• Wolverine

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round One

quailmanvwolverine.png

The scrappy Canadian mutant Wolverine takes on the lighthearted but powerful alien from the planet Bob. Will the clawed hero in blue and yellow spandex win, or the preteen with a belt on his head?

FIGHT!

I have made this argument already for someone else but I'll do it again Wolverine can get his asses kicked but in the end recover. I don't think Quailman can incapacitate him which leads me to believe Wolverine would have no problem using his claws to get him a win. Wolverine's regenerating ability is what gives him the edge in the fight and because he doesn't get tired, I think he could take the beating until Quailman got tired and win thid. Wolverine all the way.

Poor Poor Quailman. I mean Logan is without his claws a strong man very fit and muscular. Add that with his viscous claws then its pretty obvious who wins. Wolverine will rip Quail to shreds him and that lil mutt. Not to mention he recovers. The heal factor pretty much gives him insurance to anything Quail could even pull out so this round goes to the X-Men's favorite Canadian!!!

Before you vote based on name alone, think things through. If "Quailman" in this matchup was replaced with "Superman", would you still be voting for Wolverine?

The thing is, Quailman has all the powers of Superman, without the invulnerability. He can fly, he has heat vision, heck he can even change reality and put a whole new day at the end of the week. It was called "Funday"! Wolverine may have regenerating powers, but he's not invulnerable. Regeneration does take time, and this isn't a fight to the death - It's a fight to death OR incapacitation.

Quailman could easily use flight to dodge Wolverine's attacks and wear him down his any of his other powers. Quailman may seem to be a joke character, but there's a reason we chose him to be in the tourney. He could definitely take Wolverine out.

Before you vote based on name alone, think things through. If "Quailman" in this matchup was replaced with "Superman", would you still be voting for Wolverine?

The thing is, Quailman has all the powers of Superman, without the invulnerability. He can fly, he has heat vision, heck he can even change reality and put a whole new day at the end of the week. It was called "Funday"! Wolverine may have regenerating powers, but he's not invulnerable. Regeneration does take time, and this isn't a fight to the death - It's a fight to death OR incapacitation.

Quailman is Superman minus the Achilles Heel? Huh, that's interesting, because Superman has super strength, but Quailman was unable to escape when he was tied down to a spinning wheel by an evil game show host. If he was pretty much Superman, wouldn't he be able to rip the constraints off of the wheel?

The truth is, while Quailman has pretty extensive powers, there are a few key things that are gonna prevent him from beating a guy like Wolverine.

Quailman could easily use flight to dodge Wolverine's attacks and wear him down his any of his other powers. Quailman may seem to be a joke character, but there's a reason we chose him to be in the tourney. He could definitely take Wolverine out.

So Quailman flies up in the air. Then what? Is he going to use his super breath to blow Logan away? Good luck with that, Wolverine is 300 pounds of unbridled strength and adamantium bones. Even if Quailman has the power to move 300 pounds with his breath, Logan could easily sink his claws into something that won't blow away from Quailman's breath... like the ground.

Heat vision isn't going to do the trick either. It'll take a lot more than some microwave vision to do any damage to Wolverine that will slow him down. Wolverine has walked through blazing fires and dealt with lasers that are just as, if not more powerful that Quailman's heat vision. From the mouth of Logan himself, "My healing factor can take care of it, but it still hurts like a @#$%&!" If he's really getting hammered by Quailman's heat vision, he can just run for cover. If Wolverine runs into a crowded train station, Quailman isn't going to light the whole thing on fire just to win the fight. He's a very moral superhero, one that is not going to risk putting others in harm's way just to defeat an opponent.

So we've already determined Quailman doesn't have anything in his arsenal to defeat Wolverine... but how does Wolverine beat Quailman. Well, Quailman could avoid impending doom by flying around, avoiding Wolvie's claws, but that would just be delaying the inevitable. Quailman could run from the battle, but he could hide. I think we can all agree that retreating to Planet Bob would be waving a white flag, so that's out of the question. He's going to have to come down and face Wolverine eventually, and when he does, you're going to get a filet of quail meat. Wolverine is an immensely talented hand to hand combatant, and his abilities are only enhanced by his adamantium skeleton and claws. I'd give Quailman about half a second before his lights are punched out, or worse, he's cut open.

Here's how I see the battle going...

Wolverine charges at Quailman, but Quailman knows that he's no match for Logan in hand to hand combat and takes to the air. He tries his tricks, super breath, heat vision, but whatever he does, Wolverine will have an answer for. Wolverine would probably yell at him, calling him a coward or something, and Quailman would shoot up into outer space. Now he isn't retreating back to Bob... but instead he's decided to turn himself into a human meteor, and he starts flying towards earth at top speed. As he gets closer he gets faster, and as he gets faster he gets more powerful. Eventually he sees Wolverine and goes barreling into him... but when the dust settles it's revealed that Wolverine made Quail Kabobs with his Adamantium Claws as skewers. Wolverine may have some pretty gnarly injuries, but those will be fine by the time he gets to the bar for a victory brew.

Wolverine wins. Handily.

Is Quailman not just a figment of Doug's imagination? Logan versus a 12 year old boy who imagines he has powers:lmao:. Even if we accept the character as real, it's still an idealistic young boy behind the mask - no match for a dirty fighting former assassin with no qualms about slicing his head off. I hope it is a figment, Doug'll escape with a sore bonce (once Shorty knocks him out) but at least it'll still be on his shoulders.

Jglass said it, Quailman doesn't have super strenght, therefore basically anything that he do it won't affect Wolverine.

If Marvel comics have shown something over the years is that if your name isn't Magneto, then there's basically no way to kill Wolverine. The man has been literally broken in half, has survived an explosion that left him nothing more than bones. His healing factor is really fast. Unless Quailman cuts Wolverine's head off, Logan has this one.

FYI: if instead of Quailman we had Superman, I would still vote Wolverine.

You guys all assume Wolverine would be ok dicing up Quailman. You forget that the guy has a heart. He has formed soft spots for innocent little idealists like Quailman before. You all just figured he'd slice him up without a thought and it shows how little you understand either character. Quailman has more of a shot here than you think.

DirtyJosé;3385931 said:
You guys all assume Wolverine would be ok dicing up Quailman. You forget that the guy has a heart. He has formed soft spots for innocent little idealists like Quailman before. You all just figured he'd slice him up without a thought and it shows how little you understand either character. Quailman has more of a shot here than you think.

Yes he has, and he probably would try to leave him breathing but this isn't tiddly winks. As Spidey found out in Germany, when it comes down to it Logan WILL kill you when the chips are on the line. He ain't going to stand back and let QM fry him because 'he's just a kid'.

But Quailman also possess reality warping powers. What's to say he couldn't take back time to Wolverine's childhood, and help him save his father and mother, show him how happy he was just playing. Cassandra Nova has in the past played upon the scared child-like psyche locked within Logan's mind, so according to your guys' logic it's a weakness that exists and can be preyed upon. Quailman would totally be down for it too, helping to resolve Logan's long standing issues.

After that, "Wolverine" as we know him disappears from this "reality", leaving Quailman the victor.

Hahaha I love Quailman but if we're looking at a serious battle it is very obvious that Wolverine has tons of ways to win this while Quailman doesn't have much on him. Wolverine takes this one by slicing Quailman in half. Wolverine wins!

DirtyJosé;3385971 said:
But Quailman also possess reality warping powers. What's to say he couldn't take back time to Wolverine's childhood, and help him save his father and mother, show him how happy he was just playing. Cassandra Nova has in the past played upon the scared child-like psyche locked within Logan's mind, so according to your guys' logic it's a weakness that exists and can be preyed upon. Quailman would totally be down for it too, helping to resolve Logan's long standing issues.

After that, "Wolverine" as we know him disappears from this "reality", leaving Quailman the victor.

Reality warping powers? BOO!

Seriously though, those aren't going to help him against Wolverine, a man who didn't even remember his own past until just a few years ago, and whose past isn't publicly known. With literally no idea regarding Logan's past, what's Quailman gonna do?

And regarding your earlier post about Logan being too nice to kill Quailman... that's a fair point, but the second Quailman starts to attack Logan is the second he signed the waiver to his own death. Logan wouldn't mercilessly kill Quailman if he had the choice, but if Quailman starts attacking Wolverine, he's going to do whatever he has to to survive, even if that means killing Quailman.

Seriously though, those aren't going to help him against Wolverine, a man who didn't even remember his own past until just a few years ago, and whose past isn't publicly known. With literally no idea regarding Logan's past, what's Quailman gonna do?

I'm willing to go out on a limb here and guess that Quailman is a comic book fan...

And regarding your earlier post about Logan being too nice to kill Quailman... that's a fair point, but the second Quailman starts to attack Logan is the second he signed the waiver to his own death. Logan wouldn't mercilessly kill Quailman if he had the choice, but if Quailman starts attacking Wolverine, he's going to do whatever he has to to survive, even if that means killing Quailman.

But that's the point. Quailman doesn't go in for attacks like that. He walks a different path. He'd find the non-violent way of winning this.

DirtyJosé;3386113 said:
I'm willing to go out on a limb here and guess that Quailman is a comic book fan...

In the Marvel Universe there is no X-Men comic book. I doubt the universe Doug comes from has X-Men comics either. They don't even have The Beatles.

But that's the point. Quailman doesn't go in for attacks like that. He walks a different path. He'd find the non-violent way of winning this.

And by the time he'd figure something out, he'd have gotten his ass kicked by Logan. Twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back