ROH Supercard of Honor VIII with KB

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Supercard of Honor VIII
Date: April 4, 2014
Commentators: Kevin Kelly, Nigel McGuinness, Steve Corino

I’m not the biggest ROH fan in the world but I was in New Orleans for Wrestlemania weekend and saw ROH was having a pay per view the night I got into town. The general admission ticket was cheap so I grabbed a seat and took in my first Ring of Honor show ever. I didn’t know a lot of the people on the card so it’s going to be interesting to hear the commentary to fill in some details. The main event is Adam Cole defending the World Title against Jay Briscoe in Ladder War V, which is their version of a TLC match. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Man Up And Go Away

I did a review of my own for a website I write for and gave it four stars so I would agree with the B rating. While I agree with a majority, I think you over think how many times a move happens. I think that's where ROH's Japan influence comes in, it's their style, you can break out whatever move you want really just as long as it's not a finishing or signature maneuver. Like Cedric for example, 650 Kick is a signature move of his so I even thought when Everett hit something similar, "why'd he use that?" TD's gimmick is that he does capoeria, so I totally understand that.

Anyway, yeah, think your review is fair, and hey, a B- is better than most events which I would agree on. Also glad you recognized Steen/Elgin for how great it was, for me, for a lot of people I've seen say they watched it and for even Meltzer, best wrestling match of the entire weekend.

Interested to know though, will you be giving Global Wars and War of the Worlds a watch? I mean, they're pretty much the biggest non-WWE events of the year, and they'll be live on uStream.

I wish I could watch it all. Fell of ever since I got rid of my DVR. But, thanks for posting that site Dragon Saga. I'll have to keep in mind when the next ROH PPV airs.

I wish I could watch it all. Fell of ever since I got rid of my DVR. But, thanks for posting that site Dragon Saga. I'll have to keep in mind when the next ROH PPV airs.

I'll be doing LD's on here for Global Wars and War of the Worlds on iPPV on uStream. If nobody else is going to give something different to this forum other than, "Should The Nation of Domination Reunite?" or "Who'd be in your new Evolution?" then God damnit, I'll step up. Not to mention, like I said, easily the two biggest non-WWE events of the year.

No doubt. ROH is more wrestling and there shows are usually really amazing. I enjoyed what I was watching every time. I'm just a huge fan of The Briscoe's and Elgin is best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back