Team Slaughter vs The Hart Family

• Team Slaughter ('91)

• The Hart Family ('93)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a first round match-up in the all time survivor series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

Team Slaughter

Team Slaughter is from the 1991 Survivor Series, and consisted of Sgt. Slaughter, Jim Duggan, the Texas Tornado, and Tito Santana. They defeated "Team Mustafa," which consisted of Col. Mustafa, The Berzerker, Skinner, and Hercules. No shock here - Team Slaughter swept the match and all members survived. They were smart to have Series mainstay Santana on the team, and Team Mustafa may go down as the ugliest team in wrestling history.

The Hart Family

The Hart Family is from the 1993 Survivor Series, and consisted of Bret, Owen, Keith, and Bruce Hart. They defeated "Shawn Michaels and his Knights," which consisted of Michaels, Red Knight, Blue Knight, and Black Knight. As we all recall, everyone on the Hart Family side survived except for Owen, who was launched into the steel barricade after being accidentally hit by his brother Bret during a bounce off the ropes. This night began the Bret vs Owen feud, and also represented the only time we saw Bruce and Keith in a WWF ring as competitors. Michaels filled in for Jerry Lawler, and walked out after his 3 knights were decimated.

Ok. Be honest. Did ANYONE really think the Knights stood a chance in hell? No. No one ever, not even the biggest mark alive, thought they stood a prayer. Here though, the Harts go down. Tito can take Owen move for move, and if Hitman has a weakness, it's power, and that's what Slaughter, who was at the peak of his career at the time, braings, as does Von Erich and Duggan. If you can eliminate Bret, then Slaughter's team can pick the harts off one by one. Either way, the Harts go down.

The Harts are definitely a good team. But the thing is. They arent using Jim Neidhart and Davey boy. They are using the other Harts. If this was The Hart Foundation against Team Slaughter it wouldnt be a second thought. The Harts would take it. But it's not. It's pretty much Own and Bret against a really well rounded team. Once Bret and Owen are gone they dont stand a snowballs chance in hell. Team Slaughter takes it for me in this one.

The Harts are definitely a good team. But the thing is. They arent using Jim Neidhart and Davey boy. They are using the other Harts. If this was The Hart Foundation against Team Slaughter it wouldnt be a second thought. The Harts would take it. But it's not. It's pretty much Own and Bret against a really well rounded team. Once Bret and Owen are gone they dont stand a snowballs chance in hell. Team Slaughter takes it for me in this one.

I couldn't agree more. Other than Bret and Owen, the Harts aren't really factors in this type of matchup. Duggan and the Tornado can take them down easily.

This leaves Owen and Bret against Slaughter and Santana. Santana could probably take Owen, but not Bret. I'd give the edge to Bret over Slaughter, but he'd be outnumbered by that point.

I think the winner of this match would be determined by order of elimination. If Bret and Owen could pick apart Slaughter's team early, they'd win, but strictly looking at participants, I'd have to give this to Slaughter.

On paper Team Slaughter might look like the more complete team. But do any of them have naything in common? Slaughter and Duggan teamed. But they didn't do anything of note. Kerry Von Erich probably took the oppertunity to have a nap whilst he was on the outside of the ring and from what I can remember Tito was having a great time getting beaten down by all the heels.

Both teams struggled with jobbers & nobodies. But at least the Harts know each other. Bret is also a bona fide legend in wrestling, and Owen died so he must be one to.

And with a 13-6 victory, "Team Slaughter" will move on to Round #2. The babyface team of Sgt. Slaughter, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Kerry von Erich, and Survivor Series mainstay Tito Santana proved to be just too much for a Hart Family team, who, despite a legendary captain, couldn't get past the fact that the team was composed of 2 guys who weren't full time wrestlers, and 2 guys who had dissention going in to the match.

Team Slaughter's fate hangs in the balance as they await their randomly selected 2nd round opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back