Rey Mysterio Finished?

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Rey Mysterio Jr. has been advised by doctors not to return the ring due to the excessive knee damage he has sustained. In terms of story line, WWE's web site put up a tidbit that he was re-injured by Umaga's vicious attack on Friday night, setting back his intended return.

Obviously he's going to return. But will he be around for long when he does? I think we've defonatley seen the last of the exciting Mysterio. He has'nt been the same for year's. Obviously that is partly due to age. But he's had dodgy knee's for year's. Hopefully he goes to TNA where he can have a reduced schedule, and can continue wrestling for several more year's. I feel if he stay's in WWE he could only have a year or so left as an in ring competitor.

thats a damn shame in ECW mysterio was the best up and commer they had but thats a different time and he is a different wrestler (i know that he wasnt really up and coming so to speak but was already a 6 yr veteran)

I hate some of McMahons ideas for a storyline or action for a show. Even if it is fake why attack an injured wrestler with a humongous blob of lard like Umaga. Do real fans want to see garbage like that? No. I wouldn't call it entertainment. Beating up on an injured person is not entertainment unless other fit wrestlers come to his aid. Mysterio is one of the most talented wrestlers I've ever seen. The fact that he wrestles in the heavyweight division at his size is a testament to his ability. I say bring back Stone Cold and give McMahon some stunners, better still I wish somebody would really beat him to a pulp. I notice you cannot email wwe.com. I'd love to tell them what I think of their storyline. Its not sport or entertainment.

I hate some of McMahons ideas for a storyline or action for a show. Even if it is fake why attack an injured wrestler with a humongous blob of lard like Umaga. Do real fans want to see garbage like that? No. I wouldn't call it entertainment. Beating up on an injured person is not entertainment unless other fit wrestlers come to his aid. Mysterio is one of the most talented wrestlers I've ever seen. The fact that he wrestles in the heavyweight division at his size is a testament to his ability. I say bring back Stone Cold and give McMahon some stunners, better still I wish somebody would really beat him to a pulp. I notice you cannot email wwe.com. I'd love to tell them what I think of their storyline. Its not sport or entertainment.

I think that they did this to put over Umaga and give him more heat for the upcoming Hair vs. Hair match. Because he lacks a bit of credibility now, especially if he goes against Lashley who is being presented as unstoppable.

I think it's a good thing to have done that attack to show that Rey was re-injured and must stay out longer, because it stops fans from blaming Rey for being a "wuss" or saying he's lazy, which are both not the case. It'll also stop them from being too disappointed by him. He needs his rest and training, I think if they give him 4-5 months, he'll be back on his feet and can come back to main event status for sure.

I think it's a good thing to have done that attack to show that Rey was re-injured and must stay out longer, because it stops fans from blaming Rey for being a "wuss" or saying he's lazy, which are both not the case. It'll also stop them from being too disappointed by him. He needs his rest and training, I think if they give him 4-5 months, he'll be back on his feet and can come back to main event status for sure.

I agree to some as theyhad to do it as he was oringally to come back around this time, but the needed to find a way to keep him out and keep him a fan favorite as crazy as that sounds. I agree with Jake Rey should go to TNA as it will prolong his career, yet i really dont see that happeningas Vince would find a way to keep Rey out of going to TNA

i'd give mysterio til the end of summer to make a good recovery, the angle with umaga was good to play him off again. I agree that he needs a lighter schedule and he'll find it in TNA. Not so sure about vince giving him a light schedule.

there is a way to e-mail WWE.com, but it's kinda buried, go got to reall dig to find it, any way this is what I found on the site

Fan Services
If you would like to make a comment on our programming or Superstars, please http://corporate.wwe.com/company/contact_form.jsp?dept=fan to send a message.

Please do not send or e-mail any ideas/proposals for storylines, character development, scripts, marketing or business operations. WWE, Inc., does not consider or review these materials.

As for the storyline I thought it was a stupid way to end the show, they cvould've done that segment like half-way though the show and been just as effective, I think Rey should go to TNA, he could have some amazing feuds over their, and WWE doesn't really seem to know what to do with him anymore, personally I wouldn't mind seeing him form a tag-team with Chavo, then challenge London & Kendrick for the belts, then maybe give him a run with the U.S. title

hes coming back in the summer its been planned for a while but they needed it to extend in the storyline so they umaga attack him

I think that they did this to put over Umaga and give him more heat for the upcoming Hair vs. Hair match. Because he lacks a bit of credibility now, especially if he goes against Lashley who is being presented as unstoppable.

I agree with the more heat for Umaga part. This is part of Vince's plan to put Lashley way over. I would love to see Mysterio on TNA. He can fit with the X-Division very well.

I hope Misterio does the smart thing and puts his health first or he'll be hobbling around like Hogan before he turns 40. I don't even remember how many knee surgeries he's had. Hell, I can still remember his WCW sabbatical in 1997/8 that had him out for months before he came back with some more meat on his frame. Even if he were to call it quits right now, he's been to the top of the mountain, so it's a case of mission accomplished. However, that's not to say that I still wouldn't want to watch him wrestle anymore...even if his matches are fairly predictable these days.

I'm pretty sure about 90% of this is kayfabe.. Yeah, maybe his rehab isn't doing so well, but the rest about Umaga re injuring him is bull shit.. If he was not supposed to return, they wouldn't of brought him back on SD! that night..

Within time, he'll be back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back