Rude's Brood vs Team Savage

• Rude's Brood

• Team Savage

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a first round match-up in the all time survivor series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

Rude's Brood

Rude's Brood is from the 1989 Survivor Series, and consisted of Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, and the Fabulous Rougeaus. They defeated the 1989 Warriors, 11-1, in the first round.

Team Savage '87

Team Savage is from the 1987 Survivor Series, and consisted of Randy Savage, Jake Roberts, Ricky Steamboat, Brutus Beefcake, and Jim Duggan. They defeated Team Canada, 12-1, in the first round.

Savage. Let's start with the captains. Savage against Rude anytime, anyplace is just a great matchup, and while Savage was better I think, we'll call this a draw. Then you have Perfect and Steamboat. No matter who wins here, there is no wrong answer, and if these two don't get a standing ovation, the crowd deserves to be slapped in the face. Then that leaves Duggan, Roberts and Beefcake against the Rougeaus. The Rougeaus were absolutely amazing in the ring, and they'd take out Beefcake, but Duggan's power and the sweetness that was the DDT are too much here. Savage moves on.

Tougher then I thought. First of all, Beefcake and Duggan are irrelevant in this match, so lets dispatch of them. You have Savage, Roberts and Steamboat against Perfect and Rude, and the Rougea Brothers. On the screen, it looks like the Rude Brood, but I think I'm going to go with team Savage. Savage is damn good, as well as Roberts. Steamboat falls into the category of over rated, but even then, he's better then teh Rougeau brothers. I take Savage over Perfect and Rude, and Rude and Savage pretty much negate each other (Wrestlemania 4 awesomeness baby.)

First of all, Rude and Roberts went at it at WM 4 and it went to a draw (damn good match though). I don't think I recall Savage and Rude going at it on a big show, but I'm likely overlooking something.

Steamboat is overrated? I guess I can go with that, but I can't go with Duggan being overrated. He was a big deal at the time for some reason, winning the upcoming Royal Rumble, as well as being in the WM 4 Tournament. He was at the very least good enough to take out a Rougeau. An American against a French Canadian? That's a tailor made 80s fight. Beefcake is definitely pointless here other than to give one of the real 3 stars a breather. Not sure about Steamboat being overrated though.

I meant Rude and Roberts. thinking one thing and typing another. Steamboat was over rated in the WWF. Sure he had a great match at Wrestlemania 3, but was Steamboat ever truly a legit player in the WWF, or anywhere for that matter. He won the NWA title, but his reign is truly forgetable.

It's a shame one of these teams has to go out. I hate to say it but Savage is probably talented enough to take out Rude. I can't see Savage being up for much after. But he get's rid of the main threat in the match. As good as Perfect is Steamboat is at least his equal. Regardless of the decision, the winner wouldn't be up for much after either.

I'm a huge Rougeau fan. But I highly doubt they could take out a team of Beefcake (who hardly ever lost), Duggan (who only ever lost by DQ) and Jake Roberts.

Team Savage, just cos' they got Randy Savage and Jake Roberts on the same team. The rogeaus vs Beefcake and Duggan and I think three of those will go out, with the survivor being quickly dispatched by the captain of the opposite team.

Then you got Rude and Perfect vs Savage, Steamboat and Roberts. Perfect vs Steamboat would be good but I'll take Perfect to win that, that leaves Roberts to eliminate a tired Perfect and I really like Rick Rude but I think that Savage would beat him.

Wow, this is a good matchup.

For me, it comes down to Savage and Roberts against Rude and Perfect. I think the Fabulous Rougeaus cancel out Duggan and Beefcake, but that is just about it. Steamboat is the wildcard.

Now, as for the winners, I think that Perfect and Rude could take Roberts out, but not Savage. At least, not at this point. Add to this that Steamboat is still running around, and I think we have a winner with Team Savage. However, Perfect would likely be the last guy in, and he could put up one hell of a fight.

Savage in a close one.

I am shocked it is 11-1 after my vote.

I voted for Team Savage, due to the fact that Rude's Brood lacks a legitimate main event superstar. Savage is that person for his team, Rude isn't. Ric Rude "main evented" one match - facing The Ultimate Warrior in a cage for the WWF Title. ANd even that match took a back seat to Hogan / Earthquake.

Take Duggan out of the match to make it an even 4-on-4. I'll take Team Savage in a heartbeat.

I am shocked it is 11-1 after my vote.

I voted for Team Savage, due to the fact that Rude's Brood lacks a legitimate main event superstar. Savage is that person for his team, Rude isn't. Ric Rude "main evented" one match - facing The Ultimate Warrior in a cage for the WWF Title. ANd even that match took a back seat to Hogan / Earthquake.

Take Duggan out of the match to make it an even 4-on-4. I'll take Team Savage in a heartbeat.

Savage did main event a couple of shows, but didn't most of them include Hogan? It's as if WWE didn't feel he could carry a main event without him. Yeah, have done me a list of Macho Main events in WWE.

WrestleMania IV: vs. Ted Dibiase. He did main event this show in a singles match. But it wasn't the outcome people were expecting, and Hogan was still involved. I'd guess that most people predicted a Hogan vs. Dibiase final.

SummerSlam '88: w/ Hulk Hogan vs. The Mega-Bucks

Survivor Series '88: Survivor Series Match

Royal Rumble '89: Royal Rumble Match

WrestleMania V: vs. Hulk Hogan

SummerSlam '89: w/ Zeus vs. Hulk Hogan & Brutus Beefcake

Royal Rumble '90: Royal Rumble Match

Royal Rumble '92: Royal Rumble Match

Royal Rumble '93: Royal Rumble Match

Rude vs. Warrior might have been second best to Hogan/Earthquake in preparation for the show. But on the night they went on last, and there wasn't a Hogan or 29 other wrestlers in sight. WWE didn't trust Savage in a main event without Hogan, yet they did Rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back