The Million Dollar Team vs Team Slaughter

• The Million Dollar Team

• Team Slaughter

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a second round match-up in the all time Survivor Series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

Team Slaughter

Team Slaughter is from the 1991 Survivor Series, and consisted of Sgt. Slaughter, Jim Duggan, the Texas Tornado, and Tito Santana. Team Slaughter won a pretty handy victory over The Hart Family in Round One.

The Million Dollar Team

The Million Dollar Team is from the 1990 Survivor Series, and consisted of Ted DiBiase, The Undertaker, Greg Valentine, and Honky Tonk Man. They beat Team Ramon 7-3 in the first round.

Dibiase moves on again and with ease. I believe Taker's first non-jobber squash was Tornado, and he flattened him. Dibiase easily handles Duggan and ties Santana, and with Honky and Valentine wearing down Slaughter, he's easy pickings for Taker. Million Dollar Team has all the makings to make a fairly decent run here. I don't see them as a threat to the championship, but they're one of the most balanced teams.

Team Slaughters road ends here. I just cannot see them defeating a team which his DiBiase and The Undertaker in. They're arguably 2 of the best in the world. I think they could beat Team Slaughter alone, nevermind the fact they also have Honky Tonk Man and Valentine.

I'm not trying to undermine Team Slaughter here, they have a few great wrestlers. But as I said above, when a team has those 2 men in, it's going to be hard to find anyone to beat them, and Team Slaughter just don't fit it.

The Million Dollar team in a walk. Team Slaughter has two perenial jobbers on the team, a flash in the pan in Kerry Von Erich, and a walking, talking GI Joe as team captain. The Million Dollar Team, with a Rookie Undertaker and the Honky Tonk Man, completely overwhelm this team. Greg Valentine and Ted DiBiase were awesome, and I would take the two of them over the four of the Slaughter team members.

Team Slaughter, yet again.

There's one wrestler involved in this match that people seem to be forgetting about. His name is Duggan, Jim Duggan. What has Undertaker got that he hasn't? Both are big and dumb. Sure Taker has a little height, but Jim has a 4x4. So long Undi.

Honky Tonk Man the comedy wrestler? Jim Duggan the comedy wrestler. What is Honkey going to beat him with, strength?

Santana & Von Erich are just as tough as Ted Dibiase & Valentine, even if they're not that still leave Slaughter to pick up the pieces.

Well, I'll break this one down as much as I can.

Honkey Tonk is out early, as he was nothing but a comedy wrestler. I agree with Jake there. Valentine and Duggan can eliminate each other, and the Tornado goes down to Taker or Dibiase.

So, a tag team match of Taker and Dibiase to Slaughter and Santana. Dibiase beats Santana, but I think Slaughter goes over Taker here. However, I still don't think that Slaughter could beat Dibiase, not after Taker goes a few rounds with him. Dibiase with underhanded tactics for the win, but a close win at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back