ROH World Tag Team Champions The American Wolves Invited to WWE Tryout

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
Current ROH World Tag Team Champions and former ROH World Champions, The American Wolves, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards have been invited to a WWE tryout camp in late August along with Midwest indy wrestler Prince Mustafa Ali. No word yet on if The Wolves have accepted the offer but Davey Richards told a Mexican morning talk show earlier last month that he and Edwards were in talks with both WWE and TNA. It's believed they aren't interested in a TNA deal but if WWE were to make an offer they'd listen. If one doesn't come through they are happy sticking with ROH where both men are two of the top earners.

This is from F4WOnline, you can find an LOP tidbit on the report here.

These two are the final premier guys outside WWE. I'd be more favored to them sticking with ROH but if they leave for WWE it's alright, knowing Davey who has turned WWE down before he won't let them do anything obscene to him, probably just let him run wild as he currently is. Both have been showing a ton more personality since they reformed, Davey humping a turnbuckle is one of the funniest wrestling related moments I've seen thus far this year.

While currently ROH World Tag Team Champions if they were to be hurried into a title loss there are a lot of teams in the company right now available to take the belts anyway, so that also isn't a worry. The Young Bucks are yet to hold them so you got a prime replacement ready in the wings for full time roster duty if needed.

They are a very good team and I'd love to see WWE add them to the roster, they'd make great opponents for Reigns & Rollins. Not sure if they'll take this kind of offer though, they might find it a bit insulting, but if they check the ego at the door it's a way in and given the success indie guys are having in WWE right now it's a good time to get into the company.

I've never seen or heard of them before but I always welcome more tag teams into the WWE to help strengthen the division. WWE usually struggle to create their own teams so having one already made (if they keep them together) would be a positive thing :)

Great news, these are the second best tag team in the world right now. I am curious as to, if they were to get in WWE, would they split them up like they did the Kings of Wrestling (Ohno & Cesaro). Remember, the Wolves are not a Vinny Mac creation so I wouldn't be surprised. I just hope, if they do end up signing, they remain a team even if they have different personas.

I'm gonna say it, I actually wouldn't mind seeing them in TNA if push comes to shove. They could revitalize the division over there. But, they would be on a lot more money working in ROH than TNA, in the beginning that is.

I haven't see much of them to say that they would fit in with the WWE, however I have read about them online and they do inspire a love/hate reaction because of their ring work. If the tryout goes well and the WWE has a certain direction of where they want to go, then I welcome it with open arms.

I am curious as to, if they were to get in WWE, would they split them up like they did the Kings of Wrestling (Ohno & Cesaro).

Cesaro signed in September 2011. Ohno didn't come along until February 2012 because of that testosterone thing. By April, Cesaro was already on the main roster. They didn't split up that tag team.

I dont like the ROH style. They are very good in ROH but wouldnt be in the WWE. They are way to stiff in the ring, do way too many dangerous moves, and have no ring psychology they just do spot after spot after spot.

They are just a poor man's Daniel Bryan. This is not hate for them or ROH. Like I said, they are awesome, but they wrestle a different style.

lol I love the continued indy cynicism. "they'll ruin my guys, they'll do something obscene to them". Yea, Daniel Bryan, basically as Bryan Danielson, is main eventing Summerslam vs John Cena. CM Punk, named CM Punk, wrestling as CM Punk, is co main eventing vs Brock Lesnar.

If they sign the wolves, it's because they see dollar signs there. WWE does what makes money. Vince isn't this asshole who gives a shit about spiting guys just to piss off a smaller portion of the audience.

I'm a guy who started following CM Punk in around 2001 and has driven 12 hours in a day to see Bryan Danielson in ROH. I don't follow ROH that much anymore because I don't like the headdroppy/over used falsies as much as I used to. I don't think they'll change the Wolves much unless it's keeping them from killing the crowd with an over use of falsies or using another guys' finish. By that I mean, no one else does the big stars' finishers as basic moves in their matches. WWE has a psychology different than ROH. This is why when an indy guy wrestles differently, it's not "goddamn WWE", it's smart. You'd be a fool to wrestle the same in front of a different market. Foley tells a story when he was in Puerto Rico wrestling. He's busting his ass doing all his usual stuff. Getting no reaction what so ever. So the guy he was wrestling says "let's slow it down, put me in a rear chinlock". Foley was heel, the other guy a babyface. The crowd reacted to the basic "milk the comeback" spot because that was the psychology of that audience.

I haven't watched Richards in 2 years because the guy annoyed the shit out of me with his puro wannabe shit and his endless falsies. If he still does that in front of a WWE audience, it won't get as much of a reaction. In a bigger arena, the people further away need more time to digest things. So a slower pace is needed and larger actions/reactions needed to play to them. Watch a Shawn Michaels match. It looks cartoony because of how exaggerated he is. But sit in the nosebleeds the next time you go to a show and you'll appreciate that even more.

I read an article a few months back that hinted that Davey Richards was on his way to WWE. He was at a live event and he told the fan in attendance that he was headed "up North" to show them that he "is the REAL best in the world". I think I created a thread discussing it. I hadn't heard anything else about it until now. Richard & Edwards have been dominant stars in ROH both as a tag team and as singles wrestlers and two of the last marquee, high profile guys out there who aren't signed to either WWE or TNA.

As it pertains to "they won't be used right" arguments that I'm sure are bound to come up, I'm a bit surprised to see that they haven't already, they just don't hold that much water. CM Punk has been a legit main eventer for 2 years in WWE and is the longest reigning World Champion WWE has had in a generation. Daniel Bryan's popularity has skyrocketed over the past 20 months , making him quite possibly the single most over wrestler on the WWE roster at this point. Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins have firmly established themselves as long time players in WWE with strong performances on the mic & inside the ring, due in no small part to consistently strong & good booking. What these four men have in common is that they're all "indy darlings". That's why I didn't include Roman Reigns in it. He's not really an "indy darling" but as a member of the Anoa'i family, he's part of a dynasty in wrestling. The fact that he looks almost exactly like The Rock, if The Rock had long hair & a goatee, is something that's only going to help him along.

As far as Richards & Edwards go, there's a ton of upside. I'm not sure how old Edwards is but Richards is only 30. They seem to be just the kind of guys that Triple H looks for ideally: someone that's young but old enough to have garnered a great deal of experience in wrestling. They both also have good looks, they're in shape and they know how to work. As I said, there's a ton of upside there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back