• Ghost Rider

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round 2

spiderman-vs-ghostrider.png

Spider-Man beat a legendary Marvel villain in Magneto, and Ghost Rider beat one of Magneto's greatest foes in Cyclops. Which one will succeed in Round 2? The Web Slinging Sensation, Spider-Man, or the hellish Ghost Rider?

FIGHT!

Against Magneto, Ghost Rider may have encountered some trouble. Against Spider-Man, no trouble at all. Nothing Spider-Man can do is going to stop Ghost Rider from flaming his ass to the bank. Webs won't work as they'll melt before they reach Blaze. Punching him only serves to set Spider-Man alight. Nothing is going to work. Another factor here is that the Penance Stare is going to mess Spider-Man up bad. He carries so much guilt with Uncle Ben, Gwen Stacy and many others deaths that he would be destroyed by that move. So how would you guys like your Spider-Man? Raw and bloody or burnt to a crisp?

I love Spider Man the Cartoon but I agree with the poster above me. Spidy stands no chance as Ghost Rider is all flames and the only way I could see spidy standing a chance was to get Ghost Rider to the light to weaken him. I just don't think GR would let him do that as he also has guns and again fire. An the whole Pennacle Stare once GR grabbed ahold of Spidey it will kill him.

Winner due to fire, and pennacle stare Ghost Rider

I'll be the first to admit Spider-Man got by Magneto with a table spoon of luck... but that's totally fair, as beating a tough villain like Magneto DOES take some luck. However, he has no chance against Ghost Rider.

Ghost Rider is virtually invulnerable to physical damage, and unless Spidey's hands and feet were forged in heaven or imbued with heavenly power (they aren't), there's no way he's hurting Ghost Rider.

Even Spidey's webs won't be effective against Ghost Rider. He might be able to slow Ghost Rider down, but then Rider will just burn through the webs.

Spider-Man will be able to dodge Ghost Rider's offense for a while, but eventually Ghost Rider is going to catch Spidey, and when that happens Spider-Man stands little chance against this Hellish Hero.

Ghost Rider wins.

It is fortunate that my moniker brings along the tagline "I love to fight!" because I'm imagining some heat here (pun intended).

I can see Pete take this. Why? Because he has a pure soul. Penance and hell fire need evil, something that Spidey severely lacks and Ghost Rider with his abilities can recognise this. This leaves skill against skill and whilst the Rider is more powerful than the Web Head, it varies (from the capability to lift around 25 tonnes to Hulk style levels) possibly according to the level of evil he is facing. Spider-Man defeated Galactus' Herald Firelord (closest guy I can find to Blaze, power wise) and whilst he didn't do it easily, neither was it his toughest ever battle. As such, I think it is credible that Spider-Man can defeat the Spirit of Vengeance and I plump for another upset by the Wall Crawler.

As said, Ghost Rider's fire is going to be able to melt Spiderman's webs. That's really the only thing Spiderman has going for him. He may be able to use his agility for a little while, but Ghost Rider will catch up to him in the end.

Ghost Rider wins.

As said, Ghost Rider's fire is going to be able to melt Spiderman's webs. That's really the only thing Spiderman has going for him. He may be able to use his agility for a little while, but Ghost Rider will catch up to him in the end.

Ghost Rider wins.

The Human Torch, Firelord and Firebrand are just three characters who can burn off Pete's webs but have still been left defeated by him. Fire alone does not beat Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back