Royal Rumble- Mickie James vs Michelle McCool- WWE Women's Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I HATE the piggy James segments, we fans got what we asked for. When asked prior what would we do to the women's division of WWE, almost 100% said the same thing, "make story lines that we can get behind...make us care about the women so that we can have a ventured interest in them". We got it. If Mickie just came in and got a title shot, do you think anyone would really care? No! WWE listened and now we care who wins and loses.

Personally, I'd like a couple of scenarios happen. Either, at Wrestlemania, have Michelle make a snide comment about how Beth might be 'the biggest woman in WWE, but she's putting on some too' type comment thinking Beth isn't in the building. Or, we could have Michelle win this one, the next one, have loser has to be valet for the other match. That could be very interesting.

this is the type of rivarly in the divas division ill actually watch without flipping channels waiting for it to end..not that they dont look good..trust me they do..but i watch wwe and tna for wrestling..not lame pointless 6 diva matches or these theme style matches they normally do.they dont get a big pop from a crowd..but mickie and mccool seem to be doing pretty good and getting a big pop

I'm excited about this matchup, although I've long been a proponent of having a Divas Royal Rumble at the Royal Rumble PPV and I've never understand why it doesn't happen. I've always believed there should be a female equivalent where the winner could have the same choice as the male winner as to which title to challenge for. However, if we can't have that, might as well have a pretty good Divas match on the card.

While Raw continues their tournament to crown a new champion and hopefully find some feuds within it, Smackdown has a champion and thus, was able to start a feud. I understand the complaints of many regarding this storyline, but it's certainly no worse than playing out an actual love triangle on screen where real emotions were flying. This is a simple suggestion backstage turned into a full on storyline that is relatable to many female viewers and even male ones. It's nothing new in wrestling BACKSTAGE as talents like Viscera, Yokozuna, among others have been questioned or even fired due to weight issues. The irony of the whole angle though, is that Mickie is nowhere near fat, and I would be willing to guess that if put on a scale, Layla is damn close to weighing the same as Mickie...........but you gotta suspend disbelief right?

As for the match itself, I would expect a good contest, but I'd like to see Michelle win. No, it's not because I like Ms. McCool, but I hate feuds that last one fight and I do believe that if Mickie continues to get screwed over basically, that when she finally wins on Smackdown, it will get her way over, even moreso than she already is. This story has legs so I'd recommend not chopping them off.

And just a small side note, ignore some of Sid's comments. Mickie isn't leaving. nor is she getting buried even if she loses. He's just bitter because TNA is losing 2 talented women and he's hoping Mickie will go back because she's damn talented. Not gonna happen!

Finally, a Diva's match that has some backstory to it other than "challenger vs. champion." It has been sooooooooooo long since something of this magnitude has been attempted, and I am glad the WWE have decided to use both McCool and Mickie for the storyline that they have put on. Mickie is the most reliable female worker on the roster, so placing her in any feud would work. McCool as a heel worker is hot right now and how she has been portrayed (due to what she has created herself) with Layla as her lackey, so inserting her into the fray is an excellent choice. How many other women on the roster are exceptional heels but make the crowd boo them consistently?

The last time something like this happened from memory, besides retirement angles, was the Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James feud that everyone praised (one way or another). This is a great way to freshen up the Diva division and subtly compete against the KO's division over on TNA, considering that their division is losing members. It is also an excellent idea to do the feud now and make the match near the end of the storyline (I think) at a PPV where hardly any matches are on the card. All the RR has is the RR and the brand's top titles match-wise, and looking at what they have planned, the ECW title match could be the opener or a filler, and the WWE title match doesn't feel right for them to actually have a PPV-style match between the two. Apart from the RR (of course) and the Taker/Mysterio match, there really isn't anything else that has much anticipation surrounding it. This will give the chance for the Women's Title match to be a featured match on the show.

As mentioned, Mickie is very versatile who can do anything and everything you would want her to do. Michelle has never been much of a face worker and has really come into her own as a heel. She gives off an old school essence about her, following the classic heel attributes and wrestling moves. These two have rarely locked horns together, but when they have, it has been very interesting matches between the two. So it's not like we have seen this match before as nothing will be repeated.

And the thing I love about this feud the most, is the excellent storyline. The mentioning of how Mickie James is a little overweight and looks more natural than someone like Layla and McCool, who need make-up with designer clothes to look good or have the perpetuated figure by the modeling world. It is BELIEVABLE and will get the crowd to care about the entire ordeal. People don't like Michelle and have the upmost respect for Mickie, so the crowd participation throughout will be a step up than usual, which is a positive.

I'd expect Mickie James to pull off the victory so they can continue the feud when Michelle challenges Mickie for the title, her 6th reign, and give Mickie the chance to get back at McCool by pointing out her flaws and embarrassing her for a change. With the outside factor of Layla, and to some extent Beth, they can easily drag this thing out for a while (like they did with the Trish/Mickie feud). I am going to say that this match might follow the path of the Orton/Cena match in their I Quit a few months ago with more emotionality behind it. Mickie comes out guns blazing, Michelle spots an opening and seizes it, she tortures Mickie, James has a comeback, end the match with Mickie holding the title high.

Should be a good match. Let's hope it is better performed than most of the diva matches these days, but I put my trust in both girls to pull it off.

I was soooooooooo Excited when this match was finally announced for the Royal Rumble! I was kinda shocked(in a very good way) that Mickie was getting another title shot against Michelle McCool at the Rumble, but am glad this storyline is working in the right direction and actually working with the audience. I dont believe Mickie James is going to be heading out the WWE doors anytime soon. Whether or not you like Mickie, she is the WWE's biggest Diva Draw. I am hoping that she and Michelle have a phenomenal title match, with Mickie pinning Michelle and becoming the 5 time womens champ and one time divas. Mickie James is one of the best divas, if not the best today, in MY OPINION, and I think she truely deserves to wear that gold around her waist again after the Rumble!!! Go Mickie!!!!

This should be good, and I'm pumped. When Mickie is on, she is by far one of the best, and same with Michelle. Both are some of the best women the WWE have, and I truly feel if they both put 100% into the match,(So Mickie no sloppy, slow, Maryse/Alicia/Jillian type wrestling you did on Raw)(And Michelle no half assing it either) it will turn out great.

Not only can the two actually wrestle and perform, theirs an actual backstorry. An actual feud, with a storyline, other participants, and even crowd reaction(Mickie's actually helping Michelle get some good boo's). Whereas Raw is bascially a Maryse hair commerical at the moment, Smackdown is actually investing time in these girls and a feud.

I don't want to get my hopes up, because I've been let down before by the divas, but the storyline has really made me invest in this feud even more than I usually do. Mickie might get the belt, since she's been through alot and it would make a nice moment(and McCool has been champ for a while)or maybe McCool walks out champ, adding more fuel to Mickie and don't forget the Beth component.

I am hoping for mickie james to win at the rumble but just because she wins doesnt mean that their fued should end i mean cmon look at randy orton and john cena or triple h Their always fueding wether it be the world heavyweight championship or the wwe it always seems to find their way back to them. So 9 think mickie should win but that only gives michelle and layla more reason to call her piggie james ys its mean but mickie can handle it creative talk to them and know when its time to stop (most of the time) did anyone else see mickie maria beth michelle and layla on smackdown thats what i call a diva seagment it was intresting and it was an all rounder entertainer disagree if you want but thats my opinion !! Cmon Mickie James and Maria !!!! boo Team Lanotcool

Should be a good match as far as divas matches go. This has become the best divas feud since Trish left because fans actually CARE about a divas angle for once! Michelle is doing such a great job as the top heel and Mickie is also doing a great job in earning more fan support for herself. Although Mickie "deserves" to win because of (kayfabe) all the stuff she has been through lately.... I still say that Michelle will retain once again because she has had the best Womens Championship reign since Trish's epic 400+ day one and I think it should continue, there are still others she could face.... Beth Phoenix in particular. Whereas Mickie VS Beth has been done and I can't think of anyone who'd want to see Mickie VS Layla. Michelle's gonna move on to feud with Beth next after this. I both think and hope that will happen.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Michelle McCool will retain the Womens Championship.

First, I honestly cannot imagine mickie james not winning. This has been built up so much as 2 girls ganging up and bullying 1, humiliating her, etc. I think we're supposed to assume that the reason that michelle is doing all this is because she's "afraid" of mickie, along the lines of michelle can't beat her physically in the ring, so she's attacking her emotionally and trying to run her out of the show. And michelle has had the upper hand for the past few weeks, reducing mickie to tears.

So that being said, I cannot imagine that this story would culminate in mickie losing. Usually feuds in WWE that are created through "personal" attacks don't end with the victim continuing to be bullied.

At this point, the only question I really have is will Mickie win on her own, or will she win because at some point in the match it Beth will interfere by turning on layla and michelle. I'm positive that will officially happen with Beth soon, perhaps at royal rumble, or perhaps later, but it will be soon.

Fantastic build, one good worker, and one decent worker. This is gonna be the height of the womens division. I can honestly say ive never seen an angle built this well for a women's match, and I will truly be rooting for Mickie here. The WWE needs to send a message that the schoolyard bully does NOT win in the end.

Lets Go Mickie James

This match is going to make or break the women's division and everyone's opinion on it in the WWE. I haven't seen an angle built this great for a women's match in years. I'm hoping that the WWE does the right thing and gives Mickie the win, as Mania usually features a match with all divas involved, so she needs the big win now, unless they are going to save it for Mania. That would be great, and a big change from the usual Mania.

Anyways, I'm rambling now, and I really hope that Mickie James gets the victory tonight. She deserves it hugely.

Pathetic. Is really the only word I can think of right now. Sittin here watching the PPV and after all the buildup for this match its a 12 second squash match with pre and post match antics. I mean if you want to change women's match reputation as the bathroom or snack break this isnt the way to do it. I mean for the first time in a while im lookin forward to a woman's match, and its a squash.

I completely agree... I was looking forward to this match more than any prior Divas match and all we got was McCool "accidentally" kicking Layla out and Mickie hitting her finisher for the win in like 15 seconds?!?!? :wtf:

Talk about a letdown...

I really thought this match would last longer, but I'm glad it didn't. After listening to McCool's annoying boring promo and Eve dressed up like Piggie James, I was ready to unplug my TV. Hopefully these Piggie James crap is over. I still don't know why a Woman's match was booked after the WWE Championship. 10 years ago that would never happen. Anyways, another match that made the Diva's division a joke.

nice to see Mickie get the belt back she is way more deserving, but honestly this was not a PPV match. I do understand filling time, but heck give it to the ECW guys. Not every PPV has to have a female wrestling match on it. Personally I think WWE should just junk the diva wrestling. It doesn't draw. All it is a live concession stand break for everyone in the arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back