ROH at MSG

GhettoV1

Pre-Show Stalwart
I was surprised that ROH would try to book a show of all places MSG which has a relationship with the McMahon family dating back to 1925 the earliest.

Who knows maybe another NYC-area venue (i.e. Prudential Center, Nassau Coliseum even the Hammerstein Ballroom would offer ROH a date for their NYC event on Wrestlemania weekend).

It's not gonna happen now. WWE and MSG came to some sort of agreement, so Ring of Honor will not be debuting at MSG. At least, that's what I read a couple of days ago.

MSG officials were pissed because most of WWE's New York shows were being held in other arenas. It comes off like MSG was about go on a date with someone else in an attempt to make WWE jealous and it looks like it worked.

Jack-Hammer said:
It's not gonna happen now. WWE and MSG came to some sort of agreement, so Ring of Honor will not be debuting at MSG. At least, that's what I read a couple of days ago.

MSG officials were pissed because most of WWE's New York shows were being held in other arenas. It comes off like MSG was about go on a date with someone else in an attempt to make WWE jealous and it looks like it worked.

Worked like a charm. Apparently the deal between ROH and MSG wasn't signed yet.

The shows were being held at Barclays Arena in Brooklyn, And, for good reason: Money and logistics. Far cheaper to book Barclays than the Garden. Furthermore, the in and out of setup is far more smoother and easier in Barclays. For those that do not know, the floor of the Garden floor is on the FIFTH floor of MSG. You have to go up this long serpentine ramp off of 33rd Street and Eighth Avenue. You need to back the truck in one at a time, as there is no loading area like they have at Barclays. And, the ramp is narrow. So, you can only bring up so much at a time, even with a forklift. It take a while just to get stuff into the arena itself. Then, you have to set up. When its all over, you have to do the same thing all over again.

Barclays have several bays off Atlantic Avenue. And, the arena floor is street level. In and out in quick succession. And, since Atlantic Avenue is a major thoroughfare in central Brooklyn, traffic does not get clogged when the trucks come to load and unload. 33rd Street? Forget it! When the truck backs in, the street, and the taxi zones under the Garden, are at a standstill.

RoH can still work the Garden if they wish. Just play the Theater. Have three nights there. Maybe even bring WrestlePro and NYWC along. It would be a fun week. But, VKM will do ANYTHING not to lose historical ties to MSG. They probably paid Diamond Jim Dolan a fortune.

Brilliant work from MSG, but shame ROH couldn’t run there. Would they even sell it out though, surely not?

Brilliant work from MSG, but shame ROH couldn’t run there. Would they even sell it out though, surely not?

In my honest opinion, they could come pretty damn close. If All In sold out 10K tickets in 30 mins then ROH could possibly due the same. Only thing though, is (in my honest opinion) ROH might possibly need some help from NJPW to come close or even potentially sell out MSG. Does anyone think that could be a reason why MSG backed out from ROH since NJPW could not come along for the show?

Edit: So many acronyms in my post lmao. Sorry all.

I feel like it's a huge gamble for ROH not because they are going head to head with NXT on mania weekend because they proven in the past that they can hang with NXT as far as ticket sale are concern. No the problem is that compared to other years where they could charge less for tickets, this year they won't be able to sale tickets for cheap because MSG is a expensive building to rent so you have to charge at less 100 to 120$ for front row tickets just to broke even. So going against NXT where tickets will be cheaper will be a challenge because in the end, it's all about seeing as much as possible for at cheap as possible for smart fans and if they have the choice between NXT and ROH, they're a good chance that for a lot of the fans, NXT will be their number one show and ROH will be second if they can't get tickets for NXT.

In the end, ROH need to fill at less half of MSG to be looked like as successful with this anything else will be considered a huge failure. Also with so many of their top star being up for grab by next year, what is stopping HHH to try and signs them to a NXT contract just to take them off the MSG card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back