Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
ROUND THREE

Cy0xwuN.png

Last round, the Boy Who Lived and the king of Dreamland defeated the West's greatest gunslinger and the man with the power of Greyskull, while Wolverine and Chell used their tactical fighting style to take out Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the demon Ghost Rider. Only one team can move on to the next round - Who will it be?

FIGHT!

Here's the problem with Chell:

"ACCIO PORTAL GUN!"

That more or less eliminates her from mattering in this match. She's a one trick pony and not much help other than that. Wolverine loads up a snappy line ending in bub to take out DeeDee but gets portaled about a mile into the air. The fall should knock him out cold, leading a basically defenseless woman one on one against a fully trained wizard and King DeeDee.

This match plays incredibly well into the strengths of the team of Potter and Dedede. Let's first and foremost talk about Chell. Except for her portal gun as KB mentioned, she's absolutely useless. Might I add that Potter could simply apparate in and out of it and it becomes essentially useless. Also let's talk about Wolverine. How many ranged attacks does he have? Oh that's right...0. So in essence for him to kill Potter or Dedede he needs to be close. So in essence Team Harry Dedede totally eradicate the potential for ranged weapons against them. Chell becomes automatically prone to a stun spell defeating her whilst wolverine would have to go through the massive blob of Dedede before being able to touch Potter.

Potter wins this through a Dedede distraction and a stun spell.

You're severely underrating the usefulness of Chell in this battle. I've already done my analysi on how awful Dedede is, and how Harry Potter is good, but fragile. Now here's mine on Wolverine and Chell.

Like I said, Chell is grossly underrated here. Her portals pair off EXTREMELY well with the primarily close range fighter Wolverine. What's more, she can use it for travel to, easily avoiding Harry's spells if she takes care. She can use them to create momentum until she finally builds up enough force to slam Harry and kill him instantly, seeing as the parts in her legs make her immune to fall damage. Couple that with amazing reflexes, pinpoint precision and a genius mind, and she's a beast. And that's not even talking about her support role.

Her support to Wolverine can turn a close combat badass (ala Sabrewulf), into a teleporting nightmare, and Harry can only do so much to stop him teleporting around the map. Even with the broomstick, a well timed portal could easily allow Chell or Wolverine to incapacitate Potter whilst he's flying. Coupled with Wolverine's natural speed, he could evade Potter's charms with or without Chell. And the invisibility cloak is fairly useless because either Wolverine rushes him, or Chell traps him in a portal loop before he can don it.

Dedede is fucking useless, don't even try to argue he would do anything, other than last a couple of seconds.

Wolverine and Chell have great synergy unlike Potter/Dedede, and they'll use that to destroy Dedede, and Catch 22 Potter.

You're severely underrating the usefulness of Chell in this battle. I've already done my analysi on how awful Dedede is

Although using your logic of picking any game the people are in and using their abilities from that particular game Dedede is a lot better than he seems as witnessed in Super Smsh Bros Brawl. Of course, seeing as how I think that's a folly argument I would still think that Dedede is very far from awful. He's ineffective as an offense but a great defensive wall.

and how Harry Potter is good, but fragile. Now here's mine on Wolverine and Chell.

I think you're short changing Potter. Potter is quite actually pretty awesome, albeit I agree fragile but that's ok.

Like I said, Chell is grossly underrated here. Her portals pair off EXTREMELY well with the primarily close range fighter Wolverine. What's more, she can use it for travel to, easily avoiding Harry's spells if she takes care. She can use them to create momentum until she finally builds up enough force to slam Harry and kill him instantly, seeing as the parts in her legs make her immune to fall damage. Couple that with amazing reflexes, pinpoint precision and a genius mind, and she's a beast. And that's not even talking about her support role

Accio Portal Gun as KB said. Address the issue of her not having a portal gun this entire fight and I might concede to you. However considering Potter can eliminate that gun right from the get go and she shockingly can't do anything about it your plan remains a mute point.

Her support to Wolverine can turn a close combat badass (ala Sabrewulf), into a teleporting nightmare, and Harry can only do so much to stop him teleporting around the map.

So what you're admitting is that Wolverine needs to teleport in order to win and if he can't teleport it's over? Cause considering Potter will eliminate Chell's gun this scenario is impossible.

Even with the broomstick, a well timed portal could easily allow Chell or Wolverine to incapacitate Potter whilst he's flying. Coupled with Wolverine's natural speed, he could evade Potter's charms with or without Chell.

He might be able to evade one or two.. Harry Potter apparating everywhere shooting from various locations will eventually incapacitate Wolverine.

Dedede is fucking useless, don't even try to argue he would do anything, other than last a couple of seconds.

Wolverine and Chell have great synergy unlike Potter/Dedede, and they'll use that to destroy Dedede, and Catch 22 Potter.

Dedede is a wall. Coupled with the fact that Chell would have no gun I'd take Dedede over her in a heart beat. Leaving it 2 on 1 which of course Potter would win.

Although using your logic of picking any game the people are in and using their abilities from that particular game Dedede is a lot better than he seems as witnessed in Super Smsh Bros Brawl. Of course, seeing as how I think that's a folly argument I would still think that Dedede is very far from awful. He's ineffective as an offense but a great defensive wall.

Let me re-introduce you to Occam's razor.

I think you're short changing Potter. Potter is quite actually pretty awesome, albeit I agree fragile but that's ok.

Above average offence, shit defence, bad speed without broomstick, ok speed with broomstick, if people like Flash and Martian Manhunter are people to be compared to.

Accio Portal Gun as KB said. Address the issue of her not having a portal gun this entire fight and I might concede to you. However considering Potter can eliminate that gun right from the get go and she shockingly can't do anything about it your plan remains a mute point.

Plenty of points:

1: Again, the same thing you did with the Flash/Sora fight, you're assuming Harry knows what Chell can do. Unlike Flash, there is NO IDEA what somebody named Chell can do. Wolverine can be distinguished maybe as a savage guy, but Chell could be anyone. That's the beauty of names. Therefore, Harry wouldn't even know Chell had a portal gun before she used it, which means she can take out at least Dedede with it.

2. Chell can move quickly, like I said. She could easily get above or behind Potter and dodge the spell with ease.

3. Like I said, Wolverine's fast too, and he could easily stop Harry midspell with his claws. Dedede would be long gone.

So what you're admitting is that Wolverine needs to teleport in order to win and if he can't teleport it's over? Cause considering Potter will eliminate Chell's gun this scenario is impossible.

To an extent, yes. Wolverine's not useless without Chell, but Harry does have a nice range advantage over Wolverine. And I suppose a stun spell could catch him with a little bit of luck. Could go either way, but 1 on 1, I'd give it to Potter.

He might be able to evade one or two.. Harry Potter apparating everywhere shooting from various locations will eventually incapacitate Wolverine.

That's the beauty of portals, and Harry's spells can only be fired off so fast.

Dedede is a wall. Coupled with the fact that Chell would have no gun I'd take Dedede over her in a heart beat. Leaving it 2 on 1 which of course Potter would win.

No. One slice of the claws would end Dedede, and his offence would do jack to such offensive opponents.

Harry makes this a lot closer, but Wolverine and Chell take this. Harry can only carry his team so much.

Let me re-introduce you to Occam's razor.

I'm dropping this argument cause I mentioned it in the other thread.

Above average offence, shit defence, bad speed without broomstick, ok speed with broomstick, if people like Flash and Martian Manhunter are people to be compared to.

I'd say for this competition great offense, bad defense, average speed, great intelligence.

Plenty of points:

1: Again, the same thing you did with the Flash/Sora fight, you're assuming Harry knows what Chell can do. Unlike Flash, there is NO IDEA what somebody named Chell can do. Wolverine can be distinguished maybe as a savage guy, but Chell could be anyone. That's the beauty of names. Therefore, Harry wouldn't even know Chell had a portal gun before she used it, which means she can take out at least Dedede with it.

Just cause it's always good to remind people of the rules. Indeed if Harry and Dedede watched the previous rounds which they would have, they would know about her portal gun.

The matches have no pre-game warmup time
Imagine this tournament like a fighting game. As soon as the word "FIGHT!" is mentioned, the competitors can do whatever they want to each other. Beforehand, however, they only know their names and what they saw in the previous round. No arguing that Iron Man would have made a special suit of armor for killing his opponent.

Once again they know names and previous rounds so knowing of it would actually happen. Harry is rather smart.

2. Chell can move quickly, like I said. She could easily get above or behind Potter and dodge the spell with ease.
It's not a projectile ergo there's no dodging.

3. Like I said, Wolverine's fast too, and he could easily stop Harry midspell with his claws. Dedede would be long gone.

Dedede could stall Wolverine with sheer size. Plus Accio is faster than Wolverine so bad news for Wolverine there.

To an extent, yes. Wolverine's not useless without Chell, but Harry does have a nice range advantage over Wolverine. And I suppose a stun spell could catch him with a little bit of luck. Could go either way, but 1 on 1, I'd give it to Potter.
And after my above facts I think you'll come to realize that this is exactly how that fight would turn out. No portal gun makes this 1 vs 1.

No. One slice of the claws would end Dedede, and his offence would do jack to such offensive opponents.

Except take up time which you know is all Harry needs to win this fight.

Harry makes this a lot closer, but Wolverine and Chell take this. Harry can only carry his team so much.

The boy who lived is going to become the boy who won again. Harry has too much for the opponents.

Just cause it's always good to remind people of the rules. Indeed if Harry and Dedede watched the previous rounds which they would have, they would know about her portal gun.

They wouldn't have seen Chell and Wolverine's rounds, as I have said.

It's not a projectile ergo there's no dodging.

Spells need a direction though. That's why they have the wand.

Dedede could stall Wolverine with sheer size. Plus Accio is faster than Wolverine so bad news for Wolverine there.

No, Wolverine dodges Dedede, and slices his stomach open. That takes about, what, a second max for Wolverine?

And after my above facts I think you'll come to realize that this is exactly how that fight would turn out. No portal gun makes this 1 vs 1.

And while Potter is pre-occupied with Wolverine, Chell could snatch the Portal Gun back. I thought of that argument overnight.

Except take up time which you know is all Harry needs to win this fight.

Then Harry gets Catch 22'd by Chell's gravity stomp.

With this logic, Chell doesn't know what she's up against either, and would need to decide what she was going to do with her Portal gun in conjunction to what Harry's abilities are. Harry has a better idea of what Chell can do, considering he has a visual of a woman in basically a sports bra and some shorts, and a gun, while Chell has the visual of... a kid with a stick. Why do you think Harry is going to sit there staring at her trying to figure her out while Chell would act immediately?

With this logic, Chell doesn't know what she's up against either, and would need to decide what she was going to do with her Portal gun in conjunction to what Harry's abilities are. Harry has a better idea of what Chell can do, considering he has a visual of a woman in basically a sports bra and some shorts, and a gun, while Chell has the visual of... a kid with a stick. Why do you think Harry is going to sit there staring at her trying to figure her out while Chell would act immediately?

Chell would know to use her Portal Gun immediately as it's her only weapon. I'm not saying Harry would just stand there, he'd fire off spells, but Wolverine can take/dodge and Chell can use portals to her advantage.

Chell would know to use her Portal Gun immediately as it's her only weapon. I'm not saying Harry would just stand there, he'd fire off spells, but Wolverine can take/dodge and Chell can use portals to her advantage.

Harry isn't stupid. Given the nature of this tournament, if he saw a weapon, the first thing he would try to do is disarm. That's always what he's done throughout his life, and that won't change now. It's his signature spell. The very first thing he's going to do is disarm her, whether it be with accio, or even expelliarmus (which, despite popular belief, works against anything you're holding, not just wands).

All it takes is the weakest form of the charm, the one Chell probably won't even see happening, as he doesn't need to knock her back, he just needs to disarm her weapon.

Wolverine would be taking care of who appears to be a bigger threat in the much larger Dedede, as opposed to this skinny guy in a robe, while Harry takes a few seconds rendering her useless, before using ANY of the spells in his arsenal, all of which are advantageous against Wolverine, to deal with him.

Harry isn't stupid. Given the nature of this tournament, if he saw a weapon, the first thing he would try to do is disarm. That's always what he's done throughout his life, and that won't change now. It's his signature spell. The very first thing he's going to do is disarm her, whether it be with accio, or even expelliarmus (which, despite popular belief, works against anything you're holding, not just wands).

All it takes is the weakest form of the charm, the one Chell probably won't even see happening, as he doesn't need to knock her back, he just needs to disarm her weapon.

Wolverine would be taking care of who appears to be a bigger threat in the much larger Dedede, as opposed to this skinny guy in a robe, while Harry takes a few seconds rendering her useless, before using ANY of the spells in his arsenal, all of which are advantageous against Wolverine, to deal with him.

That's a fair point on the disarming that I didn't think of. But having said that, it's going to require some prediction from Harry to pull off, considering Chell's expert and swift use of the Portal gun will see her fly around the battleground. If Harry does get lucky and disarms Chell, by that time, Dedede would be dead, and he'd have to concentrate on Wolverine, leaving Chell to rearm herself again. He'll be Catch 22'd.

And I agree with you on Wolverine taking down Dedede first, as he appears to be a bigger threat than a boy with a robe. But Wolverine is still quick and resistant, being able to take a couple of spells and avoid some before going down in a 1 on 1 situation.

That's a fair point on the disarming that I didn't think of. But having said that, it's going to require some prediction from Harry to pull off, considering Chell's expert and swift use of the Portal gun will see her fly around the battleground. If Harry does get lucky and disarms Chell, by that time, Dedede would be dead, and he'd have to concentrate on Wolverine, leaving Chell to rearm herself again. He'll be Catch 22'd.

So what's keeping Harry from using the portal gun himself? He's not going to disarm her portal gun and just leave it in front of her. He could even disarm her and destroy it. He could do any number of things that would render her useless.

And I don't think Wolverine is going to take down Dedede in the first seconds of the fight. Dedede will lose the fight, and it'll be a squash, but it's not going to take seconds.

And I agree with you on Wolverine taking down Dedede first, as he appears to be a bigger threat than a boy with a robe. But Wolverine is still quick and resistant, being able to take a couple of spells and avoid some before going down in a 1 on 1 situation.

Again, Harry is smart. The first thing he's going to is shield himself. He's not going to shoot a "few" spells at Wolverine. He's going to stun him, petrify him, put him to sleep, tickle him into submission (lol), or do anything that would take him out in a single shot. Hell, he could just stick with even more powerful shield spells that would eliminate anyone getting too close to him, without even casting a single offensive spell. Wolverine can't do shit with these at Harry's disposal.

The reason I voted Wolverine and Chell over Harry Potter and Dedede is because the Magical Penguins lack the killer instinct that Wolverine alone has.

Harry Potter has plenty of magic in his arsenal, but we all know that he has some very tangible weaknesses that Wolverine could easily exploit. For one thing, Harry Potter is very frail compared to many of the combatants this year, and it would really only take one strike from Wolverine's claws to take Harry out of the tournament. Sure, Harry has some healing spells, but if Wolverine buries adamantium through Potter's flesh, Harry will have trouble fixing that wound. Even if he could use a healing spell, Harry would probably be getting stabbed in the face all the while.

Wolverine also takes away Harry's elusiveness. One of Harry's greatest assets is the ability to turn invisible using his Invisibility Cloak. Unfortunately for Mr. Potter, Wolverine will be able to use his heightened senses to track Harry down and fuck him up.

Chell gets to show off a little in this match. Harry's speed via flight on the Fireball. Harry may be a great seeker, but that won't matter if you can teleport hundreds of yards away through the portal. Chell also could use these portal abilities to dodge magic attacks from Harry.

King Dedede is out of his element once again. His giant mallet is no match for Wolverine's claws.

Can Harry's magical attacks hit Wolverine? It's hard to say. Wolverine has proved resistant to magic in the past, such as when he retained his memories after Scarlet Witch altered reality. Magic works so mysteriously, however, that it's very hard to say that it couldn't effect him at all. That said, I think that Wolverine would be able to use portal technology to get the drop on Harry and kill him as soon as the fight begins.

Wolverine and Chell.

People forget that Dedede sucks and blows as well. Wolverine charges, gets sucked in, gets hit with hammer.

Harry disarms Chell as has already been discussed. Stupify on Chell, stupify on Wolverine

Harry and Dedede win.

Wolverine and Chell.

Just about everything you discussed has been refuted in my previous arguments. Harry himself pretty much makes both of his opponents useless. Wolverine would have had a chance at getting to Harry, who at this point is sitting down behind his shield, throwing spells everywhere, if Chell hadn't been easily disarmed. If her portal gun were attached to her arm, she could have portal'd Wolverine into Harry's shield, but the first thing that happened was her being disarmed.

Sure, Harry is fragile, but try getting to him at all.

Harry cant hide so he would have to grow some balls here and go on the attack. Wolverine is a damn versed in battle strategy and isnt going to let a kid and a penguin get the drop on him.

All this takes is for Harry to lose focus for a second and its over. He can be easily distracted and will show concern for his big animal friend getting his ass beat.

Now Potter dies. Portal gun will help, but Wolverine is plenty quick enough to get the drop on Harry long enough to stick him. Any damage Harry takes from Logan and he is screwed.

One well timed portal at the start gives a huge advantage to Chell\Wolverine. Sure Harry may take it away, but before she gets off a shot? Not likely because he will be worried about a charging Logan. So one good portal gets Logan close to the boy and its game over because Dedede is a complete non factor.

Harry cant hide so he would have to grow some balls here and go on the attack. Wolverine is a damn versed in battle strategy and isnt going to let a kid and a penguin get the drop on him.

I don't know why people are coming in here and making arguments that have been repeatedly refuted throughout the thread, and making assumptions based on nothing.

nightmare - Why do you think Harry is easily distracted? What makes you think the defensive spells won't be placed on Dedede? You haven't made a single argument as to how Wolverine is even going to make it to Harry - to think he's just going to walk up and slice both Harry and Dedede without so much as a spell being thrown, you're naive.

(edit: quoted for visibility)

I don't know why people are coming in here and making arguments that have been repeatedly refuted throughout the thread, and making assumptions based on nothing.

Surely you arent going to start off irritated by people making assumptions in regard to the fictional winner of an internet forum superhero tournament. Which in itself is one giant assumption, now isnt it.

nightmare - Why do you think Harry is easily distracted?

Ummmm because he has shown to have a hard time getting the job done when he is concerned with safety of mates, etc over the task at hand. He is a child with no killer instinct, out of his element is a distraction. Just a few.

What makes you think the defensive spells won't be placed on Dedede?

Never said they wouldnt, but...

You are all asking Harry to do quite a lot of things right off the bat. Plus if he is concerned about having to protect his partner- that is a distraction, now isnt it. He loses focus off Logan for a second- Potter dies.

You haven't made a single argument as to how Wolverine is even going to make it to Harry - to think he's just going to walk up and slice both Harry and Dedede without so much as a spell being thrown, you're naive.

Im not going to waste time quoting myself, but if you read my post- I explained exactly just how.

Ummmm because he has shown to have a hard time getting the job done when he is concerned with safety of mates, etc over the task at hand. He is a child with no killer instinct, out of his element is a distraction. Just a few.

Are you just making shit up? You just described a character trait that's the literal opposite of his. Harry has been MORE proficient with his friends involved. He's stood toe-to-toe with Voldemort on four different occasions, eliminated the threat of a forest troll using magic he learned that very day with Ron and Hermione's lives in danger, took out a 100 year old murderous basilisk controlled by Voldemort with a sword while Ginny was laying there dying, won a Triwizard round with both his and someone else's friend, saved his friends, Malfoy, and HIS friends from this nonsense, and he produced a fully-fledged patronus with 100 dementors flying around him, something some adults can't even do without any dementors around in order to save Sirius' life.

And this is just off the top of my head.

You are all asking Harry to do quite a lot of things right off the bat. Plus if he is concerned about having to protect his partner- that is a distraction, now isnt it. He loses focus off Logan for a second- Potter dies.

Harry needs ONE single shield spell to buy himself some time. And what makes you think he's concerned about Dedede? Why is everyone assuming Harry and Dedede are best friends, and not just fellow competitors? Plus, Dedede can be a dick sometimes, and being a dick to Harry is something you don't want to do if you want the guy to truly care about you. Remember Malfoy's one comment about Ron in Sorcerer's Stone that spawned a lifetime of bitterness?

Im not going to waste time quoting myself, but if you read my post- I explained exactly just how.

You think Wolverine can reach Harry faster than Harry can flick his wand, and that's flat out wrong.

Portal. Harry's head gets cut off. Simple and quick. The fat one takes a few extra shots, but hey they got time.

But you say he will shield himself, disarm Chell, send some spells to protect Dedede and have time to attack Logan- before he can get to the boy? That he would also have time to think this grand plan up in a split second before he realizes " Im about to get stabbed in the throat" as Logan comes face to face with him.

I say you should get a new watch.

Portal. Harry's head gets cut off. Simple and quick. The fat one takes a few extra shots, but hey they got time.

Already argued this earlier in the thread. See that.

But you say he will shield himself, disarm Chell, send some spells to protect Dedede and have time to attack Logan- before he can get to the boy? That he would also have time to think this grand plan up in a split second before he realizes " Im about to get stabbed in the throat" as Logan comes face to face with him.

He doesn't need to take an extra step to protect Dedede (the entire forest scene in Deathly Hallows, shield spells can protect many people at once, and stronger ones can protect the entirety of Hogwarts). Just because you, for the sake of your own argument, can break up his plan into 14 useless steps doesn't mean this is going to take more than a few seconds to pull off. By the time Logan even makes it close enough, he won't even be able to see Harry. And I've already made my argument that all of this buys time anyway, not that he even needs it.

But okay, shield spells are overpowered. Let's go on pretending they don't exist.

First thing he does is petrify Wolverine. Wolverine doesn't have any kind of protective armor on, most of the time he's got on a tank-top, or often nothing at all. Petrificus Totalus hits him right in the chest. You think Wolverine is going to have anything to block that?

He's a guy with claws, a metal skeleton, and healing powers vs. a guy who has a fucking ENCYCLOPEDIA of magic at his disposal.

If we're talking Harry vs. Wolverine, and Dedede vs. Chell, both Harry and Dedede win.

Let me introduce to you how Harry will win:

harrypotterwikia.com in regards to his Invisibilty Cloak said:
It was the only known invisibility cloak that would not fade with age and would provide everlasting protection to the wearer, something no normal invisibility cloak could provide

Harry Potter has been known to use his Invisibility Cloak in almost every situation he's ever felt threatened in. That's all the defense he needs. And anyone who has ever read the books knows he casts spells even under the cloak. He's used stunning spells under it. That's all he needs to do.

I don't know why but if Harry used a knockout spell on both of them wouldn't that take care of them both??

I mean Wolverine is more or less indestructable. But that's sort of the thing that would get him knocked out by a spell.

Also Chell is just a chick with a portal gun. So she'd get taken down as well.

I really wanted to vote Wolverine and Chell, but in the end, Harry Potter has too many pages in his playbook. Wolverine charging? "Levicorpus!" Poof, no projectile, instant effect, Wolverine is hanging in the air by one foot and incapable of doing anything other than being a ragdoll.

The arguements for Chell over Harry are interesting until I see everyone saying "Catch 22" with their smug superiority. You're telling me Harry is going to let Chell cycle through a portal loop five times to gain terminal mass? Without stunning, disarming the portal, apparating, or even just body-locking her with one spell, Levicorpus or Petrificus Totallus? Add to that the fact that Harry can cast a variety of shield spells and support spells to aid King Dede and I see this going the way of the Chosen One.

Voting Harry and Dede.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back