Royal Rumbotch

Diet Soda

Mustang Sally <3
Hypothetically speaking, what would happen if the superstar booked to win the Rumble match was somehow accidentally eliminated before the end of the match?
To an extent where it would be so blatantly obvious that they had gone over the top and both feet had touched the floor that camera trickery could not hide it.

They'd probably book around it. I dont think it would be a huge problem, though being in proximity to Vince if that happened would be entertaining.

Thought as much. The reason I asked is because I watched the 2001 Rumble again today, and the spot with Kane, Austin and the Rock all on the ropes at once made me think what if.

I suppose it's easier to manage at the end of the match, but imagine right in the middle, when someone like Kane or the Undertaker has made his entrance and is 'clearing house', and then gets carried away and accidentally throws X over the top rope.

Then Wrestler X would sandbag, making it very difficult for him to actually be eliminated and the next wrestler's entrance would be sped up to save the situation.

Also, wrestlers aren't that stupid. They don't forget who's booked to win.

It would have been something if, in 2011, Santino, realizing his career was going nowhere, said, "Fuck it" and shot on del Rio to eliminate him.

Cheers for the responses guys. It's just one of those niggling what if questions I always have at the back of my mind, such as, what if a wrestler really needs to go to the loo in the middle of a 60 minute Iron Man match.

Also, wrestlers aren't that stupid. They don't forget who's booked to win.

Devil's Advocate: What if they are doing one of those teasers where their feet are dangling while they hang on to the ropes for dear life, and the sweat on their hands causes them to slip? There are ways the "winner" could get eliminated accidentally that would have absolutely nothing to do with whether someone forgot who was booked to win or not. It wouldn't even take all that much for a spot like that to get blown, just a slip, not gripping the ropes hard enough, getting tossed a little too hard so that you couldn't grab the ropes, it would be easy...

I think that in the event that an accidental elimination of the booked winner were to occur, they would simply work around it leading up to Wrestlemania. The non-winner would simply be booked to win the Elimination Chamber match for his brand, or they would do some sort of mini-rivalry with the Wrestlemania match at stake, something like that. It wouldn't be too hard to fix.

Someone I know has a theory that the choose the final couple of guys so that if one of them goes over by accident, the other can still be a viable winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back