Million Dollar Team vs Team Michaels

• Million Dollar Team

• Team Michaels

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a first round match-up in the all time survivor series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

The Million Dollar Team '94

The Million Dollar Team is from the 1994 Survivor Series, and consisted of King Kong Bundy, Bam Bam Bigelow, and The Heavenly Bodies. They defeated "Guts n' Glory," which consisted of Lex Luger, Mabel, Adam Bomb, and the Smoking Guns. Bigelow and Bundy survived, with Bundy pinning Luger with a big splash 7 seconds after Luger pinned Tatanka with a small package (and I hear steroids make your package smaller anyway).

Team Michaels '95

Team Michaels is from the 1995 Survivor Series, and consisted of Shawn Michaels, Ahmed Johnson, The British Bulldog, and Sycho Sid. They defeated "Team Yokozuna," which consisted of Yokozuna, Owen Hart, Razor Ramon, and Dean Douglas. Michaels, Johnson, and the Bulldog survived. This match was unique because BOTH teams featured both faces and heels, with massive in-fighting, backstabbing, and post match attacks.

Team HBK's captain might be able to win this himself. The only real threat on MDT is Bigelow. Other than that, it's a bunch of jobbers. The Heavenly Bodies just never worked in WWF, and Bundy is totally worthless. Bigelow was always good, but look at the rest of Shawn's backup. Nothing but power. Let's say Bigelow gets by Shawn which would be an act of god on it's own. Who else on that team could he beat, factoring out what Shawn takes away from him? No one. That's who.

I think this is a pretty good matchup. The Heavenly bodies are a fairly under rated team, and Bigelow is a god in my opinion of the ring. I love Bam Bam Bigelow, and pairing him with King Kong Hot Dog Pack Neck Bundy is scary, but not that scary. Bundy wasn't that Bundy from 1986, this was 1995 Bundy, and a very beatable. I honestly believe Bigelow has enough to hang in their with eveyrone on Michaels team, including the captain, but one man can't beat four.

I honestly believe Bigelow has enough to hang in their with eveyrone on Michaels team, including the captain, but one man can't beat four.

This pretty much sums up my post. I'll take it a bit further though.

Yeah, the Heavenly Bodies may have been underrated, but they still lose out to the Bulldog and Ahmed Johnson, no doubts there. Sid in what may be considered his prime could take out a slow Bundy quite easily. The sad part is I haven't even considered Michaels yet. He alone could take Bigelow and possibly someone else, but let me entertain the 1 VS 4 thought.

Bigelow could beat Ahmed and Sid, assuming they were still in. I don't see either going out to anyone other than Bigelow or Bundy. Bulldog would probably give him a run, and might be too much for Bigelow after facing 1 or 2 other guys. Now, assuming he pulled a miracle and got it back to 1 on 1, you have a fresh HBK against a worn out Bigelow. I'd consider that a walk for HBK.

Michaels wins this.

Folks, you're all missing one MAJOR aspect of this match-up.

The guys on Michaels' 95 team HATED each other. Bulldog DESPISED Michaels and was feuding with Johnson. Michaels and Sid were feuding heavily. It was so bad, in fact, than if my memory serves me correctly, Sid and Davey attacked Michaels after the match, and Ahmed came to Shawn's aid, allowing Michaels to superkick Sid. Against a cohesive MDT, the Michaels team has NO CHANCE.

Million Dollar Team picks apart the dissenting Team Michaels 4-2.

Shawn could win this match on his own, no doubt about it. However, Irish brings up an excellent point I was going to make; and it's the main reason they won't make it much further. A big part of SS matches is getting on and working as a team, even more so than in a Tag match arguably. If they were against a better team, even I couldn't put HBK over. But, they're not against a better team. Bigelow would be the only major threat, and it isn't even close.

Come on Becca. Really? Michaels could win this on his own? Irish hit the nail on the head Team Michaels was dysfunctional and this is a team match so cohesiveness plays a big factor. One powerbomb from Sid and a running powerslam from Davey and Michaels would be eliminated. Or better yet. The Michaels team would fight so much between itself that the ref would have to call the match. Either way The Million Dollar Team takes this one. If Team Michaels were cohesive. Then I would be hard pressed to find a better team in this thing. But they're not.

Irish is right, and I would have pointed it out regardless; Cohesiveness is something you have to remember. The Heavenly Bodies were as well-oiled a tandem as you could find in the WWF back then. King Kong Bundy had deteriorated a lot by then, but you can never consider the man a slouch. And then you have Bam Bam Bigelow, near the top of his game. These four would capitalize on even the mildest miscommunication on HBK's team, and it would pay major dividends. I could see it still possibly come down to HBK vs. Bam Bam, but Sid and Bulldog would be more than happy to ensure a beat down on HBK.

Folks, you're all missing one MAJOR aspect of this match-up.

The guys on Michaels' 95 team HATED each other.

They won, didn't they?

Bulldog DESPISED Michaels and was feuding with Johnson. Michaels and Sid were feuding heavily. It was so bad, in fact, than if my memory serves me correctly, Sid and Davey attacked Michaels after the match, and Ahmed came to Shawn's aid, allowing Michaels to superkick Sid.

Could a cohesive unit of Ahmed & Shawn not beat up everybody in sight? There weren't many people who could beat Johnson at that time, and HBK was well on his way to becoming a star. Even if you exclude Bulldog & Sid, HBK & Ahjmed are more than enough for a jobber team.

Million Dollar Team picks apart the dissenting Team Michaels 4-2.

Bam Bam is the only one that might pose a problem. Actually, he doesn't. Because even Bigelow was a jobber at that point. With Tatanka he lost to Bob Holly & the 1-2-3- Kid at the Rumble just a few months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back