Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round Two...

jdznbT8.png

Stage: Tower of London

This is a fight that symbolizes many of the classic clashes we've seen on page and screen over the centuries: strength vs. speed, science vs. religion, jock vs. nerd, and I'm sure there are many more parallels that could be drawn between this fight and many others. An annual competitor in Spider-Man swings into action against a newcomer that has proven his value in the BattleZone in Hercules. Fighting in a modern day Tower of London, cleared of any tourists, but still containing the artifacts housed there. Will Hercules' strength win him the day, or will Spider-Man's agility prove to be too much for the man of myth?

FIGHT!

I would think Hercules would be strong enough to grab Spiderman's webbing and rip it in half. But is he fast enough to catch Spiderman? I would think Spiderman would kick, punch, punch, swing away before Hercules had time to raise his arm to strike.

The only advantage Hercules would have would be to demolish the tower around them both to try and take away Spiderman's mobility.

But I can't see Hercules being fast enough to catch him and ends up losing by getting dropped in a crater or some other match ending loss.

Vote Spiderman for speed and agility over godlike strength.

Godlike strength isn't all Hercules has going for him though. He's a skilled and experienced warrior and he's very intelligent.

I thought about this one a lot and the same scenario kept playing over and over again in my head. Spider-Man tries to use his webbing to bind Hercs hands and Herc simply uses his ungodly strength to pull Spider-Man to him and he ends the fight. Once Hercules catches Spider-Man, it's over. I know that Spider-Man has superior speed and agility, but for him to beat Hercules he's going to have to get close to punch him or kick him at some point. Webbing isn't going to do the trick. Then, it becomes a matter of can Spider-Man continually go in for a punch or kick and retreat without Hercules grabbing him or sending him flying through the tower with a punch or kick of his own?

Also, Hercules could, after witnessing Spider-Man's wall crawling and web slinging, simply bring the Tower down so Spider-Man has nothing to crawl on or web onto.

I think Hercules takes this one I'm sorry to say.

Is Hercules actually slower than Spiderman? I'll grant that he doesn't, historically, do as many flips, but he chased down the magical Hind of Ceryneia (which could outrun an arrow in flight) for an entire year. I looked up arrow speed and did some fuzzy mental arithmetic, and I'm not sure Peter Parker can run, or swing, at over 150km per hour, and certainly can't do so for the same kind of duration.

Hercules wins by pulling off all his opponents limbs.

One comic said that Spider-Man could sprint at 300mph. I think that was also in his Death Battle video against Batman. I still think Hercules wins though, because Spider-Man, whether faster or not, is going to have to engage Hercules to win and when he does, Hercules ends it.

Vote Hercules.

Hercules has had remarkable feats in his story. Here's the key: he didn't complete those feats using his muscles, but his brains for the most part.

Hercules is smart, skilled in battle, but so is Spider-man.

I don't know about Herc's speed, but it can't be that slower than Spider-man's in order to give Spidey a clear advantage.

Given Hercules' history, I doubt Spider-man can win here.. As much as it pains to me to say, Hercules feats are beyond your imagination, trully remarkable achievements.

Hercules takes this round in a hard fought battle. He can clearly destroy Spider-man's webs and the spider speed won't be a problem for Hercules. Unless Spider-man uses means he is not known for to use, like poison, there's no chance he wins.

This is tricky. Herc is formidable, but the speed of Spidey is way too fast and agile. I'm thinking Herc will make an error that Spider Man will capitalize on. I'm rolling with Peter Parker.

Nah bros. This is where I concede defeat.

Hercules held up the fucking sky. I can't do that. He went to Hell and brought home a three headed dog. You ever see me do that? His legend is too great, and even though I like to think I'm part of modern Mythology, I don't see myself getting past a classic. Dude is super fast- don't let his usual brawn game fool you. He is also highly intelligent. I'm a photographer that created some sticky goo I can swing around on. My Spidey Sense is some peak level shit, don't get me wrong. But Hercules is a demigod that came from Zeus's loins. You know, the same guy that was stronger than all the other gods combined.

That and I'm in an enclosed space. I won't get to swing all that freely. Fuck Herc. But I don't see me pulling this off. Venom, Vulture, Rhyno, etc are below him.

He puts the glad in gladiator, too. I can't ignore that.

Putting my vote in for the man of myth. Hercules IS fast, and he isn't just dumb muscle. I think this'd be a great fight to see, but in the end Herc is just too strong for Spidey to make a dent in. I don't think it'd be one-and-done or anything, but when you consider that it's an enclosed environment that limits Spider-Man's mobility (though Spidey COULD leave and take the fight to the streets of London) and the fact that Hercules absolutely could break his webbing, you have a recipe for disaster for the webslinger.

It's been a good run, but Herc moves on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back