Round 1; (52) Knights of the old republic v (77) Age of empires 2

?

• KOTOR

• AOE2

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
images

v
images

Ooooh damn. If this were Age of Mythology, I'd have to betray KOTOR. It'd kill me, but I'd have to.

But luckily enough for me, it isn't. It's Age of Empires 2. Good little Real-Time Strategy, but KOTOR kicks it's ass. KOTOR stepped up and made Xbox worth it to people who didn't like Halo but liked RPGs. The story, the gameplay, everything. And who doesn't like fucking people up with Force Lightning or Force Choke? I mean really.

KOTOR was awesome and gets my vote.

The way everything you do in game affects what side of the force you end up in is awesome. That along with the way you can customize your different Force spells and abilities makes this game fun for a bunch of playings. One time you can be a good Jedi and learn good force spells. The next time you can be a dark Jedi and learn dark force spells. A third time even you can be a mixture of both and learn both light & dark force spells.

KOTOR all the way.

Gotta go with KOTOR here, but like Razorback this is a tough choice for me. I love me a good RTS game, and Age of Empires 2 is just that. Not the best in the series IMO, but very good and more then worthy of your time playing it.

But as a Star Wars fanboy (really, who isn't?) KOTOR was everything that you had always wanted out of a Star Wars game (well that and Battlefront). For years the fans had been dying for a Star Wars RPG, and they finally delivered one that not only met everyone's expectations, but blew them away. Epic game that deserves to win this one.

KoTOR for me too. A ge of Empires is a good game and for a while I had no idea who I was going to vote for. Hoever, KoTOR is just too good for it. Age of Empires is probably the best series of RTS games out there but KoTOR was just too good for me to vote against. It is a game that I played for hours and hours at a time and never got bored with. I fully expect KoTOR to be too strong for Age of Empires in this round but that's a shame because against most other games, AoE would have progressed.

I've never played Age of Empires, but hell no is it beating KotOR. Amazing game. While being a fairly linear game it still feels like you have a lot of freedom. The evolution of your character from random soldier guy to amazing Jedi is great and the places you go are pretty incredible. The choice of good or evil is actually difficult to make in this game and the final choice of whether to join the dark side or light side actually bugged the hell out of me. I logged tons of hours into this game and I probably would be today if I didn't lose my damn copy of it. It's such a great game I'm really thinking of getting it again only to beat it one more time. Vote Knights of the Old Republic!

Oh damn that´s a tough one, I loved KOTOR and damn I loved AOE2 and it´s hard but I vote for AOE2, I loved the game and everything about it, the awesome campaign, the multiplayer mode and especially the editor-mode. The game had all the things that made a strategy game worth playing. It was balanced and overall awesome.

So many different nations and cultures to choose and so many strategies to think of.
I loved it and still play it sometimes.

I do like Age of Empires 2.... But to me its no competition against KOTOR, too bad, I think AOE could have got far in this tournament.

That is, until it met my far superior friend Starcraft :)

God damn...
This match is killing me. Two of my favourite ever games going head to head.
KotOR has the storyline and the role playing, AoE has the multiplayer and the mental aspects. Both are quite deep as games, albeit in very different ways.
But Age of Empires never sucked me in quite like KotOR did.
So I (reluctantly) choose KotOR.

Personally, I despise Real time Strategy games, just a little more then I hate most RPG's, however, KotOR is one of the exceptional RPG's that every star wars nerd was waiting for. This game essentially revolutionized the RPG and made common the non turn based RPG. I'm obsessed with this game, and still play it. I own it both on the PC and XBox, so yes, KotOR gets my vote, by a landslide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back