Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round Two...

yx3kZQZ.png

Stage: The Ultimate Space For Jams

Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and the king of Hell, Doomguy, clash in the middle of one of our most dynamic stages yet! The Ultimate Space For Jams (known by less fun folk as the Unforeseen Simulation Joint) is a training ground for young superheroes designed to teach them the basics of disaster rescue. It has areas for combating fires, rescuing swimmers from drowning, battling hurricane, and even deep space simulation. But this battle may be a disaster in and of itself! Doomguy managed to defeat the magical Enchantress in round one, while Spidey took down his fellow Avenger, Captain America! Who will move on?

FIGHT!

Idk a lot about Doom Guy or the environment they're fighting on. Is there sufficient room for Spidey to web sling? Will seriously affect the fight IMO.

Doom Guy has been in every type of hellish environment a person could throw him in. With Spiderman as his level boss, Doomguy has to pray that he can predict where the webslinger is going to land so he can force his offensive weaponry in that one spot.

My result: Doomguy misses with whatever weapon he's using and gets K.Oed with a Web assisted fist and kicks.

I guess Spider-Man could web Doom Guys hands and feet together and then beat the ever loving shit out of him.

So I was playing with the idea that Doomguy could go berserk and break free from of Spiderman's bonds using strength alone, but I referenced this link and found some pretty startling info on the tensile strength of real life spider silk. It gets pretty eye opening when you scroll down to the section titled "Comparison of the Properties of Natural Spider Silk, Kevlar® and Steel". While Spider silk isn't technically "stronger" than steel in terms of weight that it can support, it is most certainly "tougher" than steel in terms of its threshold for being broken.

I love you Doomguy; you've fought a Spider Mastermind, but it apparently wasn't smart enough to use the ridiculously powerful product that is spider silk.

Spiderman; I fucking hate you and your cheesy stupid personality, but you've been overlooked.

Spiderman takes this one.

Don't you vote for that no named fucker.

He can't even look up and down. Guess where I'll be? Swinging around like a chimpanzee on date night. His bio is flatter than Jameson's hairdo. He has guns and is a marine. Know who else I tangled with a few times that fits the bill?

4e82aad6fb0acd10b34135adcb80ddd6.jpg

Fight me Pancake! Punisher is in the Special Forces. The USMC, not the Army Rangers. Read your bibles. :( #InsideJoke

He comes from a world where there's Health lying on the ground to keep him going. He will find no such luxury with me. I'm fast and I am well aware of the blindspots a helmet like his has. I'm not saying I can beat him up. Dude is armored you know. But it's not out of the realm of possibility that I can subdue him. And this location isn't helpful for him at all. But for a superhero? I think I can use it to my advantage.

USJ is very large, consisting of multiple different environments in one enclosed building designed to simulate various natural disasters - Floods, hurricanes, wildfires, etc. They are elementally-themed and laid out quite nicely. It's specifically designed to train young superheroes in disaster rescue, which Spidey obviously knows quite a bit about.

I think that the sheer amount of surfaces there are to stick to can benefit Spider-Man. The walls have been proven to be scalable by a frog-type superhero, so I don't see why a spider couldn't do the same.

This is a tough fight for Doom Guy. While I don't think that he will be affected at all by the elements of the environment, I do think that his inability to web sling or climb like Spidey will affect his chances in this battle. He might have intense firepower, but Spidey's webs have been known to create bulletproof shields, nearly-unbreakable bonds, and of course allow him to travel around an environment very quickly. As much damage as a BFG can do, I think Spidey's mobility will allow him to get the drop on Doomguy and web him up for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back