• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ring of Honor Owners Possibly Interested in Purchasing TNA Wrestling

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
From the main page

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/703...ssibly-interested-in-purchasing-tna-wrestling

Well that's interesting. Seeing as ROH do quite well for themselves and have a strong fan base and good connections (NJPW connection) this would certainly be good. Even if it went the WWE/WCW invasion route it couldn't be worse than what TNA is doing now.

Best case scenario TNA becomes a second show and stays pretty much the same with better and more coherent storylines/management

Worst case scenario ROH gets TNA's tape library and some of their talent.

Pretty sad when what's going on behind the scenes of a wrestling promotion is more interesting than what's going on with its televised product. Its definitely interesting. I'd be curious to know if they're interested in acquiring it as a secondary asset separate from ROH to fold it into ROH.

Sinclair Broadcasting is reportedly rebranding the Tennis Channel the American Sports Network so, as a result, there's little doubt that they'd be expanding sports and sports-like content for the channel.

The one flaw in the slaw seems to be the same that it's been for other potential buyers: Dixie Carter wants to retain majority ownership. If not for that, I think there's a strong possibility that someone would've already purchased TNA.

I'm not completely sold on this as an actual possibility but more a stretch to link random items together. For the sake of having fun I'll play along.

From reports it seem as if Sinclair is largely interested in the international television deals and the video library. Both reasons would be a massive boost in favor of ROH. It allows their product in new global markets and greatly expands video opportunities. Outside of that there is zero reason to keep TNA as a functioning Brand. Strip it down to it very basics and bury what is unnecessary. Perfect example is WWE's handling of WCW and ECW, expect there was brief value in Brand names. In the case of TNA the video library is only worth while for the stars who competed and not the call letters.

In the end, all lot of mofos will be out of work.

Unless Dixie gives up control of TNA, then I don't see any deal happening. I don't think sinclair broadcasting will want to let her stick around and continue to be in charge of the day to day running of the company when she has done such a terrible job up to this point.

If they were to somehow be able to convince her to leave completely, Then this could be a very good deal for ROH. Not only would it cement there place as the number two company, but would also give them TNA's Video library. Which would be beneficial to them if they really are rebranding the Tennis Channel and if they are planning to establish as a true alternative to the WWE the they are going to want to broadcast more then one hour of wrestling each week and having a roster made up of both Roh and Tna Tallent would give them the depth needed to put on two to three hours of solid action every week.

Unless Dixie gives up control of TNA, then I don't see any deal happening. I don't think sinclair broadcasting will want to let her stick around and continue to be in charge of the day to day running of the company when she has done such a terrible job up to this point.

If they were to somehow be able to convince her to leave completely, Then this could be a very good deal for ROH. Not only would it cement there place as the number two company, but would also give them TNA's Video library. Which would be beneficial to them if they really are rebranding the Tennis Channel and if they are planning to establish as a true alternative to the WWE the they are going to want to broadcast more then one hour of wrestling each week and having a roster made up of both Roh and Tna Tallent would give them the depth needed to put on two to three hours of solid action every week.

Dixie may not have a choice much longer. She's not exactly in a position financially to be able to broker a financially sustainable investment deal whilst still retaining majority control, if she was a deal would have been struck already and this would be old news. The position Dixie is in unfortunately for her is, swallow her pride and accept a deal that would see her power decrease but would most likely be beneficial to TNA in the long run, or she can continue holding out for a deal that benefits her that may never come. Either way Dixie is likely to lose majority control over TNA, whether it be to an investor or to bankruptcy is up to her.

"Ms. Carter, here is x for TNA. And, here is $5 million for you to go make babies with Serge, and leave the Wrestling to the adults."

The problem may be that Dixie may have NOTHING else to fall back on. This could be like that woman that ran for Governor of Wisconsin because her family's business (Trek Bicycles) really did not want her anywhere near it. Same scenario could apply with Panda Energy. Does Earl Carter REALLY want Dixie to be anywhere NEAR Panda? I mean, why else would Dixie try to pull a Wilpon (The NY Mets pulled the same thing, with some success)? She is probably fighting so she can eat, for she will be unemployed if she is out at TNA. Furthermore, she may owe Panda a boatload of money if she unloads TNA. Money she may not have, and may not be able to raise.

As for RoH: If they can pull this off, it will be absolutely brilliant. Furthermore, you will have the beginnings of a REAL alternative to WWE. You can have TNA in Florida, RoH as a pseudo-National promotion with a wide TV presence. And, Sinclair is run by the Sinclair family. It is a PRIVATE company. They do NOT have the millions of masters that WWE needs to answer to. This is going to get VERY interesting in the next 5 years if SBC can pull this off.

Let's get this straight:- If TNA was going to be bought out, it will be bought by Vince McMahon and WWE.

Why? Because, like WCW and ECW, Vince would want to get hold of their video library and archives.

Imagine what buying TNA could do for WWE Network. They could offer all the TNA PPVs as well, and have all the eps of "Impact Wrestling".

Whatever ROH or anyone else offers, Vince will outbid them. He wants to own all of wrestling, and look at all the archival footage the Network has (it even has Smoky Mountain, World Class and UWF) so why would WWE not be interested in buying TNA, even if it only for footage for the Network, DVDs and for HoF video packages.

WWE would also probably buy some contracts of TNA talent they want, start them in NXT and promote any that they want.

Face it, if TNA gets bought, it will be WWE who do it. ROH can't match the price that the WWE juggernaut puts up.

Face it, if TNA gets bought, it will be WWE who do it. ROH can't match the price that the WWE juggernaut puts up.

The difference between the Sinclairs and the McMahons is that the McMahons are beholden to other masters, aka Shareholders. The Sinclairs answer to their viewers and their own family. Unlike WWE, Sinclair Broadcasting is PRIVATE. If Sinclair REALLY wanted to, they could start a second Monday Night War without batting an eyelash. However, they are doing it strategically. If SBC/RoH takes over TNA, the next stop should be a sit down with Bruce Tharpe about buying out the NWA. SBC prides itself on being a "Southern" company. A take over of the NWA licensing would allow it to cut WWE off at the Mason-Dixon Line. TNA would become NWA Florida. RoH could become a Mid-Atlantic promotion. Then guarantee airtime to other NWA groups on the rebranded Tennis Channel. Watch VKM shit.

The difference between the Sinclairs and the McMahons is that the McMahons are beholden to other masters, aka Shareholders. The Sinclairs answer to their viewers and their own family. Unlike WWE, Sinclair Broadcasting is PRIVATE. If Sinclair REALLY wanted to, they could start a second Monday Night War without batting an eyelash. However, they are doing it strategically. If SBC/RoH takes over TNA, the next stop should be a sit down with Bruce Tharpe about buying out the NWA. SBC prides itself on being a "Southern" company. A take over of the NWA licensing would allow it to cut WWE off at the Mason-Dixon Line. TNA would become NWA Florida. RoH could become a Mid-Atlantic promotion. Then guarantee airtime to other NWA groups on the rebranded Tennis Channel. Watch VKM shit.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lol::lol::lol:

I have been a regular on this site for years. I have read many ill-concieved and naive posts in my time, but this is the most delusional.

So, a company like WCW, who had a billionaire like Ted Turner backing it, and had more money in the bank at one stage than TNA, ECW, ROH, and most of the bush leagues ever did, and yet lost to Vince, and then you come here and say that some two-bit company like ROH, who have never even touched WWE in the ratings, can beat WWE.

Now, I know you indy fans are loyal. But blind, stupid loyalty is another thing

I will watch VKM shit...on all other companies that try to take on WWE.

Do you know how much money it takes to run a decent wrestling company, let alone a monolith like WWE? No wrestling company on earth have the resources to challenge it. WCW came close, but that was over a decade ago. It is even less likely to happen today.

Vince answers to shareholders, but shareholders are there to make money. If buying TNA to access its library will help more subscribers to WWE Network, then that is more money to WWE, and more for shareholders, then those shareholders will take the risk. Hell, TNA could be written off as a nice tax break for WWE, so it won't cost them much at all (like how VKM got WCW and ECW for a song) and the potential to make money off the TNA video library, DVDs, talent contracts and footage for the Network will make it worth it.

Anybody that claims just anybody could start up another Monday night Wars has no idea why it worked the first time. In fact it pretty much was a fluke that it happened in the first place. Ted Turner asked Eric Bischoff out of the blue what he thought they could do to better compete with WWF. Bischoff has said that his mind wasn't on the the WWF because the presentation he was giving was about international deals. He blurted out give me primetime. It was Ted's prerogative to give him primetime on Monday night, Bischoff said early on he would of preferred a different night because RAW was already established in that time slot it would never work. So it was pretty much Ted's ego that started it all.

Both WWF and JCP/WCW both had built themselves up an audience during the '80s leading up 1993 when RAW debut and 1995 when Nitro debuted. WCW wasn't just a nothing indy promotion that just decided one day to go head to head with WWF like McMahon would us to think. They were building themselves up as a national promotion the same time that Vince McMahon was building up the WWF.

WCW had the fanbase, the resources and the recognition to go head to head with the WWF. Which if you go back and pull up the ratings prior to May of '96 you'll see that RAW and Nitro ran neck and neck. WWF was making more money during that time but let's face it if WCW had figured out how to be profitable we'd still be calling it Jim Crockett Promotions and it would probably still be around today.

To say that nobody could ever compete with WWE again would be assinine. There's always the possibility someone could rival the WWE, but it wouldnt happen over night. It would take someone with alot of drive, capital and knowledge of the business.

I like ROH as well but I don't think they are worried about going head to head with WWE anytime soon and are only worried about themselves which is smart. That is a fantasy booking scenario I don't think will ever see the light of day. WWE is far ahead of anyone these days for anyone to really challenge them again like WCW for the top spot in the Industry.

Now if ROH does end up purchasing TNA they would need to re-brand that Company from top to bottom. Rebrand the Company and the Show,get rid of Dixie Carter and John Gaburick,plus get rid of anything that reminds anyone of TNA. Start fresh.

I'm tempted to write this off as rumor, because I really don't see what ROH would gain out of this theoretical sale that they couldn't pick up elsewhere for cheaper.

If ROH is interested in TNA talent, they don't have to purchase the rights from TNA; no one performing for TNA is under long-term contract currently, so they just have to wait for the deals to expire. TNA's tape library is next to worthless to ROH, as they lack the infrastructure to make a profit from purchasing that footage, and don't appear to be taking the steps to build said infrastructure. (TNA's tape library often gets held up as their most valuable asset these days; I say it probably never gets sold. The WWE is the only organization which would really have any use for it, and as they aren't bidding against anyone and don't need the footage, they'll offer what they feel is a fair amount, which Dixie Carter will view as an insult.)

The only area in which some sort of financial interaction between TNA and ROH makes any kind of sense is in the international market. ROH has virtually no presence outside of America and Japan; TNA has a presence in several international markets. With TNA apparently having trouble paying to shoot the footage which gets delivered to those markets, this is where we match up a seller with something to move to a buyer looking to better their position. ROH could go out and negotiate deals internationally, one at a time; or they can purchase TNA's rights to deliver the footage, and get in the markets that way. As to whether this is likely or even plausible, consult the legal department. Buying TNA outright would allow ROH access to all of those international deals in one fell swoop, instead of forcing them to negotiate country-by-country; the question then becomes if purchasing all of TNA's liabilities is worth that international foot in the door.

One aside, having little to do with ROH- in the past, when the 'is TNA for sale' rumors started up, we'd inevitably get the Dixie Carter tweet making light of the whole situation. The rumors are louder than I've ever heard them, and either she hasn't made a peep or no one's paying attention to what she says anymore.

I'm tempted to write this off as rumor, because I really don't see what ROH would gain out of this theoretical sale that they couldn't pick up elsewhere for cheaper.

If ROH is interested in TNA talent, they don't have to purchase the rights from TNA; no one performing for TNA is under long-term contract currently, so they just have to wait for the deals to expire. TNA's tape library is next to worthless to ROH, as they lack the infrastructure to make a profit from purchasing that footage, and don't appear to be taking the steps to build said infrastructure. (TNA's tape library often gets held up as their most valuable asset these days; I say it probably never gets sold. The WWE is the only organization which would really have any use for it, and as they aren't bidding against anyone and don't need the footage, they'll offer what they feel is a fair amount, which Dixie Carter will view as an insult.)

The only area in which some sort of financial interaction between TNA and ROH makes any kind of sense is in the international market.

Agreed. ROH programming replaces Impact, Explosion and the ONO's on international TV. Or possibly ROH keeps Impact going in some form?

Actually, for ROH, the ONO PPV timeslots might be an asset.

the question then becomes if purchasing all of TNA's liabilities is worth that international foot in the door.

TNA may have shed most of their liabilities. There's no more high-priced talent except perhaps the Hardys.

TNA's problem is generating enough revenue to cover operating expenses.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lol::lol::lol:

I have been a regular on this site for years. I have read many ill-concieved and naive posts in my time, but this is the most delusional.

So, a company like WCW, who had a billionaire like Ted Turner backing it, and had more money in the bank at one stage than TNA, ECW, ROH, and most of the bush leagues ever did, and yet lost to Vince, and then you come here and say that some two-bit company like ROH, who have never even touched WWE in the ratings, can beat WWE.

Now, I know you indy fans are loyal. But blind, stupid loyalty is another thing

I will watch VKM shit...on all other companies that try to take on WWE.

Do you know how much money it takes to run a decent wrestling company, let alone a monolith like WWE? No wrestling company on earth have the resources to challenge it. WCW came close, but that was over a decade ago. It is even less likely to happen today.

Vince answers to shareholders, but shareholders are there to make money. If buying TNA to access its library will help more subscribers to WWE Network, then that is more money to WWE, and more for shareholders, then those shareholders will take the risk. Hell, TNA could be written off as a nice tax break for WWE, so it won't cost them much at all (like how VKM got WCW and ECW for a song) and the potential to make money off the TNA video library, DVDs, talent contracts and footage for the Network will make it worth it.

Ted Turner passed the bad AOL/time Warner meger deal which led to him being voted out as the CEO which led to WCW going under since the ppl on the board never were wrestling fans. If Ted Turner would of never lost his power at Time Warner WCW would of stayed on. Even when Eric Bishoff was going to purchase WCW the board didn't want wrestling period on it network even though WCW was still doing better numbers then the NBA games and TV shows.

Ted Turner passed the bad AOL/time Warner meger deal which led to him being voted out as the CEO which led to WCW going under since the ppl on the board never were wrestling fans. If Ted Turner would of never lost his power at Time Warner WCW would of stayed on. Even when Eric Bishoff was going to purchase WCW the board didn't want wrestling period on it network even though WCW was still doing better numbers then the NBA games and TV shows.
It's all a conspiracy by those upper highbrow types who don't appreciate your particular forms of entertainment. WCW's failure had absolutely nothing to do with their expenses wildly outstripping their income, but was a vicious shot in the ongoing cultural battle by businessmen who are not interested in profit, but in the far more sinister game of judging which forms of artistic culture are appropriate.

If you'd like to know why Eric Bischoff/Fuscient Media's offer wasn't accepted, it was because the terms of the deal were ridiculous; Time Warner would have to retain financial liability for WCW, which was the whole reason they were looking to sell it. The offer wasn't made with the intention of being a credible offer, but so that Eric Bischoff could say he made the offer and tried to 'save' WCW- a position which paid off handsomely down the line with TNA. (Remember "ten percenter"? And how it was all the rage to call anyone who questioned how TNA could continue their expense levels without increasing their ratings a "ten percenter"? Good times.)

Let's get this straight:- If TNA was going to be bought out, it will be bought by Vince McMahon and WWE.

Why? Because, like WCW and ECW, Vince would want to get hold of their video library and archives.

Imagine what buying TNA could do for WWE Network. They could offer all the TNA PPVs as well, and have all the eps of "Impact Wrestling".

Whatever ROH or anyone else offers, Vince will outbid them. He wants to own all of wrestling, and look at all the archival footage the Network has (it even has Smoky Mountain, World Class and UWF) so why would WWE not be interested in buying TNA, even if it only for footage for the Network, DVDs and for HoF video packages.

WWE would also probably buy some contracts of TNA talent they want, start them in NXT and promote any that they want.

Here is an ignorant , idiotic wwe fan boy with no clue! Mc Moron will continue to destroy wrestling and piss wrestling fans off when fans want an alternative to wrestling ! We don t want the garbage and storylines when we want wrestling action indeed. TNA will never be sold to wwe and that would be backstab and deception to all wrestling fans as there won t be no ROH, TNA or anything else at this point so you are dead wrong!

In the end both WWE & ROH will split the spoils, WWE buys the tape library, trademarks and some contracts. ROH buys the international TV rights and the talent contracts that WWE passed on and that's it.

In the end both WWE & ROH will split the spoils, WWE buys the tape library, trademarks and some contracts. ROH buys the international TV rights and the talent contracts that WWE passed on and that's it.

Vince would bid higher just for the talent he wants and the tape Library... he's not about to share anything with Sinclair and the ROHbots.

That's a nice dream. And I thought about this ROH-TNA-NWA fusion before.

But Sinclair has not that much invested in ROH before. Not on the level of what Panda did in TNA. So given how much some of the talent in TNA cost, I'm not sure SCB could afford the salaries given to the Hardys, EC3, James Storm, etc...Hell Bennett left ROH cause he was offered a ton of money from TNA, something SCB could not match.

As a way to operate TNA as a promotion, I'm not sure SCB would be willing to do that, to run two wrestling promotions.

Also maybe I'm wrong but as far ROH becoming NWA Mid-Atlantic, I always thought ROH's base was more in the North East?

But you see, this proves my point. WCW WAS a big deal. If anyone could have taken WWE down, it would be WCW.

However, ROH is more like ECW. ECW could never compete in the Monday Night Wars, as they didn't have the finance to do it. So they did their own thing. If ECW had entered the Monday Night Wars, they would have died sooner. So a tin-pot competition like ROH has no hope of hanging with WWE.

But you see, this proves my point. WCW WAS a big deal. If anyone could have taken WWE down, it would be WCW.

However, ROH is more like ECW. ECW could never compete in the Monday Night Wars, as they didn't have the finance to do it. So they did their own thing. If ECW had entered the Monday Night Wars, they would have died sooner. So a tin-pot competition like ROH has no hope of hanging with WWE.

if i recall Correctly, The TNN television Deal is what Backrupted and killed ECW? so they would be a casualty of the Monday Night Wars indirectly.

they did attempt to compete on television.

Listen, indy fanboy, get out from your mother's basement and into the real world.

It doesn't matter if you don't like McMahon or WWE. The world doesn't work on what you like. It works on money, and who has more of it, and who can buy what. WWE can afford to buy TNA if it wants to. If ROH buy it, it will only be because Vince doesn't care about it. But I think WWE would want the TNA video library to add to its Network and use in DVD and video packages.

Listen wwe sheepboy nerd it doesn't matter who has the most money or not TNA has been around for over 14 years and they won't sell to wwe or anyone else
Just because you praise and worship mc moron and the ground he walks doesn't mean he will buy TNA library! TNA should be able to finalize a deal and not upset their loyal TNA fans and followers! You want to stick to the wwe cartoon crap show do as you wish but many fans don t want this garbage and want WRESTLING! I suggest you get out of your grandparents garage or parents basement and into the real world as the world doesn't revolve around what you and wwe want!

Listen wwe sheepboy nerd it doesn't matter who has the most money or not TNA has been around for over 14 years and they won't sell to wwe or anyone else
Just because you praise and worship mc moron and the ground he walks doesn't mean he will buy TNA library! TNA should be able to finalize a deal and not upset their loyal TNA fans and followers! You want to stick to the wwe cartoon crap show do as you wish but many fans don t want this garbage and want WRESTLING! I suggest you get out of your grandparents garage or parents basement and into the real world as the world doesn't revolve around what you and wwe want!

Listen, ********, the world doesn't revolve around what you want (and thank goodness for that).

Okay, you hate WWE, we get it. Funny how you know what WWE do, if you don't watch it, and if you do watch it, then you are a hypocrite for saying you hate something and then watching it anyway.

You obviously have never been in the business world. If you had, money rules. WWE have it, and TNA goes under, it will go to the highest bidder, most likely WWE.

It makes sense, since WWE did it before with WCW and ECW.He virtually bought out World Class, Smoky Mountain, AWA and other territorials.He only hasn't bought ROH yet because he is waiting for them to die and buy them cheap, and then stick their talent on NXT. TNA will fold one day, and they won't have a choice who owns them.

Vince will buy TNA, put their PPVs and Impact on the Network, and maybe hire some of their talent. It will happen, sooner or later. If it doesn't, it is because Vince doesn't want to, not because some two-bit promotion like ROH outbidded them. If you believe otherwise, then go and tell the fairies at the bottom of your garden about it. They may believe you. But real life says otherwise.

I hope WWE do outbid ROH to get TNA, just because it would piss you off. To think of the look on your stupid face when Vince buys another wrestling company. :lmao:

Now, naive child, leave and let the grown-ups talk about what would happen in the real world, not the fanciful reality you live in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back