Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Round 1, WWE:
Edge & Christian
vs.
The Holy Demon Army - Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue

No spam and no flaming.​

2007 winners take on a HOLY MOTHERFUCKING DEMON ARMY.

I have to go with E&C. They were the best tag team in the US for about 5 years, and had great matches with anybody. Even after their time as a tag team, they remained very good tag guys, so I don't see how they can lose.

Both teams take advantage of their inflated title reigns. But Edge and Christian's happened in this very ring. In this very ring, They have also won two match of the years as a tag team. If I were to really think about it, I think I would call Edge the greatest tag team wrestler of all time. They would beat their almost All Japan counterparts here.

Kawada has participated in some of the greatest matches in history, but at the same time... he's one of the most unprofessional, disrespectful pieces of shit in the history of professional wrestling as well. And while I have nothing against Akira Taue, and actually find him to be a good wrestler himself, I still will not vote for a team Toshiaki Kawada is on, especially when it's up against one of the greatest tag teams in WWE history in Edge & Christian.

Well this is very dissapointing, even though Toshiaki Kawada was as JMT put it,
one of the most unprofessional, disrespectful pieces of shit in the history of professional wrestling
and I agree with that, but I have still have a spot for him on my favorite Puro wrestlers of all time list, and so I actually gave thought on who I was going to vote here.That thought lasted for about two seconds before I realized E & C were going to walk out the winners of this one. Even though I love Akira Taue & Toshiaki Kawada ,to me at least they always have felt more like singles stars, rather then a tag team. I know they did have a rather long stint as the Holy Demon Army though, and I will not discredit that to play the old "Two singles stars together are less efficient in the ring as opossed to a real tag team card", but this is Edge and Christian, Vitamin E & C, one of the greatest tag teams in the history of WWE and possibly in the history of tag team wrestling. They were pretty much the top tier of all the tag teams in the Attitude-Post Attitude Area. Countless wins over The Dudley Boyz who have more title reigns then you can count on four hands, The Hardy Brothers,The APA, and the list goes on. Not to mention there ring work which had been match of the year, two years in a row by PWI believe. I love the Holy Fucking Demon Army of Japanese guys as much as the next guy, but do the right thing and Vote E & C.

edge and christian - these guys are tag legends, they have a ridiculous amount of tag titles (not all with each other either) in the wwe, where this match is taking place mind you, so this should be easy for them.

What a bad fuckin' draw for the Demon Army. Very good team that most people on here have probably never seen wrestle in their life. Unfortunately they're facing what may very well be the best tag of this decade in Edge & Christian. There's literally nothing that team couldn't do. To say they dominated the tag team scene would be an understatement. That team truly was two future legends in this business in the making.

Sorry Harthan, but I can't vote for the Demon Army here. Edge & Christian are one of the greatest tag teams ever.

Edge and Christian beat just about everyone going in their time, including The Rock and Undertaker. They are in their element in this WWE arena, and I expect that they will go far in this tournament. On the other hand, the Holy Demon Army, despite having a cool name have had success only in Japan. Just ask Funaki how far Japanese wrestlers go in the WWE. In TNA, there's an argument, in WWE, there isn't. Edge and Christian win.

This is Edge and Christian in a walk. They're just better, plain and simple. Their wrestling skills didn't matter that much. They were going to hang in there and do just enough to steal a win over anyone they want to. Also, this is in WWE, Edge and Christian's home. There's just no way they're losing here, period.

This bout has to go with Edge & Christian due to the fact they honed themselves in the WWE ring, have a hell of a lot more experience & know how to work with each other/against their opponents more so than the Holy Demon Army. Don't get me wrong, HDA are a great team in their own right in Japanese Wrestling but they just simply cannot match what Edge & Christian brought to the table simply because their years together makes them better as a tag than HDA.

E/C will definetly get the victory, even though I'd personally like HDA to go through.

Edge and Christian FTW here, easy. They are one of the greatest tag teams in WWE history and have had 2 of the most epic tag match's ever with the 2 WM ladder/TLC match's. The fact that this is also in a WWE ring gives an advantage to the Canadians. I just can't see them losing this, no way no how.

E&C FTMFW.

Edge and Christian are one of the most celebrated and decorated teams in the history or professional wrestling. Often, when you think of them, you think of the out of ring work, however, I don't think there have been many tag teams with the technical ability of Edge and Christian.

The Japanese team is very skilled in the ring, however, I do not think they are more skilled that the Canadians. Edge's opportunism would still be in it's infancy, but as a tag team wrestler, when he saw an opening, he took advantage. Edge and Christian here, in an exciting match.

Want to talk about overrated? Edge and Christian's where it's at. This team specializes in matches involving some sort of weapon, but when it comes to legit wrestling, a reasonable tag team could beat them. Yea, I said it. Also, the Holy Demon Army were a great tag team and could roll with anyone in the world if needed.

Of course it's a moot point. E&C are the IWC's wet dream, so I'll just say I voted for the HDM and don't feel one bit bad about that.

I see that Toshiaki Kawada and Akira Taue are not a couple of pushovers, but I can’t vote for a team I’ve never seen. Plus E & C is Edge and Christian, MFN Edge and MFN Christian. They worked for “New York” and if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back