Rear Naked Bloke
Round 1, ECW:
Harlem Heat - Booker T & Stevie Ray
vs.
The Rock 'n' Roll Express - Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson

No spam and no flaming.​

All ECW matches are conducted under Extreme Rules

Jesus titty fucking Christ, right?

Damn... two evenly match teams going against each other in an extreme rules match? This is a hard choice to pick, but I will choose Booker T & Stevie Ray for this one as their wrestling styles seem to favour more of the extreme side of wrestling. Morton/Gibson can give them a run for their money but this a pure fight in the ECW Territory, so T/Ray have the advantage here. If this was any other territory, Morton/Gibson would get my vote as it would be a pure wrestling match which they excelled.

Harlem Heat are badass, and this should be a prettyy easy transition for them. The Rock 'N' Roll Express are over-matched here, and it really isn't fair. They don't have the size or strength to match up here, and aren't that much faster than Booker or Stevie Ray. They may make it interesting, but they still won't win.

Just like the Midnight Express, the Rock n Roll Express are a very underrated tag team that got a horrible draw here. The Rock n Roll Express were the Rockers before the Rockers existed and they did a better job then HBK and Jannetty. However, they are just over powered here. Harlem Heat is capable of winning this whole tournament, and when you factor in the extreme rules it makes it even more of a lock for Harlem Heat.

Shit, this is round one? Rock n Rollers were a revolutionary team in the world of tag team wrestlers, and it is hard to pick another duo that has had so much influence. However, they are against one of my favourite tag teams of all time in Harlem Heat. I am not sure why I loved them so much, maybe I saw them as the WCW's Hart Foundation, but I just ate them up. And they had great success as a team. Booker T was the speedster, and became a World Champion... well over five times. Stevie was kind of a draw up later in life, just joining the NWO, but just as Niedhart was to Bret, they went in different directions.

What a bad draw for the r n r e. To me they are one of the most underrated team in these type of touranments. The heat are the darlings, go figure. I think the rock have the speed to take Stevie down and use what ever they had to to beat them with. After all they had to deal with the Horsemen and you know their dirty ways had to wear off. Ricky can go pound to pound with 80% of any wrester, and Robert Gibson could hold his own. I go with The rock and roll express. Please help out here fans.

Man I was really hoping the RnR Express would have a decent tournament, but I just can't see them getting out of this match victorious. Maybe I'd give them the advantage in a different arena. Harlem Heat holds the power edge and I think they make the move to extreme better than the RnR Express would. RnR would hang in there, but Book and Stevie put an end to a very good tag team.

2 very great Teams here that are pretty equal when it comes to tag team wrestling. What it all comes down to is who would adapt more quickly & better to a hardcore environment and that is Harlem Heat. Rock-N-Roll express did get a bad draw here

Booker & Stevie Ray pick up the win.

Both teams are equal in chemistry and teamwork, but the HH has the size and power to go with their teamwork and tag team skill. Sorry R&R Express, but it's time that you felt the heat.

The heat is on... vote for Harlem Heat.

It absolutely pains me to have to vote against the Rock 'n' Roll Express here, but unfortunately I have no choice. Harlem Heat were simply one of the best tag teams of the 90s, that perfect combination of power and speed. I just don't think RNR could match the power of Heat here.

This is just horrible for the RNRE, because they're probably the better team, but in this enviroment against these guys, it's just not going to happen. The RNRE worked on the idea of the hot tag. Morton would just get annihilated for the majority of the match before Robert came in and beat everyone up to set for the double dropkick. Here though, it's just too much size, power and skill. HH is hardly a bad team in their own right, and they take this, which saddens me greatly.

I think that the Rock n Roll Express have probably contributed more to the general area of wrestling than Harlem Heat, but they are outmatched here. Harlem Heat were the perfect foil for each other, and they were the platform that launched Booker T on to where he has gone. The Express gave us the Rockers, who gave us a lot more afterwards stylistically, but style doesn't win you matches, and I'm going with the substance of Harlem Heat here.

This is the second bad draw in a row for a beloved tag team of mine. The Rock N Roll Express were known as a tag team that could take a beating, get the hot tag and clean house. But it's different with chairs, frying pans, and other things that Harlem Heat would use to debilitate Ricky and Robert. I voted for R n R here, but it's a moot point. Harlem Heat will move on, and not because they're a smark favorite, but because they're damn tough.

Pretty much agree with what Lariat said. I'm a big fan of the RNRE, their work with the Rockers was fantastic. A truly great 80s tag team. They are the definition of tag team wreslting.

However, they will have a tough time against Harlem Heat, especially in the hardcore enviornment. Booker T is one crazy mothafucker, he is deadly in this enviornment.

I will give another reason for voting for the the RNRE, they were one of the smarter tag teams of all time, the same cannot be said for Harlem Heat. I wouldn't be surprised if RNRE were getting beat on the entire match, but were able to capitilze on a mistake and pull off a surprise victory.

This one is tough and if there was a rematch, I may change my mind next time around, but I’m going with Harlem Heat this year. Booker T. and Stevie Ray are just too strong for the Rick and Rob Express. Maybe next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back