• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Robert Roode: future top heel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoxViolence

The Best At Everything I Do
This is my first thread people so don't devour me whole if I mess this up or if its be done already.

Ever since I first started watching tna I've seen Robert Roode and thought that this guy has it. Period. He almost reminds me of HHH when he was heel.....with certain moves and his overall asshole persona. I personally don't care for beer money too much, especially now that they're both faces. I like them both as singles wrestlers and I especially feel if they broke up and tna turned Roode heel again and gave him the proper push that he WILL be the perfect top bad guy in tna. He's been there for a few years already so I think he deserves a push like that. I remember when him and traci brooks were bitching around eric young...the way Roode cut his promos made him look like a great heel. Lets not forget his win over Jarret a couple years back at one of their ppv's. With all of this said, does anyone else think Roode has the potential to be a top heel in TNA?

I've been saying since Roode's days in Team Canada that he's a future top heel in the business, as in James Storm. James Storm could actually be a top face, as well if/when the company actually needed a new "guy" to push.

I wish TNA had a legitimate mid-card title (which I hope the Global Championship becomes), because IMO someone like Roode (or Storm) should be contending for the "Intercontinental" title at this point in their careers, since they're still at the top of the mid-card and not quite World Heavyweight Championship material yet.

Yeah Robert Roode does have potential to become a Top heel in Tna. I though his feud with Booker t was really underrated and his promos from that feud were great. While I agree with the above poster that he is not ready to become a world champion. But he could possibly become X Division or Global Champion when he is done with Beer Money inc.

This is just one of those times I really wish they had an upper mid-card title to pin on the guy. An "intercontinental" title would fit perfectly there seeing as the X-Division title IMO is the Cruiserweight title, and the Global Championship is like the European/TV/US title right now.

i agree he isnt quite ready to be world champion but in due time that'll come. wat roode needs is a good beer money break up. where HE turns on storm and becomes the bad guy. once that happens he can cut his asshole promo's like he does best and begin to make a name for himself in the single's division. doing something similar to nigel attacking the top dog. maybe going after and beating someone like hernandez who could eventually have the global title at that time.

This is just one of those times I really wish they had an upper mid-card title to pin on the guy. An "intercontinental" title would fit perfectly there seeing as the X-Division title IMO is the Cruiserweight title, and the Global Championship is like the European/TV/US title right now.

NO MORE TITLES IN TNA please. They already have TNA, XD, KO, KOTT, IWGPTT & TNA TT, even though IWGP is being shared with Japan. Enough!

However, Roode & Storm need to be given the Global Championship. Since EY won't face an american wrestler, have him defend against the current face & canadian Roode. Then have Roode get cocky & turn heel as the new leader of world elite, & let Storm & him trade the titleA back & forth.

That fued would be the TNA version of Miz vs. Morrison, Roode vs. Storm.

his best feud in my opinion, was when he faced booker T, he just seemed so heel...he personified it. When he hit sharmell's jaw...mine simply dropped

NO MORE TITLES IN TNA please. They already have TNA, XD, KO, KOTT, IWGPTT & TNA TT, even though IWGP is being shared with Japan. Enough!

However, Roode & Storm need to be given the Global Championship. Since EY won't face an american wrestler, have him defend against the current face & canadian Roode. Then have Roode get cocky & turn heel as the new leader of world elite, & let Storm & him trade the titleA back & forth.

That fued would be the TNA version of Miz vs. Morrison, Roode vs. Storm.

I didn't say add more titles, did I? I hated the "Legends" championship, and I don't really care for the "Global" one that much right now either. Yeah, it can legitimize EY, but the title to me has an expiration date just like the Legends title did.

his is just one of those times I really wish they had an upper mid-card title to pin on the guy. An "intercontinental" title would fit perfectly there seeing as the X-Division title IMO is the Cruiserweight title, and the Global Championship is like the European/TV/US title right now.

No, no, no more titles. World, X, Tag, Global for the men and KO and KO TAg for the women--that makes eight people walking around with belts.

Want to move Roode into the World title picture? Throw two world title contenders--Angle and Wolfe, say, or Morgan and Hernandez, or Joe and Nash, or A and B--into a feud with Beer Money. Give A a title shot, have Roode interfere, have a three-way for the title, transition into a Roode-A feud.

Since EY won't face an american wrestler, have him defend against the current face & canadian Roode. Then have Roode get cocky & turn heel as the new leader of world elite,

i love this idea. because it'll get that singles title around Roode's waist which I think he deserves, and it would be a great way to turn him heel. EY doesnt defend against americans. Roode winning that title......storm being american.....i can see a great jealousy angle where Roode really ends up turning on Storm.

I didn't say add more titles, did I? I hated the "Legends" championship, and I don't really care for the "Global" one that much right now either. Yeah, it can legitimize EY, but the title to me has an expiration date just like the Legends title did.

Legends title did suck. It was all about the nostalgia of it. Not that big of a fan for the Global Championship, but TNA had to pick a name for a mid-card title. WWE is big on their trademarks, & TNA can't afford to use the names "US/TV/IC/etc." International would be better.

No, no, no more titles. World, X, Tag, Global for the men and KO and KO TAg for the women--that makes eight people walking around with belts.

Want to move Roode into the World title picture? Throw two world title contenders--Angle and Wolfe, say, or Morgan and Hernandez, or Joe and Nash, or A and B--into a feud with Beer Money. Give A a title shot, have Roode interfere, have a three-way for the title, transition into a Roode-A feud.

You just reminded me of something that is pissing me off. Why is Desmond Wolfe getting the Angle program. This is something they could have done with Roode, Storm or someone that paid there dues in tna.

Why is Desmond Wolfe getting the Angle program. This is something they could have done with Roode, Storm or someone that paid there dues in tna.

Probably because Nigel McGuinness used his leverage as a free agent. I don't think that TNA knew that he had failed the WWE physical. So to get him to jump, they offered a sweetener. It'll probably work out well for both parties, provided TNA handles Wolfe decently post-Angle.

Roode and Storm are in a good spot, one of the top tag teams in TNA. We always complain about WWE breaking up tag teams for no reason. Why do we want TNA to do it prematurely? Why should TNA have one less quality tag team? British Invasion is still a little green, 3D have a lot of miles on them, and for whatever reason management hasn't liked the Motor City Machine Guns and just doesn't care about Lethal Consequences.

Roode has time to grow into a singles World title contender. Storm won't be around forever. Heck, complain that Storm didn't get the shot. His career is probably halfway over.

EDIT: I was completely wrong about Storm--he's 32. I don't know why I thought he was pushing 40.

To elaborate on JohnBragg's post, also Nigel McGuinness is roughly about twenty times better at every single aspect of pro wrestling than Robert Roode is. Roode is good, I've liked him for quite awhile now, but Nigel is so much better it's barely worth discussing.

I can see Roode as a future top heel though. Granted this is a future where a large portion of the main eventers in TNA currently have either retired or moved on to a different promotion.

Robert Roode: future top heel?

Absolutely.

But will he be booked right? It's weird because I always thought they had big plans for him even years ago when he started his post-team Canada gimmick. But then when AMW broke up and he was paired with Storm... it just reminds me of John Morrison. I was really excited when he was ECW champ, definitely thought he was going to start a great singles push to the world title in a couple years. But then he was paired with Miz. It was frustrating, I thought it sidetracked his progression, I didn't like it at first, but they were a good and over team that I legitimately enjoyed. Once they split it ended up being even better. So I'm hoping when Beer Money splits, Roode can go full on hated heel and really shine.

There is no question that the talent is there, we just have to hope creative books him right.

Reactions: X
There is a real chance that the Beer Money break up, when it happens, will be dynamite TV and make for an awesome feud. But let's face it, it's not even close yet. I don't know why you couldn't enjoy their work, as faces (a turn which was handled so well) they have made the whole division worth watching.

Roode and Storm will both be great top line guys when their time comes. I just hope that is sooner rather than later.

Roode is good, I've liked him for quite awhile now, but Nigel is so much better it's barely worth discussing.
lets be real tho....roode has paid his dues...nigel comes in and automatically tna has in working with the best they have in kurt angle.....yes roode had a good fued with booker but what has it done for his career. he punched sharmell in the mug for christ sake and now he's in a tag team and standing up for wats right? roode is a good technical wrestler with good intensity and he has great potential to be a hhh type heel champion. hope one day dixie feels me on that.

Roode does need to be a singles wrestler but not by turning on Storm. TNA needs to get Chris Harris back and have America's Most Wanted watching Roode's back. Could be the beginning of a new 4 Horsemen-type stable.

Probably because Nigel McGuinness used his leverage as a free agent. I don't think that TNA knew that he had failed the WWE physical. So to get him to jump, they offered a sweetener. It'll probably work out well for both parties, provided TNA handles Wolfe decently post-Angle.

Roode and Storm are in a good spot, one of the top tag teams in TNA. We always complain about WWE breaking up tag teams for no reason. Why do we want TNA to do it prematurely? Why should TNA have one less quality tag team? British Invasion is still a little green, 3D have a lot of miles on them, and for whatever reason management hasn't liked the Motor City Machine Guns and just doesn't care about Lethal Consequences.

Roode has time to grow into a singles World title contender. Storm won't be around forever. Heck, complain that Storm didn't get the shot. His career is probably halfway over.

EDIT: I was completely wrong about Storm--he's 32. I don't know why I thought he was pushing 40.

As for the tag team division goes, beer money was a team that was thrown together because of two other teams splitting. Roode & Eric Young, and America's Most Wanted. If Chris Harris never left TNA, they would still be together. So basically, Roode got sent to the tag division because of that. Both of them have individual star power potential. Storm is a long haired comedic Steve Austin, beer drinking bad ass. Roode is baby HHH.

Meh, I doubt it. The guys is alright, but has never been anything special to me. I like BM as a team, but a Roode/Storm rivalry does nothing for me, not even a semi-boner. They are both very good tag team wrestlers and I think it should stay that way. They are incredibly over at the moment and there is nowhere for them to fit in the singles division, so why should they break up?

To me, Roode has always just been a big guy who was a brawler and a solid worker. He seems like the career midcard type, he just doesn't have the it factor to get him into the main event.

I don't want to see Beer Money ever split up, but I'm not naive enough to think it will never happen. Roode and Storm are both future top stars in TNA, and it will be a great day when they face off for a title...Any title.

They are both excellent on the mic, and can work with just about anyone in the ring, so why not push them as top stars, once, and if, they break up as a team? The problem is one would have to turn face, and I have a tough time figuring out who. Roode is far better as a heel, but I'd have a hard time seeing Storm as a face (on his own). He's got the badass drunken heel gimmick down to an art form...

Robert Roode has future main eventer written all over him. He recently resigned with TNA, so lets hope he doesnt get lost in the shuffle with the Hogna and co acquisition. Id like to see Beer Money split sometime soon, as others have agreed, there both exceptional talent and have earnt their way and paid their dues in TNA. If the promising booking of AJ/DANIELS/SAMOA keeps up, more young guys like Roode may get that big push just around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back