Rivalries: New Thread Series.

IHW

WZCW's Brent Blaze
I’m going to start doing threads more often on the rivalries in Pro Wrestling.
We will look at past, present, and future rivalries of the WWE and TNA (these are the only ones I watch.) And we will discuss them.
The thread will go under whatever show the rivalry takes place on. (Raw, Smackdown!, or Impact!)

The title will say Current Rivalry: _______ , Past Rivalry: ______, Future Rivalry:______?

Well, lets get right to it….
Current Rivalry: Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes

This is a rivalry that is slowly dying out (if not already over.) It goes way back to Legacy in 2009. Randy and Cody, along with Ted Dibiase Jr., formed a stable called Legacy. The purpose seemed to be to get Randy the WWE Championship. Randy was the leader and had Cody and Ted do all his dirty work.
Fast forward to late 2011, we have Cody and Randy and Ted all on Smackdown. They have a few matches together including Cody vs. Randy and Randy vs. Ted. Randy seems to get over every time. They part ways for a while, while Randy and Christian continue to have a brilliant feud over the World Title. Cody captures the Intercontinental Championship, and starts using Ted as his handyman, much like Randy did for them. But, this don’t last long as we see Ted turn “face” on Cody and face him at Night Of Champions, and then Ted seemingly disappears from this building up feud.
Soon after that we see the match that really sets off this feud. On Smackdown Randy Orton faces off with the IC Champ, Cody Rhodes. The match was great, and Cody Rhodes wins the match by DQ, but then ends up very bloody from a ring bell shot. (Wrestling isn’t fake, it’s just planned.) We see this feud grow, and a match takes place on Raw Supershow. Cody ends up with the win, and that surprised me a little. Randy gets over in the feud some more, and we also see Rhodes interfering in a handful of Orton matches. Cody Rhodes bags Orton and this is what I consider as Cody’s high spot in this feud.
We get our match at Vengeance. Randy picks up the win. But, it wasn’t for the IC title. Then the feud cuts off. We see Orton face US champion Dolph Ziggler on SD! And Rhodes ends up facing off in a Tag match with Wade Barret on Raw.

So, here are my questions:

Is this feud really over?
Shouldn’t Orton get a shot at the IC Title?
What was Randy’s “high spot” in this feud?
What was Cody’s “high spot” in this feud?
What are your overall thoughts on the feud?
What’s next for Cody Rhodes?
What’s next for Randy Orton?

Thanks for reading. If any of the things I posted on any of my threads are mistakes, please correct me, as I am using mainly my memory.
Have any questions or ideas on how to make the thread better just send me a pm.

I'll just look at this from an overall prospective, and say I think this feud is over. But wish it would go longer. It seems like a great opportunity for Rhodes to get a big win over Orton, and move up the ladder. It makes him a more viable intercontinental champion if the belt were on the line. But what purpose does that serve for Orton, he wants the heavyweight belt, not the IC. I thought a high spot for Rhodes was bagging Orton, and that led me to believe this feud would go in Rhode's favor. But Orton got the win over Rhodes at the PPV. And now I don't think it's going anywhere.

Am I the only one not happy that Cody did not get a clean win? He deserved to win at vengeance. What does giving Ortin the win do? Nothing, whereas if Rhodes got the win it could elvaluate him to the next level. Does the wwe purposely bury it's talents? Cody Rhodes is the best heel ,besides Henry, that smackdown has. Dumb move to have him lose.

Sadly, this feud is over. Randy Orton is a selfish fucking jerk who refuses to put young talent over. He buried Sheamus, Kofi Kingston, Undertaker, Edge, and Kurt Angle..

Sadly, this feud is over. Randy Orton is a selfish fucking jerk who refuses to put young talent over. He buried Sheamus, Kofi Kingston, Undertaker, Edge, and Kurt Angle..

... Did you seriously just imply that Orton buried The Undertaker, Edge, and Kurt Angle, three guys who were already well established in WWE when Orton feuded with them?

... Not sure if serious.

... Did you seriously just imply that Orton buried The Undertaker, Edge, and Kurt Angle, three guys who were already well established in WWE when Orton feuded with them?

... Not sure if serious.

I'm more concerned that he implied Undertaker is a young talent!

Hesitantly, I agree though. I think Cody should have gone over in this match, but he still looked damn good in defeat. Someone on these forums once compared feuding with Orton to feuding with Cena, and made an incredibly astute observation; feuding with Orton, you look like chump change, but feuding with Cena, you look like a million bucks (see; CM Punk). This feud with Rhodes/Orton was the exception to that rule.

From here, I hope Rhodes moves to a new feud where he gets the last laugh, perhaps moving back to Orton afterwords being 'stronger than before'.

Tonights contest was great. Entertaining in action and psychology. Seriously, who didn't enjoy that Figure Four/Mask attack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back