The Warriors vs Team Michaels

• The Warriors

• Team Michaels

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a second round match-up in the all time Survivor Series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

The Warriors

The Warriors is from the 1991 Survivor Series, and consisted of The Ultimate Warrior, The Legion of Doom, and the Texas Tornado. They defeated The Alliance SOUNDLY by a score of 18-0 in round one.

Team Michaels

Team Michaels is from the 1995 Survivor Series, and consisted of Shawn Michaels, Ahmed Johnson, The British Bulldog, and Sycho Sid. They defeated the 1994 Million Dollar Team, 10-5, in round one.

This is a very tough one for me. I've deleted this response about 3 times now to rerewite it, but I think now I have it. LOD can easily dispatch at least one member of Team Shawn right off the bat, and we'll say that's Bulldog. Either then tags in Von Erich, who is immediately chokeslammed by Sid to even it up. Sid and Hawk lay into each other, but Sid tags out to Ahmed who easily beats him with the PRP. I think it's forgotten how insanely over he was back then. Since Hawk is gone, Animal soon follows as neither have done anything on their own. Then you have Warrior come in and beat the worn out Ahmed and Sid, but he's a bit tired by this point. You have him come in against a fresh Shawn, who was great against big men. It takes two shots, but Sweet Chin Music ends this for Shawn, in one that could easily go either way.

A team of a cohesive unit vs. a team of individiuals. this one is easy for me. A), no one on Team Michaels could have stopped 1991 Ultimate Warror. A sweet chin music to Warrior means a no sell, a guerilla press slam, and Michaels gettnig splashed out of this thing. Legion of Doom could take care of Sid or Bulldog easily. I'm not an LOD fan, but they are two stiff working fuckers that could match power for power with both sid and the Bulldog. Ahmed is easily dispatched by a onelegged Kerry Von Erich.

I can buy what you say about Shawn, I can buy what you say about the LOD, but Von Erich over Ahmed? That's insane. Von Erich was a shell of his former self at this point, and Johnson was a beast. Come to think of it this was his debut match. Von Erich was a jobber at this point. His peak in WWF was a year before against Hennig. At his absolute best (in WWF) he would get crushed by Ahmed. Johnson was bigger and stronger, and had easily the better finishing move. The claw or discus punch are easily negated by the Pearl River Plunge.

You're also assuming that Pre-Tista Johnson wouldn't rip a muscle and be injured for the rest of his career after trying something on Von Erich. I was a fan of Ahmed as much as anyone, but the guys career was nothing but wasted potential and the emergency room. I stand by my one footed Kerry Von Erich over Pre-Tista any day of the week.

Thank God for Shocky, he's the only one taking into account the fact that Team Michaels had 4 guys who despised each other, and the ONLY REASON they won their SS '95 match was because they attacked each other LESS than the other team did. Yes, it's a star studded team, but Michaels and Sid were feuding at the time, And Bulldog and Johnson didn't like each other either.

Warrior, LOD, and Tornado, while not the best team in the field IMO, were a far more synergistic team to win this match than Team Michaels. And yes, I know I voted for TEAM WWF - a team without synergy in the other poll - but I felt that team had more established talent to win their match than a VERY green Ahmed Johnson and a very average Bulldog had.

This match would a whole big no selling piece of shit. HBK & Tornado would try and inject a little drama into the match, bless their cotton socks. But it would be a waste of time. Both of those two would cancel each other out eventuall, and you've then got a power move match.

The Bulldog is considered to be super strong, good luck to him, he'll need it. At about 5'10'' he's far too short. While LOD & The Warrior wrestled like they were green, Ahmed actuall was. Sid remain, but not for long.

The Warriors should win this.

LOD are perhaps regarded as one of the best teams ever. They were tag team masters, and could beat perhaps any combination of 2 guys from team Michaels. Thus, I'd assume the weakest two in Sid and Ahmed.

The Bulldog and Michaels could eliminate the Tornado, and possibly a member of LOD, before the Warrior comes in and takes them both out. The Warrior at this time was too much of a force for an off balance team to overcome.

Actually the Warriors team was from the 1990 Survivor Series. So this was still when Kerry Von Erich was in his "WWF-prime" as he was still feuding with Hennig at the time for the I-C title.

As for this matchup, wrestler-wise, this is a good one, but again you have to take into account that HBK was feuding with both Bulldog and Sid at this time, and Ahmed was a rookie, though a beast.

Then you've got the Warrior who circa 1990, was unbeatable, the LOD who were the most dominant tag team at the time, and Kerry Von Erich who while past his NWA and WCCW glory years was still pretty good. While Sid and Bulldog might cheapshot HBK and Ahmed, the LOD and Warrior could take all of them out themselves.

Let's say Von Erich starts the match out against the Bulldog. They have a good one on one fight for awhile, Bulldog wears Von Erich down good, tags Sid in. Sid power-bombs Von Erich. Von Erich is out.

Hawk comes in and takes it to Sid, Bulldog comes in to help Sid out, Animal comes in to help Hawk out, a brawl ensues, the ref finally gets it under control. Sid then tags in Shawn who goes up against Hawk, who tags in Animal. A good matchup ensues but Shawn takes a beating from Hawk who frequently tags Animal in. LOD wears HBK down good. HBK finally hits a move that knocks Hawk or Animal down and we're at a double count moment. HBK makes the hot tag to Ahmed, Hawk or Animal make the hot tag to the Warrior. The battle of the monsters. Ahmed, while a beast, hits his moves on Warrior, Warrior no-sells, hits his gorilla-press slam on Ahmed, splashes him, eliminates him.

That brings us to Warrior and LOD against HBK, Sid, and Bulldog. Bulldog comes in after Warrior, gets a short advantage. Warrior again powers up, no-sells Bulldog's offense, gorilla press-slams him, splashes him, 1-2-3, Bulldog is out. Sid and HBK come in together try to work on Warrior together, Warrior takes them both out with a double clothesline. Sid and HBK are forced to work together on Warrior and finally wear him down. But as is well known, at this point HBK and Sid don't like each other. While working together, one of them hits the other on accident, then a full-on brawl results between the two. Sid power-bombs Shawn which helps him get eliminated. Then it's down to Sid against the Warrior and LOD. A worn out Sid is no matchup for these three, and goes down quickly.

Warrior and the LOD take this one.

As this match's voting ended in a 7-7 tie, we go to the universal tournament tiebreaker: posted opinions. This gives "The Warriors" a 5-1 victory. For all of you disappointed Team Michaels fans out there, next time don't let KB / Tina be the only one who posts in your team's favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back