Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round 2

van-helsing-vs-the-doctor.png

Last round, Van Helsing hunted and took down the demon golem Astaroth. The Doctor managed to outwit one of the world's top assassins in Vega. Will his smarts propel him to the top? Or Van Helsing claim another victory?

FIGHT!

Once again the Doctor is faced with a formidable adversary, and once again he will walk away triumphant. Van Helsing has nothing to defend himself against the Psychic Paper, which The Doctor would be able to use to give him sufficient authority to remove Van Helsing's weapons. The Doctor has many incarnations one of whom was a Martial Arts master, in hand to hand Van Helsing would struggle since his fighting ability would have no real counters for an Alien form of Aikido.

Once again the Doctor is faced with a formidable adversary, and once again he will walk away triumphant. Van Helsing has nothing to defend himself against the Psychic Paper, which The Doctor would be able to use to give him sufficient authority to remove Van Helsing's weapons. The Doctor has many incarnations one of whom was a Martial Arts master, in hand to hand Van Helsing would struggle since his fighting ability would have no real counters for an Alien form of Aikido.

1) Pretty sure you have to use the current Doctor, not one of the past versions or alternate takings on him.

2) Aikido is a defensive martial art, its practically useless as a form of offense. Unless you use Steven Segall movie magic.

3) You know that Gabriel van Helsing is actually the archangel Gabriel right. I doubt The Doctor could defeat God's right hand man. Also have a feeling the Physic Paper would be useless against an angel.

4) van Helsing was at one point infected with lycanthropy. Since we don't have a bio I can only assume he is still infected. How does Doc beat a werewolf?

Vote Van Helsing here

1) Pretty sure you have to use the current Doctor, not one of the past versions or alternate takings on him.
4) How does Doc beat a werewolf?

1) When the Doctor dies, he regenerates into a new man with a new face, but he retains the knowledge of his prior incarnations.. if that wasn't the case then he wouldn't know how to operate the TARDIS after a regeneration.. The prior incarnations of the Doctor included a master swordsman who defeated alien invasion singlehandedly with just a sword, and a ruthless master of explosives who didnt care about collateral damage until he fell for a blonde chick (which couldn't happen here.) If the Doctor has his TARDIS, which we must assume he does, since Ghost Rider would have his motorcycle, he has everything inside the TARDIS at his disposal once he materializes the impenitrable TARDIS around him... weapons, disguises, and rooms and rooms full of crap that might come in handy in a drawn-out deathmatch. The Doctor very much enjoys living, you see. He will do what he needs to do to survive.

4) The Doctor saved the Queen of England by defending her from a warewolf, slaying the beast. No problems there.

2) Aikido is a defensive martial art, its practically useless as a form of offense. Unless you use Steven Segall movie magic.

3) You know that Gabriel van Helsing is actually the archangel Gabriel right. I doubt The Doctor could defeat God's right hand man. Also have a feeling the Physic Paper would be useless against an angel.

4) van Helsing was at one point infected with lycanthropy. Since we don't have a bio I can only assume he is still infected. How does Doc beat a werewolf?

Vote Van Helsing here

If it WERE the archangel Gabriel version of Van Helsing, which without a bio we don't know. That would mean he'd be a favourite in the supers bracket, he should definitely be nowhere near the "human" side of the bracket.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure the doctor, could, if pushed disprove god anyway if he needed to and he could do so from an indestructible time-machine that can teleport him to anywhere in the universe at any time. Also his personality changes, not his abilities, he doesn't fight now because he doesn't WANT to fight, he is still a master swordsman, martial artist and veteran of a war that spanned millennia.

You can say he wouldn't have that because it's a different incarnation but that is irrelevant for anything other than appearance and personality. It's been proven time and again that he remembers EVERYTHING including what his previous personas looked like.

If it WERE the archangel Gabriel version of Van Helsing, which without a bio we don't know. That would mean he'd be a favourite in the supers bracket, he should definitely be nowhere near the "human" side of the bracket.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure the doctor, could, if pushed disprove god anyway if he needed to and he could do so from an indestructible time-machine that can teleport him to anywhere in the universe at any time. Also his personality changes, not his abilities, he doesn't fight now because he doesn't WANT to fight, he is still a master swordsman, martial artist and veteran of a war that spanned millennia.

You can say he wouldn't have that because it's a different incarnation but that is irrelevant for anything other than appearance and personality. It's been proven time and again that he remembers EVERYTHING including what his previous personas looked like.

The picture is Hugh Jackman, who played Gabriel van Helsing. I'm gonna go with that.

This isn't a debate on religious or philosophical ideals, is a fight to the death/incapacitation. Proving God doesn't exist wouldn't win him the fight. Plus have you ever dealt with true believers, you can't tell them shit.

Gabriel is God's personal assassin, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no one is better skilled in combat than he is.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if the psychic paper would even work. Van Helsing never discusses his employees, so how would The Doctor have any knowledge of who his employers were. Plus his orders typically come straight from The Vatican, I doubt he would view anyone's law saying he had to surrender his weapons as just. Plus I'm positive that they have a plan in place if his orders were to be canceled, a random messenger wouldn't deliver said message.

So van Helsing takes it and you would realize that if you would stop the jingoism.

The picture is Hugh Jackman, who played Gabriel van Helsing. I'm gonna go with that.

This isn't a debate on religious or philosophical ideals, is a fight to the death/incapacitation. Proving God doesn't exist wouldn't win him the fight. Plus have you ever dealt with true believers, you can't tell them shit.

Gabriel is God's personal assassin, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no one is better skilled in combat than he is.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if the psychic paper would even work. Van Helsing never discusses his employees, so how would The Doctor have any knowledge of who his employers were. Plus his orders typically come straight from The Vatican, I doubt he would view anyone's law saying he had to surrender his weapons as just. Plus I'm positive that they have a plan in place if his orders were to be canceled, a random messenger wouldn't deliver said message.

So van Helsing takes it and you would realize that if you would stop the jingoism.

Nothing jingoistic here. The Doctor could take this, as an aside since you've stated Van Helsing never talks about his employers is it ever explicitly stated that's is the arch-angel Gabriel in a way that is irrefutable? Or is this just someone's interpretation of the information presented on screen? Do the producers/director ever confirm this interpretation or are you grasping at straws because it's only way you can think of for Van Helsing to win?

Nothing jingoistic here. The Doctor could take this, as an aside since you've stated Van Helsing never talks about his employers is it ever explicitly stated that's is the arch-angel Gabriel in a way that is irrefutable? Or is this just someone's interpretation of the information presented on screen? Do the producers/director ever confirm this interpretation or are you grasping at straws because it's only way you can think of for Van Helsing to win?

Stop drinking the UK kool-aid a second bro. I assume you have seen the film right? The Knights of the Holy Order, who are stationed inside The Vatican, are the ones who dispatch van Helsing. He has amnesia(similar to that guy in Diablo 3 who crashed to Earth from Heaven. I'm no angel falling to Earth expert but amnesia seems a common theme) and has no prior knowledge of his being the arch angel Gabriel. Cut to about 90 minutes of mediocre monster killing later and it shows van Helsing looking into Heaven. He is also a super religious guy. I should have said he isn't allowed to discuss his employers, with the Vatican being all secretive and what not.

And do you honestly think I could have made that shit up? I can't even write a winning RP anymore.

Stop drinking the UK kool-aid a second bro. I assume you have seen the film right? The Knights of the Holy Order, who are stationed inside The Vatican, are the ones who dispatch van Helsing. He has amnesia(similar to that guy in Diablo 3 who crashed to Earth from Heaven. I'm no angel falling to Earth expert but amnesia seems a common theme) and has no prior knowledge of his being the arch angel Gabriel. Cut to about 90 minutes of mediocre monster killing later and it shows van Helsing looking into Heaven. He is also a super religious guy. I should have said he isn't allowed to discuss his employers, with the Vatican being all secretive and what not.

And do you honestly think I could have made that shit up? I can't even write a winning RP anymore.

So, the answer to my previous question is a no then.

So, the answer to my previous question is a no then.

I don't want to be your friend anymore.

The director, Stephen Sommers, never explicitly comes out and says "van Helsing is an angel"

It is heavily implied throughout the film, until his final battle with Dracula when Dracula reveals that Van Helsing is really The Archangel Gabriel, the Left Hand of God.

Look that part up on Wikipedia.

I tried to find a clip on Youtube but all I came across were fanfic style mashups of Dracula and van Helsing being lovers set to shitty 90s alt rock love songs.

I don't want to be your friend anymore.

The director, Stephen Sommers, never explicitly comes out and says "van Helsing is an angel"

It is heavily implied throughout the film, until his final battle with Dracula when Dracula reveals that Van Helsing is really The Archangel Gabriel, the Left Hand of God.

Look that part up on Wikipedia.

I tried to find a clip on Youtube but all I came across were fanfic style mashups of Dracula and van Helsing being lovers set to shitty 90s alt rock love songs.

I looked it up and your right, there is a very heavy implication that Van Helsing is the Arch-angel Gabriel. However surely an Angel should not be susceptible to lycanthropy and yet, Van Helsing is ONLY chasing Dracula for a cure.

I suspect that a more likely scenario is that Gabriel Van Helsing is an avatar of the Angel Gabriel or that within the fiction of his own movie he is not as powerful on earth as he would be in scripture.

If he WERE the Archangel Gabriel then surely the events of the movie would be trivial to him.

I don't doubt that he COULD be the Archangel Gabriel but if he possessed the power you claim him to have then he would surely have demonstrated it within the movie. He didn't therefore we must treat him as he IS in the movie, a normal mortal man against a time travelling war hero who trapped his own SPECIES into a single moment in time in order to save the universe.

Here are a few things the Doctor has lying around the TARDIS for days like this:

Preacher gun (Mk II)
A large energy gun, capable of causing a Dalek to explode. They were used in 2-part episode "The Stolen Earth/Journey's End".

Severed hand
The Doctor's severed right hand in a transparent case filled with a preservative liquid. The hand was severed by a Sycorax sword during their invasion of Earth ("The Christmas Invasion"). The Doctor regrew the hand due to the healing after-effects of his recent regeneration. In the 2-part episode "The Stolen Earth/"Journey's End", the Doctor is shot by a Dalek and is forced to regenerate, but the Doctor transfers the regeneration energy into the hand, allowing him to fully heal his wounds but still keep the same form.

Sonic lance
A handheld tool used by the Doctor in "Attack of the Cybermen". It was used as a detonator to explode an unstable material which resulted in the destruction of the Cyberman base on Telos.

Vortex manipulator
A more primitive form of time-travel technology, a vortex manipulator allows the user to travel through time by controllable (and apparently uncomfortable) "hops" through the Time Vortex. The technology is compact enough to be worn on one's person easily.

Not to mention The Doctor can see the whole of creation, everything that ever was or ever will be. This seemingly allows him to stagger his steps in order to avoid being shot by his many, many enemies. Plus, the current Doctor stuck a guy in a ship with the selfdestruct active and blew him to hell. Killing is only a problem for the Doctor when his usually female companion begs him to stop.. Which can't happen here since the Doctor doesn't need any help in this tournament.

VOTE: THE DOCTOR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_items

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo