• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Rumor] Matt Morgan to star in an episode of "Smallville"

Zeven_Zion

King Of The Ring
Source: http://www.tnastars.com/2010/11/11/rumor-matt-morgan-to-star-in-an-episode-of-smallville/

This rumor has small legs but we thought we would pass it along anyways. According to the website ComicBookMovie.com TNA Wrestling’s Matt Morgan is in contention to play the part of Darkseid in an upcoming episode of Smallville.

Smallville for those that do not know is a TV series based on the life of DC Comics’ iconic superhero, Superman as a teenager before he donned his costume. Darseid is a super villain from the planet Apokolips and is generally portrayed as a very tall villain, thus the basis for this rumor I suppose. Until we get more concrete info I wouldn’t put to much stock in this one.

------------------

I hope this is true and Morgan gets the part. The timing is perfect because Morgan's role is no longer to stand behind Ric Flair and do nothing. He's one of the key figures that oppose Immortal.

Do you think this is good for TNA?

Can Matt Morgan build a solid movie career and will that help TNA in some way?

This wouldn't generate fans but it really makes Morgan look like a legit star and personality. Batista was the last wrestler to appear on Smallville.

Darkseid? You mean THE Darkseid? Yeah, I'm a nerd for comic book villains and shit.

I honestly think this is good publicity for Matt Morgan. Whether or not he can truly act in a television role besides a wrestler remains to be seen, so I can't say either way. Never seen him do anything else.

If the rumors are true, I wish him luck; that's a decent character to portray. And it's gotta be good for TNA because Smallville is coming to a close so they are pulling all the stops.

I honestly think this is good publicity for Matt Morgan. Whether or not he can truly act in a television role besides a wrestler remains to be seen, so I can't say either way. Never seen him do anything else.

If the rumors are true, I wish him luck; that's a decent character to portray. And it's gotta be good for TNA because Smallville is coming to a close so they are pulling all the stops.

Matt recently had a huge role on The Good Guys on FOX where the whole episode revolved around him , I thought he did a very good job of acting. The producers said he did a great job, they were very pleased with his work, and that he was easy to work with. The outside TV exposure is why I am convinced that Morgan is going to be the guy that will eventually take the belt from Hardy. Morgan also supports many popular causes and in real life is an all around good guy. TNA needs to take full advantage of his appearance on Smallville, and have a few TNA ads during the show that just happen to feature Matt Morgan. They should have done the same thing for the Good Guys. I hope he gets the part, I'm sure he'll be good at it.

Ric-Flair.jpg

hate to burst peoples bubbles here but... if this was indeed true it would of been said awhile ago....this is smallvilles last season and has likely already been taped to conclusion.

yea...this is smallville's last season. He would actually be good for the role I think but as much as I want to see it happen...I dont see it occuring or atl east not for this season

so many things wrong in these responses already I had to come in and help some of you...@shogunsrampage - you say hate to burst peoples bubbles...well let me burst yours Smallville has NOT been filmed to completion in fact they have only filmed 3-4 weeks ahead of premiere dates so if Morgan is set to play Darkseid that could very well still be a possibility.

@Dizzy Actually the last wrestler to appear was Kane, Batista appeared November of 08, Kane was in Spring of 09.

To respond to the original post though I would be excited to see this, Morgan was in talks to play Doomsday at some point back in season 8 So I am glad to see the Smallville producers keep Matt Morgan in mind for this iconic role as well.

hate to burst peoples bubbles here but... if this was indeed true it would of been said awhile ago....this is smallvilles last season and has likely already been taped to conclusion.

not necessarily true. most shows, even those with full season commitments, usually split the taping schedule. first half of the season is done november and then they resume filming after the new year. they are usually completed by the end of feburary. not all shows, but a good amount of them. this allows the writers the oppurtunity to keep fresh

on topic i see nothing but positives from morgan possibly being casted. tna needs the exposure and with 'american gladiators' and 'the good guys' under his belt; matt morgan is slowly becoming the recognizable/marketable star in tna. recently its him and hogan who are out in the mainstream more.

i know jeff hardy did 'the talk'. but after viewing it i feel it failed, not in its message but its delivery. jeff was in a dress shirt yet in full face paint. to a non-wrestling fan he looked like a ripoff 'dark knight' joker.

The only reason I see TNA pushing for Matt to appear on Smallville is due to the fact that it will most likely help Matt get over in some way in terms of drawing fans, as well as becoming a more over face. He needs to get more over to properly become a face to contest with the top dogs in Immortal.

I don't necessarily see it being a good thing for TNA. Not that it's a bad thing, but I don't see much coming out of it. Because in the end, it's just a minor appearance. It's one episode that probably won't even be centered around him. So obviously the only one that could draw any positive reaction from this, is Matt Morgan.

Also, I don't see why Matt would want to build a movie career. He's hardly anywhere near the point where producers and directors would fight over getting him in a movie. Why exactly? Because he's nowhere near the big enough name to carry himself in the movie business. "Starring Matt Morgan in..." just doesn't sound like something you would particularly care about.

Movie careers works for big name wrestlers. John Cena, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin and The Rock. Not.. Matt Morgan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back