• He-Man

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round One

achilles-vs-he-man.png

The legend of Achilles is one that has remained popular to this day, but is it more iconic than He-Man's battle cry? Can Achilles add He-Man to his list of great victories, or does He-Man have the power to defeat the Greek legend?

Fight!

Achilles was a great warrior and a great leader of men. However he did some of his best work in large scale battles.

He-Man does his best work in one on one battles more often than not. Even if we ignore the "Achilles heel" He-Man is too powerful in a one on one fight.

Achilles is a much more powerful foe than Skelator and Beast-Man but the power of Grayskull takes Prince Adam to the next round.

Large scale battles not withstanding, Achilles was downright deadly one on one. Lets look at this very toned down version of Achilles most of you are familliar with:

[youtube]oyuefjAuqOw[/youtube]

Did you see that? Good. Now pay attention.

That man has roughly the size and weight of He-Man. Plus when has he ever faced someone who can actually fight? Most of the time he faced bumbling henchman and a scaredy cat Skeletor. He has never faced someone with the skill and speed of Achilles. All the furry shorts in Eternia wont win him this one.

That is exactly how it would go down. Match starts, Achilles runs toward him- He-Man pulls back to swing his sword- and its over. Achilles moves on to the next round with one swift strike.

He-Man is a less pale & less irish Sheamus.

Achilles is an ALOT more known, less scotish, spartan version of Drew McIntyre.

Results:
While Achilles has a tough streak & isn't some lazy cartoon villian that would just lay down & die. The power of grayskull, along with his battle tiger & sword would give He-Man that extra edge he would need to overcome Achilles & walk away the victor.

He-Man does his best work in one on one battles more often than not. Even if we ignore the "Achilles heel" He-Man is too powerful in a one on one fight.

...Ignoring the Achilles heel is fucking stupid. His heel is the only place on his body he can suffer a mortal wound in. Adam wouldn't know that and would fall victim to Achilles martial might the same way Hector did.

Don't be a dumbass, vote for Achilles.

if you don't know about the achilles heel how do you beat him? I don't see any way for He-man to win this. Achilles has no weakness UNLESS you get lucky and hit him in the ONE spot he can be hurt. Assuming He-man doesn't know this, it's over before it starts.

Apparently the fond childhood memories of Castle Greyskull are trying to push out the great Achilles from peoples minds. This shouldnt be this close folks.

Go do some research on Achilles. He well deserves more votes. He-Man could barely save Eternia from danger half the time. Achilles led armies to conquer the land and defeated many great foes along the way. He is smarter and a much better warrior than his opponent. He-Man doesnt stand a good chance here.

Achilles deserves a ton more votes, think about it, the guy can only be harmed through his ankle, even then he only got killed because Paris poisoned him through the ankle with an arrow that had a poisoned tip. Now, I haven't bothered to watch He-Man lately but from what I can remember He-Man didn't have any poisoned weapons on him, which pretty much means he won't even be able to do much damage at all before Achilles skewered him and dragged his body through the dirt with his chariot.

Achilles wins

Again, I am second-guessing my original votes after seeing these arguments.
Achilles is a very powerful warrior and could probably easily fall He-Man, as he did Boagrius. But there's that heel of his, but who can say He-Man would know, or have a chance to attack the heel in time? I originally went with He-Man, but now, I'm not so sure.

The amount of people Achilles defeated on his own is large. He defeated Hector, Memnon and more. He-Man has the power of Grayskull yes, but Achilles had beaten people just as strong with relative ease. Look at it this way the person to kill Achilles had to shoot him from afar, because they sure as hell weren't going to beat him in a one on one fight.

Again, I am second-guessing my original votes after seeing these arguments.
Achilles is a very powerful warrior and could probably easily fall He-Man, as he did Boagrius. But there's that heel of his, but who can say He-Man would know, or have a chance to attack the heel in time? I originally went with He-Man, but now, I'm not so sure.

...How would He Man know about the heel? He's done no research and is from an entirely different universe.

Achilles wins, just like he always does.

The amount of people Achilles defeated on his own is large. He defeated Hector, Memnon and more. He-Man has the power of Grayskull yes, but Achilles had beaten people just as strong with relative ease. Look at it this way the person to kill Achilles had to shoot him from afar, because they sure as hell weren't going to beat him in a one on one fight.

Actually, Paris shot him from afar... with a poisoned arrow... guided by a fucking god.

That's right bitches, it took divine intervention to put Achilles down and Castle Greyskull isn't a got that's going to divinely guide the sword to the one place it can do damage.

Achilles wins.

By the time He-Man manages to figure out how to hurt Achilles, he's already dead.

I like He-man and I wanted him to do well, but against Achilles he's a dead man walking.

It should be noted He-Man doesn't have to kill Achilles, he just has to incapacitate him, & I beleive he is capable of doing so. He-Man strength is nearly unlimited, there have been instances of He-Man being able to lift Castle Greyskull & throwing it through a dimensional doorway, & he's also shown his strength by lifting glaciers & mountains & hurling them at desired targets, he's also the only man in the universe who's ever been able to break Photanium, which according the show is the strongest metal in the universe. In a comic he once even held his own against Superman. He-Man also has a genius level intellect, which he often relies on to out-smart his enimies in hopes of defeating them by non-violent means. He-Man would likely try & keep as much distant between himself & Achilles, then find a glacier, mountain, or building & just throw it on top of Achilles, which would at the very least incapacitate Greek warrior.

He-Man can pick up a mountain and drop it on Achilies' head. He is probably the strongest guy in this whole tournament. He has super speed, super breathe all that stuff. As skilled a warrior is the Greek demi god he is no where near the power level of the Most Powerful Man in the Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back