• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For Sale: TNA Wrestling?!?

Dave Meltzer has reported that people close to the situation are NOT aware of an offer from WWE nor ROH. Meltzer only said if WWE were to try to buy TNA they would do so for $4 million. Meltzer never said WWE actually put in that offer. So this story is likely not true.

Vince McMahon has said that WWE is not meant to be the only wrestling company. If WWE wanted to kill TNA, they could. They haven't because they have no interest to do so.

WWE got WCW because WCW had no TV contracts. WWE didn't kill WCW after they bought them, WCW was already dead. WWE tried to get WCW a timeslot but those plans fell through. It was not on purpose.

Other than the video library, one reason for WWE to buy TNA is it takes away one of the major places where WWE wrestlers can go to if they wanna leave.

Right, and this is a good idea because why?

In what world is less competition a good thing? We've seen first-hand what that landscape looks like and it's not pretty.

Well if Dixie is really done with TNA , then she would sell all her shares in the company to WWE.

There are plenty of guys in various wrestling halls of fame who weren't a 10th as well known or accomplished a 10th of what Christian did. Being partners with Edge and winning the WWF Tag Team Championship 7 times with him is reason enough to induct him. If only the very tippity top of the heap are inducted, as some fans foolishly think it should, then there aren't but a very small handful of guys left in all of wrestling history for WWE to induct. In WWE, Christian was a 9 time Tag Team Champion, 4 time Intercontinental Champion, 2 time World Heavyweight Champion, 2 time ECW Champion and he won the European, Hardcore & Light Heavyweight Championships 1 time each. :shrug: It's a hall of fame worthy career with or without TNA's tape library.

I went a bit overboard downplaying Christian's WWE accomplishments. I guess I was more so trying to hype up his time in TNA. He had an amazing run there and it would be nice to see that recognized.

TNA is a joke of an organization now. I mean seriously...I gotta buddy who sends me YouTube clips of Matt & Jeff Hardy's new storyline stuff and I watch in horror at what that company has become. I mean, I used to laugh a few years ago too with Joker Sting and the Main Event Mafia...it's pathetic.

I think Vince will buy the company for the remaining talent (i.e. Jeff Hardy, Bobby Lashley, Abyss, etc) and like everyone has mentioned: the library... in order to attract more people to the WWE Network.

The intriguing thing they could do is a big TNA Invasion Storyline heading into WrestleMania...they could center it around the purchase.

Think about the card they could put out, and the viewers it could attract if it was marketed correctly ala NWO/Mania 18.

Have all the TNA guys band together to takeover...

Seth Rollins vs AJ Styles

Bobby Lashley vs Brock Lesnar

Samoa Joe vs John Cena

Kurt Angle vs Triple H

Eric Young vs Dean Ambrose

Jeff Hardy vs Chris Jericho

Bobby Roode vs Randy Orton

Austin Aries vs Kevin Owens

Abyss vs Bray Wyatt

...those are some sick potential matchups!

Honestly I don't buy into the story of the E making a bid for TNA. If Vince wanted to buy the company there would be no bid. He would own it. Simple as that.

Likely it will end like it did with WCW but I'd be fascinated by Rocky 84's ideas for TNA in their hey day had talent.

Rocky84,

On one hand TNA is a joke company, but on the other you would build Wrestlemania around it.

Surely if people felt that way why would they buy the PPV of a joke company invading the holy grail?

I have been liking the upper-midcard and main event of TNA lately and would hope that TNA survives again this time.

The ratings have been improving lately and the talent is immense, only problem was booking whuch was getting better. These are good signs but lack of money is going to affect things.

Still Fingers Crossed for a TNA survival.

I wouldn't like TNA to be bought and ended by WWE.

If what the WON is saying now is accurate, WWE buying TNA would ultimately mean the death of the company as they'd just be buying the tape library and signing some of the talent. They wouldn't try to keep TNA going as a company, and it's hard to blame them, because, again, if accurate, the report says that TNA is millions of dollars in debt to various financial backers, primarily Billy Corgan and Aroluxe, and WWE isn't going to fork over millions of dollars to pay off TNA's debt because there's no real reason to as keeping the company active isn't worth it.

If WWE has put in a bid, I doubt that it's a serious one because, again, according to the report, Dixie Carter is getting blamed for making the sale into a mess; I doubt that Vince would put up with all the alleged hurdles Dixie has made because, frankly, he doesn't have to. A deal will have to be made within the next few days because TNA currently doesn't have the money to finance the BFG ppv and the next set of TV tapings, which will run around $600,000.

According to my twitter feed, someone's reporting that TNA has officially been sold to WWE and an announcement would be done during BFG. I don't know how much truth there is to this story, but this is the same twitter handler who announced signing of Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes before it was reported by other sources. Take it for what it's worth.

According to my twitter feed, someone's reporting that TNA has officially been sold to WWE and an announcement would be done during BFG. I don't know how much truth there is to this story, but this is the same twitter handler who announced signing of Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes before it was reported by other sources. Take it for what it's worth.

Well guess you're source was dead wrong. So i'll take it not being worth a pot of piss. This is why you have to be careful posting internet rumors from unverified sources. You must feel pretty dumb this morning eh? TNA is alive and well and has funding for future tapings. You might want to find better sources next time there hoss.

Well guess you're source was dead wrong. So i'll take it not being worth a pot of piss. This is why you have to be careful posting internet rumors from unverified sources. You must feel pretty dumb this morning eh? TNA is alive and well and has funding for future tapings. You might want to find better sources next time there hoss.

Coming from the guy who managed to get a 3.98 GPA at a school that doesn't calculate GPA's:

Patiently waiting for Jan 2017 to see Matt Taven in TNA! I can't wait! Can't wait to see the Wolves mix it up with the Kingdom again....
Still waiting for January for Matt Taven to join the Miracle.
Concentrate on the influx of ROH talent that will be available in January 2017. Can't wait to see Matt Taven reunited with
The Miracle in Jan 2017!
And the point of your idiotic rant is? You are wrong 99% of the time about everything, so I fully expect Taven and Bennet to be reunited in Jan 2017 in TNA.
Just waiting for Matt Taven to come on down! The only WWE reject worth signing is Wade Barrett.

That last one had nothing to do with Matt Taven, but I noticed it only took you two weeks to turn around on Cody Rhodes. I thought it took you a few months. SO- would you call yourself a verified source that we could trust and maybe wager on your prediction, or are we just being an irascible hypocrite again today?

I wouldn't take too much satisfaction on TNA surviving. Quite frankly, their reputation is at absolute rock bottom. They may have kept the debtors from barging down the door but this merely a stay of execution at this point in time. TNA, as a business, is not profitable in the slightest. They are running at a loss and that will never signal a successful business. What's happening right now is that Dixie is taking more money to keep them going in an effort to give her more time to negotiate a bargaining position. That money will have to be paid back to this person as, like I said, TNA is not making money.

The sale of TNA is absolutely inevitable. And trying to act as though you got one up on the people who would rather see TNA go away is shortsighted indeed. I reckon it'll come back to haunt you when January comes around.

I wouldn't take too much satisfaction on TNA surviving. Quite frankly, their reputation is at absolute rock bottom. They may have kept the debtors from barging down the door but this merely a stay of execution at this point in time. TNA, as a business, is not profitable in the slightest. They are running at a loss and that will never signal a successful business. What's happening right now is that Dixie is taking more money to keep them going in an effort to give her more time to negotiate a bargaining position. That money will have to be paid back to this person as, like I said, TNA is not making money.

The sale of TNA is absolutely inevitable. And trying to act as though you got one up on the people who would rather see TNA go away is shortsighted indeed. I reckon it'll come back to haunt you when January comes around.

And you know this how? YOU have a source inside TNA? I didn't think so. YOU are just throwing out rumors and things YOU want to happen. Fact is ALL of YOU were wrong! Dixie and Billy got the last laugh on YOU. (Again) TNA's demise has been adverted once again. I'll see YOU again in January when YOU are wrong yet again. Nice try, YOU were trying to take up for CyberPunk. Cute.......I guess it was your turn to hold his hand this week. Fact is, posting lies and unverified shit will bite you in the arse 10 times out of 10. I doubt CyberPunk will do it again after I humiliated him.

And you know this how? YOU have a source inside TNA? I didn't think so. YOU are just throwing out rumors and things YOU want to happen. Fact is ALL of YOU were wrong! Dixie and Billy got the last laugh on YOU. (Again) TNA's demise has been adverted once again. I'll see YOU again in January when YOU are wrong yet again. Nice try, YOU were trying to take up for CyberPunk. Cute.......I guess it was your turn to hold his hand this week. Fact is, posting lies and unverified shit will bite you in the arse 10 times out of 10. I doubt CyberPunk will do it again after I humiliated him.

Oh my dear keyboard warrior! What you need is comprehension skills.

I personally don't even want TNA to die. I don't watch it but if it's around, it's good for pro-wrestling in general. However, denying that TNA is not in a good place financially is stupid.

On another note, what do you get out of trolling? Or are you actually just stupid?

You are beyond stupid if you believe that this is anything other than a stay of execution. In fact, you're just beyond stupid. Let's examine the facts, shall we? If TNA were profitable, then they would have the working capital to be able to put on shows without the need for outside investment. Obviously, this is not the case (as has been well documented). The FACT of the matter is that someone is putting money into this company with absolutely no hope of getting it back through means of TNA being a business. Once again, so that it absorbs through your concrete skull, TNA are not profitable!

People don't bother trying to get an intelligent point across with this guy, he's a tna mark. The guy think that Bobby Lashley is the greatest wrestler alive so arguing with him about what has been reported online by credible wrestling journalist that knows what their talking about is really pointless.

The fact of the matter is that TNA is on the verge of bankrupcy right know, they owes millions of dollars to various company that lend them money to pay for slammiversary and the tv tapings and it's been up for sale for a while now. If you don't believe me since you're a tna mark and can't face the fact that your precious TNA is in real financial trouble, just go on this very website, their been at less 5 or 6 article and interview with billy corgan talking about this very situation.

MAn you really need to get your with it man, Right now, TNA is up for sale and it'S either going to be Billy Corgan or WWE that's going to buy the company unless Dixie is able to find somebody else with a lot of money that wants to buy the company and all that ''mysterious person'' did by lending them the money for the ppv and the tapings is buy them until the end of november to get this sale finalize.

Oh my dear keyboard warrior! What you need is comprehension skills.

I personally don't even want TNA to die. I don't watch it but if it's around, it's good for pro-wrestling in general. However, denying that TNA is not in a good place financially is stupid.

On another note, what do you get out of trolling? Or are you actually just stupid?

Haha, you must not be fully acquainted with joesgonnakillu, he really is that stupid...seriously, very, very stupid.

Is there actually anyone who wanted to see TNA fail? Not likely. Competition (however meager it may be) is a good thing, the fact of the matter is that if WWE really wanted TNA's tape library and intellectual properties they probably would have had it by now. Joe's just reveling in what he perceives as a victory in a battle only he is fighting, regardless of if it makes any sense at all. He's mentally a 6 year old, It's pretty much the general consensus that this fool is probably one of the 3 shittiest posters on this forum, he truly is a legend in cyber stupidity.

Aww.....You still mad brah? I handed you your arse so many times I've lost count. Big deal...get over it. Time to put on your big girl panties and man up little boy. Now go google some better insults. Better yet, go find a job. Newsflash!!!!!!! Sitting around all day holding your "pecker" is not a job! Added to my growing ignore list.

No one wants to see TNA go away, where has anyone said that on this thread, please show me? It is an alternative to the WWE, that is if you can even get the station. We don't have have to watch it on Youtube later. So stop acting like everyone is insulting TNA, they aren't.

Actually one of TNA's biggest problem's might be some of their fans. Those one's that come on a the WWE part of the forum just to troll and act like fools. When I look at the TNA section I don't see posters doing it there, only here.

Rocky84,

On one hand TNA is a joke company, but on the other you would build Wrestlemania around it.

Surely if people felt that way why would they buy the PPV of a joke company invading the holy grail?

You're not too smart are you? I specifically said they're a joke of a company right now...not the past. I mentioned how they have put out laughable storylines like the Matt Hardy one now (Joker Sting, Main Event Mafia), but that doesn't take away from the talent of original guys like Styles, Samoa Joe, Roode, Young, Aries, etc. I don't don't see how you're confusing the two...but again, that brings me back to my first point about you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back