• Batista/Vader

• Orton/Roberts

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Basic Guidelines:
  1. First Round matches are conducted under basic WWE singles match rules - the really inconsistent ones you see on television weekly.
  2. Polls will open after - approximately - twenty-four hours.
  3. Vote how you like, by whatever criteria you like.
  4. Strictly no alts.
  5. No regions, no arenas, no gimmicks (for now) - everything is based on merit.

b6y0jb.jpg

Match Eight
BATISTA & BIG VAN VADER
"Big, Bad & Batista"
vs.
RANDY ORTON & JAKE ROBERTS
"I Say Snake, You Say Viper - Let's Call The Whole Thing Off"

I came up with these two massively creative tag team names myself. And no, you can't use Orton and Robert's name as evidence that they'd turn on each other.

I doubt the randomness of these pairings with each new thread.

Jake Roberts, great character him. Randy Orton, only like Jake Roberts if you've never watched Jake Roberts. Anybody remember Taboo Tuesday 2005? Looks like Batista & Vader have put their differences aside to team up, take on and defeat one of the worst wrestlers in the business today and one of wrestling's biggest losers.

Vader and Batista are just too big and too strong. Orton could definitely hold his own but I'm not so sure about Jake. As great a performer as Jake Roberts was he never really had that much success. Almost every feud he was in he lost. Not to mention that Batista himself has basically owned Orton throughout their feuds.

Batista's good. I like Batista, yeah. Good matches with John Cena, eh? Shawn Michaels too, come to think of it. Probably the best member of evolution.

Big Van Vader, huh? Yeah, like him too. I've enjoyed watching a good three YouTube videos from him, at least. He's good in my book.

Jake Roberts, good heel. Not so good at winning from what I've seen.

Randy Orton, overrated heel. I like him still, ashamedly. He'd likely be the one carrying the team.

I think the first team are probably the one to vote for here.

While Batista and Vader seem like the easy choice, the whole thing with Roberts and Orton both having strong ties to reptiles is pretty hard to pass up. There's a ton of great tag team names you could come up with, and I'm sure the fact that they'll both be slithery and speaking the language of the snake througout the match will only help them.

Orton and Batista have had far too many matches together to count, but I'd say Batista has to have to slight edge overall. I have no doubt that Vader would be able to easily handle Roberts, and likely Orton as well.

Close call, but BBB is the choice here.

I see Batista and Vader winning. They are simply way too strong and way too powerful. Only way i can even closy see Randy Orton and Jake winning are if for some strange reason both Batista and Vader are deathly afraid of snakes and Jake comes out there with his Giant Boa/Anaconda and Randy mimicing Jake comes out with a viper... but i really dont see Batista and Vader being deathly afraid of snakes.

My vote is for the steroid muscle freak and the Fat guy.

Orton and Roberts are pretty much the same wrestler... their psychological presence is so great that it involves the use of snakes. Joberts with the fetish for carrying around one in a sack, and Orton for slithering around like one. Now, whilst their intimidation levels and story-telling issues would be through the roof... they're going against two people who just don't back down to nobody. Vader was a unit in his heydey and could man-handle Roberts. Orton could hold his own but the fact that Batista has come out of their feud with the upper hand, I doubt if the Snakes have any chance at all.

I'm taking BBB for the sheer fact that they haven't got a chance against these behemoths. Psychology doesn't work if the other team is fucking huge and their size along out-weighs whatever you can do to them.

So let's assume Orton and Batista shake out even. They have had some battles with Evolution and after that, both have been champions, and it doesn't seem that one has consistently gotten the best of the other.

Roberts vs Vader is a mis-match. It's a squash if ever there was one. Roberts made a career of losing payoff matches and doing most of his damage during interview segments and backstage attacks. Vader has a win over The Undertaker - the same man who decimated Jake at Wrestlemania 8. Vader has a winning record against Sting - the same man who beat Jake soundly in WCW while Vader was the champ.

Vader and Batista are a nearly unbeatable combo. You have two amazing power guys who are also multi-time World Champions. You also have Vader's agility and Batista's intensity. I don't see them losing any time soon, and they may be the only team who can challenge the Hart / Jericho combo.

Roberts vs Vader is a mis-match. It's a squash if ever there was one. Roberts made a career of losing payoff matches and doing most of his damage during interview segments and backstage attacks. Vader has a win over The Undertaker - the same man who decimated Jake at Wrestlemania 8. Vader has a winning record against Sting - the same man who beat Jake soundly in WCW while Vader was the champ.

Wow... I don't think you've ever said anything more false, IC. The one time these two did meet up, at the King of the Ring 1996, Jake Roberts was about to put Vader away about 5 minutes into the match with the DDT, but Vader grabbed the referee like a bitch and got himself DQed. And that was against the old, out-of-shape Jake Roberts, IC.

The fact of the matter is, the prime Jake Roberts and today's Randy Orton would EASILY get into their opponent's head and win the match before it even started, because not only do they have psychology down to a T, but they're both two tough, bad ass motherfuckers on top of that. Vader and Batista might be "big," but neither ever showed to have an ounce of intelligence whatsoever and both were always vulnerable to big moves like the DDT and RKO. Jake and Randy would find a way to pull this one out, no doubt about it.

Wow... I don't think you've ever said anything more false, IC. The one time these two did meet up, at the King of the Ring 1996, Jake Roberts was about to put Vader away about 5 minutes into the match with the DDT, but Vader grabbed the referee like a bitch and got himself DQed. And that was against the old, out-of-shape Jake Roberts, IC.

The fact of the matter is, the prime Jake Roberts and today's Randy Orton would EASILY get into their opponent's head and win the match before it even started, because not only do they have psychology down to a T, but they're both two tough, bad ass motherfuckers on top of that. Vader and Batista might be "big," but neither ever showed to have an ounce of intelligence whatsoever and both were always vulnerable to big moves like the DDT and RKO. Jake and Randy would find a way to pull this one out, no doubt about it.

Because getting into Batista's head has worked so well for Randy in the past? Did he get into his head at Armageddon 2008 when he lost? How about Judgment Day 2009 when Orton had to resort to slapping the referee? I can't forget about Extreme Rules when Batista had an injured arm and yet beat Randy in a cage match for the title.

Randy Orton is Batista's bitch plain and simple. Vader in his prime would take care of Roberts. 1996 Vader was nothing like early 1990's Vader and 1996 Roberts was no better than 1990's Roberts.

Tough match here. Roberts in his prime was a lot better then what people are perceiving him as, although Orton hasn't had any success as a tag-team wrestler. Batista has won with both Flair and Cena, and Vader was a beast in his prime. Ultimately, I see Orton as the weak link for his team. The power game of the beasts will dominate Orton, and Jake won't be able to save his team from losing.

Wow... I don't think you've ever said anything more false, IC.

I have so, dammit! I'll prove it. Gotta get working on a "The Worst of IC25 Thread..."

The one time these two did meet up, at the King of the Ring 1996, Jake Roberts was about to put Vader away about 5 minutes into the match with the DDT, but Vader grabbed the referee like a bitch and got himself DQed. And that was against the old, out-of-shape Jake Roberts, IC.

Please...1996? 1992-1994 Vader was almost unstoppable. It's well documented that WWF dropped the ball with Vader, but regardless. Roberts mid-90's run with WWF was for a cup of coffee at best, and Austin wasn't ready to go over somelike like Vader yet. You're pulling up that one match? I hope you're kidding.

You do realize the randomness and tournament style of this match doesn't really lend itself to giving guys like Orton and Roberts the chance to "get inside the head" of Vader and Batista. They will hit the ring and look across at two monsters who want to destroy them.

The idea that Vader being DQ'ed against Jake Roberts in 1996 gives the completely outmatched and outgunned Orton and Roberts team the win here is laughable...who are you and what have you done to my favorite poster?

Batista and Big Van Vader, what a powerful 1-2 combination. Two huge and very physical and imposing specimens to pair up on the same team. While Batista is not exactly a ring technician, he defines power wrestling and has always been very over with the fans. His last heel run was terrific in my opinion. Combine him with Vader and that's atough team to beat.

Granted, Orton is no slouch either, but he just cannot match up to the size and brutality of these two guys. Jake the Snake carries too much baggage, too much drama, much along the lines of Scott Hall, he just cannot complement Orton enough to be able to challenge the two big men.

WINNERS: DAVE BATISTA AND BIG VAN VADER

Reactions: gd
I'm taking power over the mind for this one. I think neither team will have a problem working together. However, Batista has made Orton his bitch more or less. I doubt Vader would have trouble with Roberts. I can see this being a six minute squash match really. A Batista Bomb to Roberts for the pinfall and win.

Please...1996? 1992-1994 Vader was almost unstoppable. It's well documented that WWF dropped the ball with Vader, but regardless. Roberts mid-90's run with WWF was for a cup of coffee at best, and Austin wasn't ready to go over somelike like Vader yet. You're pulling up that one match? I hope you're kidding.

Hey, it's the one time they've met in the ring. ;)

Anyways, I still think Roberts would be able to psych-out Vader with his whole snake deal. Throughout Roberts run, the people most scared of the snake were the biggest guys... Earthquake, Andre, etc. I don't think Vader would be any different. Fat guys are scared of snakes... it's a well known fact, man.

Add that in, plus a DDT or RKO ending within a glimpse of a second, I have to believe Roberts and Orton would have the edge here.

You do realize the randomness and tournament style of this match doesn't really lend itself to giving guys like Orton and Roberts the chance to "get inside the head" of Vader and Batista. They will hit the ring and look across at two monsters who want to destroy them.

Yeah, but Roberts is smart enough to come up with something brilliant in an instant. He can think off his feet, and knows how to go with the flow. I think the Orton character we're seeing develop today is becoming much of the same way.

The idea that Vader being DQ'ed against Jake Roberts in 1996 gives the completely outmatched and outgunned Orton and Roberts team the win here is laughable...who are you and what have you done to my favorite poster?

The point is though that Jake was about to beat Vader, and then Vader ran to the ref like a coward, instead of just overpowering out of the move; I guess he thought he couldn't do it, so he grabbed the ref instead. That says a lot to me.

And look... I know that was the 1996 Vader, but you have to keep in mind that was also the 1996 Jake Roberts. There's a huge difference between late eighties Jake Roberts and the 1996 version; so much so I would say an even bigger difference then you would say Vader had from his early nineties version to his WWF run. The mid-to-late eighties Jake Roberts was the master of mind games and a tough motherfucker. During Jake's face run in the WWF during the eighties... when did you ever see him loses straight up without someone cheating him? It never happened, not even against Andre the Giant. Why should I believe Vader could defeat him?

Batista always smashed Orton, and absolutely everyone used to smash Roberts, who may be wrestling's favourite loser, in both senses of the word. I think this would be over fast, to be honest, Orton's main weapon is his RKO from nowhere, but that's not as effective in a tag match, and there's little hope of Roberts taking out one of the opponents to give him the time and space to get the win.

the people most scared of the snake were the biggest guys... Earthquake, Andre, etc. I don't think Vader would be any different. Fat guys are scared of snakes... it's a well known fact, man.

Yeah, I think I read that under a Snapple cap once.

You do remember Earthquake killing one of Jake's snakes once, right? And Earthquake was shit. Vader would not only kill the snake, he would allow the snake to bite him just so he could suck the poison out himself before spitting it at Jake Roberts.

Add that in, plus a DDT or RKO ending within a glimpse of a second, I have to believe Roberts and Orton would have the edge here.

An RKO out of Evan Bourne's shooting-star press? Okay, sure. An RKO out of the Vader-sault? Orton's a pancake. He'll be even flatter than he was when he first got off of juice.

Yeah, but Roberts is smart enough to come up with something brilliant in an instant.

EMKQ1fSp.jpg

Cocaine in a can, baby!

He can think off his feet, and knows how to go with the flow. I think the Orton character we're seeing develop today is becoming much of the same way.

Yeah, I remember that time Jake was off his feet against the Undertaker and came up witht he brilliant idea of allowing Taker to tombstone him on the concrete floor and pin him. Taker never saw that coming.

Or when Roberts lost just about every match he wrestled in the feud with Ricky Steamboat. Or Randy Savage. Or Sting. None of those guys knew what hit them.

The point is though that Jake was about to beat Vader, and then Vader ran to the ref like a coward, instead of just overpowering out of the move; I guess he thought he couldn't do it, so he grabbed the ref instead. That says a lot to me.

It says more to me that Roberts was easily dispatched by Steve Austin in the finals because of the injuries he'd gotten from Vader in the semis. Besides, you couldn't have Austin / Vader in the finals and there is no conceivable way to have Jake go over Vader.

And look... I know that was the 1996 Vader, but you have to keep in mind that was also the 1996 Jake Roberts. There's a huge difference between late eighties Jake Roberts and the 1996 version; so much so I would say an even bigger difference then you would say Vader had from his early nineties version to his WWF run.

You're right.

The 1996 Roberts occassionally won matches. It seemed like the Jake Roberts in his prime NEVER won matches. Unless it was a blindfold match over Rick Martel. I think I'll wet my pants.

The mid-to-late eighties Jake Roberts was the master of mind games and a tough motherfucker.

He was a master of sneak attacks that he set up over the course of several weeks - hardly something that is at his disposal in a random tournament format - and he always lost the pay off matches anyway.

During Jake's face run in the WWF during the eighties... when did you ever see him loses straight up without someone cheating him?

It was the 80's dude. Faces rarely lost without being cheated by the heels.

It never happened, not even against Andre the Giant. Why should I believe Vader could defeat him?

Hmmm...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Roberts said:
Although the subsequent feud on the house show circuit saw Andre victorious after most of those matches, Roberts can claim a victory via disqualification over André after André attacked special guest referee Big John Studd at WrestleMania V.

I think that'll do it. Good talk though. Get thee back to the MMA section.

jakeroberts.jpg

I go for Batista and Vader they are just way too powerful to overcome. It is just a wall you can't get past.I'm voting for them, Snakes could get into a scuffle to.I believe they would win by pin fall.

If the Snake Sisters are gonna have any chance they need to focus on Batista, a slow wobble-bottom. Work on one of his limbs, with both Roberts and Orton doing their stellar dissection shit.

Also, the whole match could be going the monsters' way and then Randy hits an RKO during a Batista Bomb (ye, try imagining that!) and it's over.

I mean that's his whole deal isn't it?

Out of sheer audacity and the mere shock value...
Gonna give it to Slytherin.

You do remember Earthquake killing one of Jake's snakes once, right? And Earthquake was shit.

And Tenta might do a flippendo when he reads that.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back