• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Roman Reigns worries me

I don't think he's better than Sheamus in the ring, but it doesn't matter. Sheamus is a known HHH guy, which will get him IWC hate all by itself.

Predicting Reigns will hated by the IWC is like predicting there will be water in the ocean tomorrow. The problem the IWC will have is that he is just another power guy without any mic skills at all that will get pushed to the top . Kind of reminds me of Batista in 2005.

I feel one advantage Reigns might have is being in the group his in, who have expressed near constant talk of helping each other improve and whatnot.

So the hate will come when they start acting like the new clique.

Reigns is convincing, Batista is not.

Just because Sheamus has a great motor and never stops moving doesn't mean he's great. I can't recall a Sheamus match worth remembering, honestly.

Reigns will be hated by fans before long. He doesn't look like an indy bum and he has muscles. Unfortunate, but likely true.

That Cesaro guy really needs to lose that hair, gain a few pounds and tone up though, right? Man I wish they'd signed that Claudio Castagnoli guy though, he was the shit.

Didn't he only start wrestling like a couple years ago? You guys are expecting too much out of him. He spent a lot of time in NXT, and now he's working with some of the best technicians in his peer group while he develops his own style. I'm sure all these matches are choreographed down to the punch, and for what it's worth, they're great. Just give him some time.

Didn't he only start wrestling like a couple years ago? You guys are expecting too much out of him. He spent a lot of time in NXT, and now he's working with some of the best technicians in his peer group while he develops his own style. I'm sure all these matches are choreographed down to the punch, and for what it's worth, they're great. Just give him some time.

I'll reiterate, he shouldn't be expected to have matches with HHH as one of the main event matches of Summerslam as reported if he isn't ready. I'm all for giving the guy time, he's improved leaps and bounds from his debut but that doesn't mean he should be pushed ahead of the other two solely based on the look. Rollins has improved substantially on the mic and Ambrose has pretty much stayed the same aside from bulking up considerably. I still wouldn't put any of them against Trips at Summerslam. They should somehow build to a third and final encounter at Summerslam between Shield and Evolution.

Reigns will be hated by fans before long. He doesn't look like an indy bum and he has muscles. Unfortunate, but likely true.

Yeah because Cesaro looks like a bum?
Because people were so optimistic and had the highest of hopes for Seth Rollins or Chris Hero when they were signed?
:disappointed:

What about Kalisto, Adrian Neville or Viktor? Or those yet to debut on NXT like Simon Gotch, Slate Randall or Prince Devitt? I don't consider any of them to look like an "Indy bum".

First of all, you have to understand that Roman Reigns is being built up as The Next Big Thing. Possibly the next face of the company. He has to look impressive in singles matches so fans can see him as a threat. You know what's impressive? Making quick work out of guys like Mark Henry without breaking a sweat. That's why he's never lost in singles matches yet (at least I don't recall him losing a one on one match). They're not building Ambrose and Rollins in the same manner because they're not expected to be the faces of the company, but they can still look impressive by taking guys like Sheamus and Batista to the limit in one on one matches; even if they lose. That's why they work longer matches.

Second, you have to understand Rollins and Ambrose have more experience under their belts. Reigns just started wrestling a few years ago (I wanna say 2009 or 2010?) so his weaknesses and inabilities in the ring are still evident. Though he has vastly improved in the ring for the last few months, it can't be too obvious if he does still have any inabilities in the ring so the quicker he works singles matches, the better. He looks strong and his inexperience doesn't show.

I'll reiterate, he shouldn't be expected to have matches with HHH as one of the main event matches of Summerslam as reported if he isn't ready. I'm all for giving the guy time, he's improved leaps and bounds from his debut but that doesn't mean he should be pushed ahead of the other two solely based on the look. Rollins has improved substantially on the mic and Ambrose has pretty much stayed the same aside from bulking up considerably. I still wouldn't put any of them against Trips at Summerslam. They should somehow build to a third and final encounter at Summerslam between Shield and Evolution.

I think Big Triple is more than good enough to carry Roman in the ring, and even then, I think it'll take a minimal effort to cover up any sloppy spots Roman can't get past. For someone who doesn't wrestle often, Triple H has still got it, and can put on an amazing match from start to finish, even considering the fact that he's a little slower than he used to be.

You're right, it's not going to be as good a match without Rollins, Ambrose, and Randall, but it's more than good enough for Summerslam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back