Ryback VS Lesnar/Batista: What could've been

A11oftheLights

Getting Noticed By Management
From the moment he debuted Ryback was shown to be a dominant beast, he tore through "local talent", jobbers and tag teams. He was on a roll and was over with the fans but in good old WWE fashion they booked Ryback VERY VERY poorly, from being rushed into the WWE title picture to a loss to Mark Henry at WM until the point where he has slowly dwindled down to being a pointless brute.

Now had he been booked as a solid unstoppable monster he could have been facing Lesnar in a one one match that would be booked as an unstoppable force vs immovable object kind of match.

OR

He could have eventually been pushed into the title picture and be defending against Batista instead of Orton in a Beast vs Animal match.

Thoughts?

PS: This assumes that WWE continued to ignore Daniel Bryan.

Who gives a shit? Ryback/Batista/Lesnar are all Goldberg wannabes who do 2 moves each and have limited to no mic skills (especially Brock Lesnar, the guy has been on the roster over 10 years and still needs Paul Heyman to do all his promos)

Ryback vs Batista doesn't excite me. It could have worked but I have my doubts. Batista at his worst is difficult to watch and Ryback isn't exactly Shawn Michaels. Ryback's career has taken a horrible turn which is a shame because he had potential. They clearly liked him hence his feuds with Punk and Cena as well as working with Heyman. I suppose Ryback vs Batista would have been fine at a minor PPV but I'm not sure at Mania and/or for the title.

Ryback vs Lesnar would be a waste of the latter. Of course, if things were done differently Ryback would be a more credible star but he was never that level. He has a good look and has put on some decent matches but is limited on the mic. One good promo on the ambulance doesn't change that.

If you want a monster taking on either of these guys; I'd much rather see Big E, Sheamus or Reigns. Ryback just isn't as good and a World Title or better booking wouldn't have changed that.

They should have had Randy Orton replace Cena in the WWE Championship match at HIAC 2012. Orton wasn't doing anything special just having random match ups with Dolph and Del Rio for no reason.

I felt they should have took their time with Ryback. They should have had him won the IC title off The Miz at HIAC instead they had him make The Miz look weak, squashing him in a match, therefore never revisiting the match for the title.

A IC title reign would have gave fans time to buy into him and maybe his reign could have been lengthy and brought prestige to the title.

The Henry/Ryback matches are always forgettable, thankfully for Ryback. I could have seen a Lesnar or Batista/Ryback match if he was to be seen a legit threat rather than somebody who can be taken down under weird match circumstances. I would have loved to seen him cut promos on how he's here for the fans, never left unlike Batista/Brock, maybe the fans could have bought into that, a monster version of Cena.

Who gives a shit? Ryback/Batista/Lesnar are all Goldberg wannabes who do 2 moves each and have limited to no mic skills (especially Brock Lesnar, the guy has been on the roster over 10 years and still needs Paul Heyman to do all his promos)

What a pathetic post. Lesnar and Batista have supassed Goldberg by a country mile. And Lesnar hasn't been on the roster 10 years at all. Nowhere near. You seem a wrestling snob, let me guess, Ziggler and Bryan are you favourites. I bet you hate Cena too.

Bad booking completely killed Ryback who I thought had potential. I still wouldn't give up on him as I think he has the tools if he is booked to look dominant. He was way over a year ago...

Actually I am not like the traditional IWC Sheep who think it's somehow "cool" to hate John Cena and love Daniel Bryan and/or CM Junk.

I actually respect Cena for his charity work among other things, such as when he's injured, he doesn't go and bitch to HHH and get the guy who injured him fired, unlike the current WWE World Heavyweight Champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back