Rumor: Two Potential Undercard Matches

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
F4WOnline.com put a report out today detailing that WWE officials were discussing potential matches for the undercard this past weekend. Two matches that got a lot of talk were Chris Jericho vs. Mark Henry and Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett.

Jericho vs. Henry would be a pretty good match. Jericho can have good matches with anybody. Hell, a few years back, he even made Khali look good. Jericho will probably disappear again for a while after WM so putting over Henry in a good match will only elevate Henry further for a possible World Heavyweight or WWE Championship feud later in the year.

Sheamus & Barrett have been trading insults for the past few weeks over Barrett's role in Dead Man Down, or whatever the hell the name of it is. It hasn't be very interesting but this would be another great match. They've had great matches in the past and this would no different. It'd also be nice to see the IC title defended at WM for the second straight year. WrestleMania could be a way of starting fresh with Wade Barrett as IC champ as the company hasn't done squat with him as champion for a month or so. On the other hand, it could also be the means of putting the title on Sheamus and give him a strong run as a babyface. If the match does go down, a win for Barrett over Sheamus at the biggest show of the year would be a massive boost for him. If WWE has no real plans for Barrett as champ, then have him drop the strap to Sheamus.

I am not sure they are gonna do the Barrett match as you are saying, I can easily see this on RAW in 2 or 3 weeks time and The Shield cost Sheamus the title match, or even attack Barrett as well.

I could actually see Barrett teaming with Sheamus at Mania against the Shield - as his Nexus experience would be useful "in storyline" to help defeat the Shield. If they do go with the Sheamus IC shot at Mania then again, I see the Shield helping Barrett win.

Jericho v Henry would be a waste of Jericho in my eyes - he'd be far better in the MITB match or working with Cesaro than facing Henry in a sure to lose match. Ryback and Henry should be facing off - whichever is getting the push next going over.

I am interested to see if Goldust shows up this coming monday, as it's Old School - if so we could see the start of the Dustin/Cody match although it seems to me they might end up with Sandow vs Rhodes...

Taken with a grain of salt, but I like 'em both. Book it!

I'm already eager for Jericho and Henry. From promos to the match itself that one should be a helluva lot of fun. I can already picture Y2J ragging on Henry's career, talking about how he was winning world championships while Mark was dating Mae Young. Mark Henry's scary intensity would be a great foil to that. Jericho can have a good match with anyone, but the WSM is no slouch for a big boy. I'm all but positive that they'd put together a David vs. Goliath match that would be amongst the best of that type.

If Sheamus isn't involved with The Shield, then a match with Barrett has gotta be a cinch. The two have great chemistry in and out of the ring, and the wheels are already sort of in motion so the build should only get better. Plus, if WWE were so inclined, they could play up their heritages to give the match a little extra real world "oomph."

Two worthwhile bouts. Hopefully this is one of those times where Meltzer is right. Ehhh... well, I won't hold my breath.

Jericho Vs. Henry is fresh, and something that we haven't really seen before and if Mark could pick up a win then it would be great momentum for another world title push. Sheamus Vs. Barrett would be a great match as well and certainly a step above last years mediocre IC Title match. So I'm pretty much down for both of these and we're already seeing the Sheamus/Barrett match in its early stages right now on Raw anyways.

I kind of like the idea of Jericho vs. Mark Henry. It hasn't been done before and Jericho would work WrestleMania as a babyface. I don't want to see him turn heel again at least so soon. He hasn't really had a long babyface run since he returned in 2007. I want to see the crazy funny babyface Y2J for a while.

I'd definitely like to see Sheamus vs Barrett even though it seems more likely that Sheamus works The Shield at Mania, unless he actually does pull double duty.

Jericho works well with anyone and I'd love to see him vs Henry,, I think they would gel well together and the match would be fresh, however I think it will be Henry vs Ryback, in which case Jericho vs Ziggler would be ideal.

I'd love to see Jericho vs Mark Henry. I don't think they've ever done a program together. A face Jericho taking on the baddest man in the land leading up to Mania would make for pretty good TV.

I guess I'm the only one who's not interested in a Sheamus/Barrett feud. No doubt, they'd have a great match. I'm not denying that, but I don't know if I'd like the feud. Not a fan of Sheamus on the mic and his exchange with Barrett on RAW this Monday was meh IMO.

Sheamus and Barrett I don't have a problem with although I doubt it's going to happen now after last night's Smackdown.

Jericho vs. Henry though I don't like the idea of for the same reason I didn't like the idea of Jericho vs. Ryback, it sounds like a squash match for an episode of RAW. I wouldn't mind if this match took place on another PPV like Extreme Rules or any other B PPV, but this just doesn't scream Wrestlemania. Wanna put over Henry? Why not put him against someone who looks his type of opponent, like Ryback? He's been on a PPV losing streak but he would still present a much bigger and tougher challenge for Henry than Jericho. Like THTRobTaylor, I think he'd put on a better feud and Mania match with someone like Cesaro or Ziggler. I can honestly not think of anybody else besides Jericho who could feud with either of the two heading into WM anyway.

Mark Henry vs. Ryback does seem like a better fit because it seems like it would fall in line with Henry attacking the power players in the form of guys like Khali. Henry has come back to assert his dominance, Jericho (while it would be great because Jericho can make a great feud out of anything) isn't exactly the guy to make a name for yourself off of anymore. Not for an already established guy like Henry anyway.

I would like to see Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett for the IC title, that could be a really solid match.

I don't see what Chris Jericho vs. Mark Henry would do for either performer or the fans. I think Henry should face Ryback since they are the biggest monsters, heel & face respectively. As for Jericho I think he has TONS of options. I would like to see him work a match against The Shield at Mania, maybe Orton, Jericho & (if not a Legend of some sort) another face like Kofi or maybe even The Miz vs. The Shield. I wouldn't mind seeing Jericho work with Ziggler again either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back