Round 1; 55 Battlefield 2 (PC) v 74 Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

?

• battlefield 2

• baldurs gate 2

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
images

v

images

As I've stated several times thus far in this tournament, I'm not very big on fantasy games, specifically fantasy RPG games (aside from Zelda & Final Fantasy obviously). Baldur's Gate I believe I attempted to play once a few years back when a buddy of mine would never stop playing it. I fooled around on it for maybe twenty minutes and decided I didn't like it. I'm a big nerd, but even I have my limits of geekiness.

Battlefield 2 on the other hand is absurdly fun. Another classic online FPS that you can just waste an entire summer of your life playing. Gets my vote here, although I always liked the original Battlefield 1942 the best.

I've played Baldur's Gate games. They're boring. I don't like them.

Battlefield 2? Fucking great game. I would take Call of Duty over it any day, but that isn't the match up. It's Battlefield 2, a game I enjoyed, versus Baldur's Gate. A game I got bored of an hour in.

Battlefield 2

I'm obviously too late to the party, but damn it, I'm sticking to my guns.

Firstly, the competition. Battlefield 2 is a damn good game. It's got great maps and great, balanced gameplay. PC Gamer gave it Game of the Year. It suffered, however, from a number of glitches and bugs in its release, that dragged it down quite a bit. It also required stiff system reqs for its time. Something of 2005's Crysis, though not nearly as bad.

Baldur's Gate II, however, may be one of the best RPGs of all time. The first thing it represents is a huge improvement in combat over the original, which was one of the biggest problems in that game. It's much deeper, requiring more strategy and planning, and with an upper level of difficulty. It has, flat out, on of the better RPG plots in history, and had a huge improvement in graphics, top notch for its day. Admittedly, it suffers from its share of bugs but not, in my opinion, as bad as BF2.

BF2 might represent a solid FPS and remains so. BG2, however, represents one of the best PC RPGs of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back