Ryback VS Tensai!!!!!!!!!!

PowerHouse

Pre-Show Stalwart
Well tonight on Smackdown we saw Ryback face Tensai. It was the first time we saw Ryback face anyone his size and in Tensai's case Bigger than Ryback. It was a match basically dominated by Ryback who had no problem hitting his finishing move on Tensai for the win. I see people on here say Ryback isn't that good in the ring. I wanna know who at his size is better than Ryback. I'll concede Lesnar but beyond him nobody i can think of. Goldberg was not better in the ring. He came during the height of Pro Wrestling popularity in the 90's. Batista was absolutely horrible in the ring yet people didn't seem to mind. Ryback is not a bad worked not even close. He is actually pretty good. His win over Tensai tonight to me was impressive and it should launch him even further in his push.

Ryback is damned good in the ring and anyone who says otherwise just doesn't get it. His moves are crisp and high impact. When he hits a powerbomb or a clothesline I myself think of how painful that looks. That is what wrestling is all about: making your moves look painful without actually making it painful. Ryback is winning there.

Plus, it was impressive as hell watching Ryback lift Tensai for the finish. Countdown to when he does that to Big Show...

Vince likes him and is pushing him, he is muscular and never wrestled in ROH. Thats why he gets so much IWC hate..

I think he is doing a good job and his character is getting over with the crowd. I'm a big fan of his and was looking forward to his feud with Miz.

Lesnar is just a freak athlete. No one can be compared to him, but I do think Ryback can be one of the better monster types.

Batista and Goldberg were terrible? I know that everyone has a right to their opinion, but anybody who drew money is far from being terrible. Goldberg kept WCW alive while Raw was taking over the Monday Night Wars, while Batista's stint with Evolution and feud with Triple H alone made him a future Hall of Famer.

If you're holding Ryback at a higher regard than Batista and Goldberg, then holy hell is the pressure on his shoulders!

...see what I did there?

Batista and Goldberg were terrible? I know that everyone has a right to their opinion, but anybody who drew money is far from being terrible. Goldberg kept WCW alive while Raw was taking over the Monday Night Wars, while Batista's stint with Evolution and feud with Triple H alone made him a future Hall of Famer.

If you're holding Ryback at a higher regard than Batista and Goldberg, then holy hell is the pressure on his shoulders!

...see what I did there?

OP clearly stated he was talking about skill in the ring only, i.e. don't credit Goldberg just for entering the business just at the right time, yet here you are making the argument anyway, "Goldberg wasn't terrible, he drew!". Yes, he did, but OP asked to not look at it from that perspective.

Anyways. I didn't watch much of SD last night but I saw the match with Tensai and I was impressed. I don't hate Ryback, but I've been very indifferent. His entire deal with lifting two 80lb indy wrestlers above his head didn't really impress me week after week. And I hate seeing moves like the triple powerbomb because it's too hard to ignore that the victim clearly has to grab onto Ryback's arms multiple times in order to be slammed again, it's always been one of the worst looking moves in wrestling because of how clearly fake it is. With that said, finally seeing Ryback against a fitting opponent does make for a more entertaining match and makes me like him a bit more. He didn't just hit 60% of his finisher like you see when other guys are in the ring with a huge opponent. He had Tensai totally up there for the same amount of time as he does with other guys and hit it perfectly.

Being able to lift a lot does not make a legendary wrestling career so it's gonna take more than that. But I'm glad they are finally putting Ryback in some interesting matchups.

I have absolutely no problem with Ryback, but what he's doing in the ring isn't what I define as "working" a match.....instead, he engages in spot-fests. He's busy setting his opponent up for the high-impact moves; clotheslines, powerbombs, stuff like that. He doesn't lock up collar & elbow, doesn't kick or punch, doesn't use any classic holds designed to immobilize and weaken his foe. Again, he can continue to function this way but I wonder if the "monster" approach will allow Ryback to sustain momentum over a long period of time.

Honestly, I was impressed with Tensai's ability to cater to Ryback's limited repertoire. Obviously, Tensai is not destined for championship status in WWE (if he ever was), yet he's serving as a fine testing board for the up-and-comers. Like him or not, ol' Albert knows what he's doing in the ring and showed that trait admirably in this match.

I was glad to see Ryback stepping up his level of competition. We saw him facing down CM Punk on Raw, and I feel that may be advancing him a little too fast, yet fighting guys like Jinder Mahal (whom I still say is built more like an NBA player than a wrestler) should be behind him now. And please; no more fighting two wimps at a time.:disappointed:

But seeing Ryback in there against someone who's actually bigger than him was a good move by Creative. Instead of looking like a refrigerator, Ryback looked like a fire hydrant. So much the better.

Oh so now Ryback has to use collar and elbow tie ups to be considered actually working a match!!!! That is rediculas!!!!! He works matches as a monster not a technical wrestler. So clothesline, powerbombs, poweslams and the like are what he does. Yes Tensai is a very good worker but where has that gotten him in the WWE???? He has gone nowhere since debuting. This idea that Ryback has to be able to wrestle like Daniel bryan or CM Punk to be considered good is obsurd. Ryback is a monster and wrestles as such. He does it better than many befor him such as Goldberg or Batista. I dont care how popular Goldberg was how much he could draw that doesnt mean he was any good in the ring. Ryback will never draw the way Goldberg did NEVER!!!!! But i enjoy watching Ryback more than i did watching Goldberg!!!! Pro wrestling is not at the height of its popularity like it was in the late 90's. Goldberg was a product of where wrestling was at the time. In the right place at the right time. Plain and simple. Ryback doesnt have that same luxury.

I don't think Ryback is bad at all. But the fact that they have been feeding him jobbers from all the over the world made people somehow dislike him. I mean come on, give the guy some real opponents. Speaking of real opponents, as of late, he has been facing some reputable wrestlers like Tensai of course and a couple of others. This is a good start in my opinion. I have to say tho that Batista and Goldberg are for sure more badass than Ryback ever will be. How can you say that they were bad or even worse than Ryback? I have always been a Goldberg fan. The guy was absolute dominance. His moves, style and even pyro.. everything he did was badass. I was never really a Batista fan but still I liked him too. To prove that Goldberg is awesome, people still chant his name till this day and that's something we never see nowadays. Still i respect your opinion tho. No hate whatsoever.

Goldberg was wreckless in the ring!!!! He ended Bret Harts career. Almost ended Perry saturn and Ravens careers. He was only badass cause he was in the right place at the right. Batista was better in OVW than he was in WWE. Batista could produce a good match with anyone. He was horrid in the ring. Ryback will probably never be as popular or looked upon as highly as either one of those guys but Ryback is better than either one of them. He hits his moves better. Goldberg injuries people batista couldnt make anything look devastating. IMO Ryback is the best monster of this type since Lesnar.

I thought this should have been both mens first big feud.

They both had winning streaks & are big guys.

To see them clash would have been cool.

But it seems this has been heavily delayed with Rybacl working the Miz & now possibly Punk. As well as Tensai being pushed down lately.

I strongly suspect that Ryback's fued with the Miz is just getting started. Yes he went over Miz clean in a non title match but that doesn't end the fued. There is still alot more to this fued between Miz and Ryback. Expect some sneak attacks from Miz on Ryback maybe even some help from CM Punk since Ryback stared him down at the end of Raw. I don't think we will see Ryback taste defeat at the hands of the Miz but I do suspect with some preparation by Miz that he will put up a slightly better fight in their upcoming matches. Maybe after Rybacks fued with Miz the WWE pushes him into a fued with CM Punk although I highly doubt it will happen this soon. I would rather see the WWE put him in a match with Mason Ryan and go over him to prove his power dominance over another possible monster. Maybe even Zeke as well. I think a fued with Wade Barrett or antonio Cesaro could really help Ryabck as well. Against guys who could reallistically get a good amount of offense against Ryback with out having to use pure power.

You know what would be nice (sn: oh yea I'm not sure what this thread has to do with Ryback and Tensai. I think I missed it or something.) but it would be nice if this was just all a plot to lure The Miz into the growing faction with Paul Heyman. Think about it. Miz and possibly CM Punk now have common enemy in Ryback. Lets not leave Brock out as eventually he will come back and fued with whoever. This could be the big machine that Ryback could go through that will really put him at the next level.

Even though a wrestler may not even need Heyman (see CM Punk) it's never a back thing to have him on your side. The Heyman Midas Touch is what could bring up the Miz who has been rather stale since his return (not bad.......just stale) why not bring him up with adding Heyman

lol Ryback is bad in the ring? What? Let me remind you that this is ww(E) for entertainment. Stellar/flashy moves are more important than traditional wrestling moves. If you want to see real wrestling then don't watch wwe. But if you expect Ryback wrestle like Bret Hart/Kurt Angle or Daniel Bryan/CM Punk then you got to be kidding me. Just like one of the poster said, he is built for monster moves not a technical wrestler.

As for the recent Ryback push, they can't turn back now that they let him beat The Miz and Tensai without breaking a sweat. We might see him jumping to the main event scene without even landing on the mid-card.

To say that Ryback lifted Tensai up for his finisher with ease on smackdown is a silly thing to say if you watch it you can clearly see how much he was struggling to lift him. Once he had him up, yeah it looked fine and he did it the same as he does all the time but actually getting Tensai up there you could see there was issues with him doing it.
Then on Raw this week he had major problems with doing it and as such just didn't, although fair play to him for realising he couldn't and going another way with it and not just trying to do it and possibly injuring Tensai, or himself, in the process.

This fued isn't all that interesting as Tensai's push has been slowed down to nothingness. He will still be billed as a threat by the commentators but when he came out you just knew that Ryback was going to win this one. The matches weren't terrible but they weren't exactly good either, they were just kind of there and that's it.

I have been indifferent on Ryback, but I wouldn't say he is horrible, and the same goes for Tensai. I did like their match on Smackdown as it was nice to see Ryback go against someone his own size. I agree with Mustang Sally that I hope his days of fighting two no name guys is over. The thing that intrigues me most about Ryback now though is my curiosity on how far they will go with him. he is over with the crowd right now, but I think he has the potential to get stale fast. I don't think they should rush him to the top title, and I would have liked to see him in a decent feud with the Miz over the IC title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back