his chance to shine!

Okay, so he's the fourth biggest star in the WWE, behind three dudes who are going to be remembered as some of the greatest ever. I don't see what's wrong with that. Listen, there's nothing wrong with being the powerhouse or hot tag either -- that's a pretty huge role, actually. The crowd goes apeshit when Ryback starts tearing people a new one -- lesser wrestlers have made a career of that. The Shield angle, for my money, is the second hottest thing in the WWE, begin Rock/Cena. And when Ryback was working with Punk and Cena, he was right at the top of the food chain. Sheamus hasn't been there in quite some time, and even if it was a very quick walk in the park for Ryback, they clearly trusted him enough to put him in that position.

He's being fed to the Shield to make them look good when he himself hasn't been the same since. The Shield angle is big, but like I've said it's not because of Ryback. Sure they trusted him enough to be the fall guy for Punk and the guy that get's eliminated by Cena but as of now that's about it. Maybe things will change after Mania but people are more interested in ADR/Swagger then they are Ryback right now.

No, man -- they don't. Seriously, Hogan is the greatest wrestler ever and he has less moves than Ryback. It doesn't matter. Do one move well, and you can still make a living off of it -- it's not about the moves. Moves are secondary to being able to execute well. It doesn't matter that all his matches are squashes either -- Goldberg made it into this thing and most of his matches -- throughout his whole career -- never made it past being squashes.

Seriously though, his Cesaro argument will get you nowhere. He doesn't look more dominant than Ryback, especially when he loses to him in under two minutes, clean in the center of the ring. Saying Cesaro looks better than Ryback is just hyperbole, man.

Goldberg eventually made it past squashes and Ryback probably eventually will too, what I'm saying is you can't give a solid 1 to 1 argument in a tournament like this for a guy with the experience of Ryback. There's no Cesaro argument here, he's been kept stronger than Ryback has and there's really no disputing that. Nobody has beaten him in under two minutes so I don't know where you're getting that from. Orton has beaten him once clean in a pretty competitive match up but that's about it. Even all of Cesaro's victories are clean and are in competitive matches, not just squashes, he even made a match with Khali semi-entertaining. And yes lately, he does look stronger.

cesaro-miz2.gif
tumblr_mg18tfVxSj1rqoq0po1_500.jpg
0.jpg

No, your whole career is taken into account. That means influence, popularity, kayfabe achievements and so on -- it clearly makes it harder for Sheamus and Ryback to make it into this, doesn't it? Yeah -- people are stupid, that's why the idea that Hulk Hogan can't climb a ladder still exists. If Andre The Giant faces Jeff Hardy in a TLC match, I'll take Andre. The stip doesn't matter, most of the time. If it's close, and one guy is considered an expert, then it may sway my opinion. Otherwise, the greater wrestler (in his prime) will always deserve to win.

So, basically, your whole argument just boils down to the fact that you don't want the most deserving guys to win, because they already have? What's the point of having this tournament then? Let's just hand it to the next guy in line every year, maybe even Barry Horowitz will get his chance to shine!

I never said I didn't want the most deserving guy to win (which is stupid in it's own right because you're basically asking who is more deserving of over valued internet praise) I just don't want to only support the same people all the time and you've seem to taken offense to that. You seem to not like that I want Sheamus in the tournament when he's most likely not going to win it anyway. Plus it's a double edge sword when people get angry in this tournament when a new guy beats an old legend but those are the same people calling others marks when they say they prefer legends to superstars of now. So it doesn't matter, I'm going to support Sheamus anyway.

Am I surprised that Hurricane pulled out the "moves mean something" card yet again? Nope.

Just for that, I hope Benoit faces Sheamus in the first round so he can make that Irishman tap like a bitch and send him back to the pub.

Also, you're going to look real stupid if ADR and Swagger is the opening match which is to be expected.

If moves don't matter then what exactly is Benoit being judged based off?

His mic skills? His World title reign? How many years he was the main event/attraction?

One of the best in-ring workers: because of his moves.

Put two and two together and hopefully you understand what I was saying before. People like Benoit are almost entirely judged off what they can do in the ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back