Rollar Coaster Relationship: Mother and Fiancée

Any wedding related disputes between your fiancee and your mom can be solved by three words spoken by your wife to be:

I'M THE BRIDE.

Meaning of course, that she should naturally win any such arguments as it pertains to your wedding. Your mom isn't the one the getting married, and therefore has to defer.

I do have a question though: Are you the first son your mom has had to concede to another woman, or do you have brother(s) that have gotten married with no such rivalry between your mom and their fiancee? A lot of times, mothers have a very difficult time letting go of their role when a son is getting married, especially if it's the first one. She may not have come to terms yet with the fact that she isn't the most important woman in your life anymore. That realization can be painful for some.

Any wedding related disputes between your fiancee and your mom can be solved by three words spoken by your wife to be:

I'M THE BRIDE.

Meaning of course, that she should naturally win any such arguments as it pertains to your wedding. Your mom isn't the one the getting married, and therefore has to defer.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: You're funny

I do have a question though: Are you the first son your mom has had to concede to another woman, or do you have brother(s) that have gotten married with no such rivalry between your mom and their fiancee?

A- "concede to another woman" what a strange way to phrase that

B-If you read the rest of the thread you'll see he's answered that question already

For the record, I appreciate all the input from everyone. Weighing all my options,but I'm leaning toward having another sit-down with her today, over the phone, when I get out of work where I draw a line in the sand again about her throwing a shit fit over all these requests to an event that's not revolving around her.

Plenty of people that have never got married commenting here. It's my wedding makes a ton of sense until you have actually lived it. Weddings are like crack to middle aged women. What you figure out over time is that the wedding is actually for everyone else as ridiculous as that sounds. That doesn't mean you roll over on everything but be mindful that a lot of other people have an investment (beyond money) in what is going on as well.

If you are looking for reasons not to be worried about the future I can offer you an anecdotal one. My wife and my mom get along quite well but during the wedding planning it got testy at points and eventually my wife had to put her foot down pretty strongly over the guest list. Don't remember a specific issue they have had since. I guess what I am saying is that most of these issues are fairly common. However, my mom sounds a lot more passive than your mom so you are probably going to need a different plan in the future. My advice, if she can't handle you two making your own decisions then you have to cut back on how you interact with them when it comes to making decisions.

Just make it to the honeymoon dude.

Stick by your missus. Your mum is making too much of something that isnt for her. This wedding is your and yours, ie this is your wifes' big day and you are there to make her look good.

We didn't invite my wifes' cousins to our main do. That would have meant another 25 plus people coming to a small wedding that was only meant for 50 people.

Stick by your Mrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back