• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Role Analysis: Big Show

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
k3b2bda3.jpg

This guy has gone through more roles than most movie actors. Monster heel, monster face, tweener, regular heel, regular face, talent enhancer, etc. Ah, and of course comedy face. Let's put a brake there for a second. Comedy face. He starred in WWE Films only comedy movie. Basically, he's a lovable giant. In my eyes, it's the role the suits him best. From the time he dressed up as Fat Bastard to the time Eddie Guerrero fed him laxatives and many other occasions, Big Show is a natural for the silly comedy. However, he's been lost in the shuffle in WWE from day one. His current role in Smackdown is in my eyes what's for him. Especially with the PG Era in play. Big Show makes for a unique kids attraction. At this point he isn't much in the ring and losing is not exactly something a good thing for the 500 pounder. This current role allows him to stay relevant on TV without actually having to get into big feuds or championship matches. Thoughts?

I totally agree with you here. Big Show is approaching 40 fast, he's done about everything a giant can do, he's not the most exciting wrestler to watch, and his career is winding down. His current comedic role (which he really seems to be enjoying) and a lack of serious/intense feuds is definately what's best for him. He is decent at providing laughs, too.

His recent feuds have been somewhat dull (e.g. Big Show vs. S.E.S), so I think it's best for him to avoid a long term feud with someone. He deserves a big deal when he retires, but other than that, thsi is how Big Show should stay for this rest of his career.

Did WCW and WWE drop the ball by having Big Show a jobber? What can be done to rekindle an Andre the Giant like character. Has Big Show put in his time too deserve a super human character as Andre the Giant was portrayed.

I just wish he would go away. He is entertaining as a face but him and Rey Mysterio constantly burying the younger part of the roster is getting annoying.

he still has a role, he's still an attraction ... but he is difficult to watch in the ring. i'd like to see him more in an enforcer role with a stable vs. on his own, going back and forth between scary giant and fun loving giant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back