Round 2, Day 8

Foley vs. The Tornado

• #3 Mick Foley

• #35 Kerry Von Erich

Results are only viewable after voting.
like whats been said before me it looks like the circumstances dont look good for the Modern Day Warrior, of this match were to be held in Texas under regular rules Id vote for Von Erich in a heartbeat, problem is everything about this match favors Mick Foley, Foleys ability to utilize the crowd to his advantage and to make the most out of any weapon he can will defenitely doom Von Erich and lead to a sure victory for Mick Foley

Yeah but Jake had far more memorable moments than Hall. Hall really is only remembered because of the Ladder matches and the n.W.o. I remember some of the decent matches he had in WWE. But a lot of people don't. And does anybody really remember his other fueds? I can only really remember the HBK, 1-2-3-Kid & Douglas ones. I'm sure if I thought a little harder I could, but they don't come to me easily.

Along with Jericho Martel also played a big part in making HBK the wrestler he was. Who did Nash have a positive effect on? You could say Sean Waltman, but maybe he also had a negative effect on him too.

Sammartino id s great wrestler, but like IC25 said the standard for being a great wrestler has grown higher is the past years. Booker's athletism is no match for Bruno, sure he can wrestle, but he would not be able to handle Booker's agility. In a match, I would see Booker T prevailing, in a somehwhat short of a match (i.e 15 minutes).

Kerry Von Erich can out wrestle Mick Foley, anytime, but this is ECW. In a harcore match Von Erich would not stand a chance against Mick Foley. If this was any other territory I would vote for Vin Erich, but it's not so I would have to go with Foley. The outcome of a match would favour Foley. He's probably win it after 10 minutes.

Mick Foley and it isn't even close. Here is a guy that makes the people he wrestles with so much better. Who hasn't benefited from a feud with the guy. He certainly isn't the stuntman that the routine worker Flair makes him out to be. Foley wins this, in a cake walk, in any ring.

I certainly don't mind that Umaga beat Haku, but I have a big problem with Lawler beating Mistico. So that being said, my choice is an obvious one. Umaga destroys Lawler in almsot every aspect of in ring ability. He is a very mobile and dangerous SHW. Lawler is okay, but he's a gimmick, nothing more, nothing less.

Sammartino was good, but with these older guys, it's so hard to guestimate how their version of good would translate to today's guys. Guys today are trained to be athletes almost from the day they can lift weights. I enjoy the fact that guys like Sammartino, Ventura, and Thesz made it out of round one, but it's so hard to take them in context with the time and give them a fair evaluation.

I appreciate the love for Venis, but there is no way in hell he beats a Scott Steiner in his prime, no way. Scott Steiner was Brock Lesnar before Brock Lesnar was in high school. If Scott Steiner were 15 years younger and in today's wrestling world breaking in, the guy would be a world champion, and probably for a damn logn time. He had the suplexing skills of the best, and he could go fast as well. Steienr is a freaking beast.

This was another case of where the region help me make the choice. I do feel like Umaga is better of a wrestler than Jerry. However you don't hold championships as much as Lawler and not have it. Lawler was one of the best at cheating to get a win. Umaga is suppose to be a monster but how many times has he picked up a chair or done anything hard core. I chose Lawler due to the surroundings. I have no problem if Umaga wins though.

RVD. He has such an advantage with the crowd and the ring it's ridculous. RVD has never stepped foot in a six sided ring, and he doesn't need to. You know how innovative taht guy is and how dangerous he is in a four sided ring, why wouldn't that translate into success in the six sided tight rope ring? Misawa was good, but he goes down.

Well while i'm not surprised that steiner is winning, i'm surprised its not closer. People just want to think about the val venis we see today. Scott Steiner used to be a great tag wrestler. But he was one of, if not, the most overrated singles wrestler in recent memories. Anyone remember the val venis from the late 90's early 00's. He would have buried steiner in a match. Val was a very very very good technician, who just never got the gimmick he needed to get way over the top. He ruled the Mid-Card scene for quite some time.

I guess all i'm trying to say is that Steiner shouldn't really be winning this. Val deserves a lot more love than what he is getting. Hopefully somebody agrees with me here.

neither are very good in hardcore matches, so it really wont come into play all that much.

Venis would take this easily in a decent 10 or so minute match.

I agree that Val was better than he was made out to be. However what hurts Steiner is everyone looks at the last five or so years. When this man was coming in yes he was know as a tag wrestler but he could go in singles to. He would suplex Val so much he wouldn't know where he was. I see this lasting about 12 minutes or so. No need for the Steiner recliner here. I hope I don't get a spam warning for this but I would love to see a suplex match between Steiner and Taz. I said this to give you a chance to understand how well Steiner was.

Clearly, I seem to be the only one aware that Jerry Lawler wrestled before he came to the WWE.

Because I must be the only one to remember the stone-cold classic battles Lawler had in the 80s with Terry Funk, Nick Bockwinkel, and Curt Hennig among others.

People tend to say King is overrated. If that is so, then Hogan should be losing to Gregory Helms any second now. Because Lawler was twice the wrestler Hogan was, and much better on the mic IMO.

Umaga is unproven. He hasn't accomplished anything in his career, except for holding the IC title, which is absolutely worthless these days and is tossed around like the drunk girl at a frat party.

I like Umaga, I do. He's good at his role. But he couldn't even lace the boots of a legend like Lawler.

Not to mention Lawler is one of the dirtiest players this game has ever seen aside from Ric Flair. He'd easily find a way to dispose of Umaga.

Sabin, in a six sided ring, in a town close to his own, agaisnt an over weight fat piece of crap that shouldn't have been a champion, let alone a mid card wrestler, yup, pretty open and shut in my estimation. JBL is god awful, just terrible. How people appreciate and praise this guy, and were excited for him to come back is beyond me.

Tiger Mask #1, hands down. The Rock was a good athlete, far from a good wrestler. He knew how to work a crowd and had tons of charisma to help him along the way, but he was average at best in the ring. Tiger Mask helped usher the age of smart, small guy wrestling, alogn with Davey Boy. There stuff today, twenty years later, is still enjoyable. If you've seen one Rock match, you've seen them all.

Wow, has the Bad Guy done anythign in his career outside of his ladder match to warrant any credibility? I think the guy is very average, at best. He was good on the mic, and had some decent matches, but I got that and more from Rick Martel. The Model was awesome, and as Jake said, without him, HBK wouldn't be half the worker he is today. Martel wins.

Tiger Mask was by far a better in ring wrestler but the Rock had more charisma and was a bigger draw and thats what matters in Pro wrestling.

Xfear, that may have been your best post since I've known you. Lawler is HARDLY over rated. He's under rated if anything due to his relatively anonymous wrestling history in the territory system. Lawler has wrestled some big men before, and he's a dirty player, so I wouldn't be shocked if Lawler comes out the winner.

My one concern is, Umaga doesn't seem to be able to be hurt by attacking his head. He's taken numerous, thunderous chair shots and not gone down. He's a classic hard headed savage SHW. Will Lawler's Pile Driver work on a man who's cranium is not made of human material?

Still, I say Lawler finds a way to cheat, win, and move on to the next round, but I love the respect Umaga is getting as a mobile, talented SHW.

Tiger Mask was by far a better in ring wrestler but the Rock had more charisma and was a bigger draw and thats what matters in Pro wrestling.

Not true. Wrestling in Japan in the 80's drew just as much if not more than in America. Add inflation and Tiger Mask was probably a bigger draw.

As for charisma you wouldn't know. I'm guessing you don't speak Japanese. It's the same with people saying Khali has no charisma. Not true, you just don't understand him.

I cannot believe this. People are giving Umaga way more credit than he deserves, like IC25 and Xfear stated, Lawler is an accomplished legend in the wrestling business, holding every kind of title you can think of and Umaga has only won the Intercontinental title which doesn't even mean much these days. Lawler in his prime can easily outsmart Umaga, especially in an Extreme rules match, he can expose the turnbuckle and later trick Umaga into running into it and then roll him up for a 3 count, no Piledriver needed. I am a fan of Umaga, but I don't think he has established himself enough to be knocking out a legend like Jerry Lawler.

Being old and having longevity doen't make you a legend. The only thing about Lawler that stands out is the fact he's had the same gimmick forever. For somebody who's been around as long as he has and who's as ''talented'' you would think he would have changed his gimmick at some point. He's fine, but he's nothing special.

Not true. Wrestling in Japan in the 80's drew just as much if not more than in America. Add inflation and Tiger Mask was probably a bigger draw.

As for charisma you wouldn't know. I'm guessing you don't speak Japanese. It's the same with people saying Khali has no charisma. Not true, you just don't understand him.

KHALI MAY PROBABLY BE A CONTENDER FOR THE WORST WRESTLER IN WWE...........BUT HE PLAYS THE ROLE OF A HEEL WELL...............ITS THE WWE WHICH DIDNT USE THAT FACT..

had they made him loose the wwe championship (which was totally UNDESERVED to begin with) to a RISING SUPERSTAR it would have given that wrestler an instant megapush but the creative wasted that opportunity on BATISTA who aint a good WRESTLER anyway

KHALI is helping WWE in one way atleast.......THATS MAKING PEOPLE IN INDIA WATCH WWE............and believe me its a HUGE number..

coming to the match in consideration.....
TIGER MASK is a better wrestler hands down.....
but the ROCK was also a very good athlete........with TONS of charisma and a CHAMIONS look to him.........not to mention his SUPERB mike skills his MILLIONS..........AND MILLIONS ....of fans

TIGER MASKs speed , technique and quickness impesses me, but not to the extent that ROCKs unparalleled charisma does.

WINNER- the rock in a close match

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back