Revenge of the Stables

WhatCripplesTheLegend?

Occasional Pre-Show
Do you think stables are a positive or negative aspect of wrestling? The WWE has not seen a prominent stable since the Spirit Squad, and that is not saying much considering the rising star thus far out of this group is the unpushable Kenny Dykstra (whom I think is very talented).

If you think they are a positive thing list hypothetical stables you'd like to see in the WWE right now. Give the stable a name and include it's members and a little description as to why you think this would work.

I would like to see a stable consisting of Jericho, Ken Kennedy, Carlito, MVP and Mark Henry. The first four men are each very charismatic and excellent on the microphone in their own rights. This would help Carlito with a new angle bypassing his "cool" phase which he so direly needs to sidestep. Chris Jericho would obviously be the leader of this group. I'd like to see Kennedy and Carlito as tag team champions...IF the WWE made a conscious effort to revive the tag team division to greatness. MVP could chase Jeff Hardy for the intercontinental title and milk the fact he used to be beat his brother so frequently. And why Mark Henry youre dying to know? Because the name of this faction is "The Silver Tongue Posse" or "STP" for short (sorry Scott Weiland), and every faction needs an enforcer...who better than the "Silverback" Gorrilla himself...the man with less personality than a deaf mute Walmart greeter.

This could be a great heel team. However this is all hypothetical. Carlito is on his way out, hence the attempts to burry him with Hornswoggle. Kennedy needs to be main eventing as soon as they stop punishing him for the juice (not juventud). Jericho needs to be standing on the mountains peak (saveus.222) and Mark Henry...well, he's Mark Henrk...and on smackdown with MVP. A brief example on the fly. Let's see what possibilty's youve got abrewin. Enough ramblin, lets keep it rollin'.

I would have one pretty similar to yours... Kennedy, Carlito, MVP, but with HHH and Steph as every good stable needs a woman! they would be heels. I think they could work mainly because they can all play the a humorous heel, and I would obviously have HHH/Steph as the leaders but i would have it as a faction against faction and the opposing face faction would include HBK as leader, Jeff Hardy, Jericho, and probably Matt Hardy too, so they could all have feud within the factions... and I refuse to think of names, they'd just sound silly, but yeah that would never happen but it would make me happy!

I could see a modern day Triple Threat with Jericho as the fledgling leader, Kennedy as the bad ass, and MVP as the young un and comer. Jericho would, of course, be on top with the world title while MVP and Kennedy would be tag champs. Another faction that I could see is having the Highlander come over to smackdown and helping Drew McIntyre turn on Dave Taylor. Taylor would chase Drew, only to find out that the true leader is..... Paul "The Ripper" Burchill. This four man European crew could rule SMackdown with an iron fist. Paul would vie for the world title while Drew would be the US champ, always looking to one day take the strap from Burchill. And The Higlanders would be tag champs, via constant interference from Drew.

Meilichia your variation is a lot more plausible. It would immediately giver star power credibility to Kennedy (who already ALMOST has it) MVP (who will know doubt get it anyway), Carlito (who needs to love) and Stephanie is a Macmahon so the angle couldn't fail by the writes. Good show.

Spawn the European Union idea would be fuckin great. A strong force for fledgling talents.

a new four horseman group could be great. put flair in as the manager (like JJ dillon was in the early years of the group). the 4 guys in it i guess would be kennedy (flair like role as the talker) cade & murdoch (think arn anderson & tully blancherd) 4th guy im not sure, of course you need a power house guy, im guessing bobby lashley or masters (but hes fired). and have the group all run around in suits and all that, kind of like that group hhh had a few years back evolution.

lmao i dont know about your "European crew" idea spawn. it sounds something like a team canada or something. it could work on tna or maybe 10 years ago in wwf, but no way it would fly now. the guys would just get booed out of the building. not because there heels, but because no one wants to watch em. i like the highlanders tho, but they would fit better in the late 80s early 90s, not now lol.

I would love to see a stable lead by an up and coming main eventer like kennedy or mvp, i would include guys who each are ready for a push, it would be a similar formate to evolution having guys who all will one day become champions

a new four horseman group could be great. put flair in as the manager (like JJ dillon was in the early years of the group). the 4 guys in it i guess would be kennedy (flair like role as the talker) cade & murdoch (think arn anderson & tully blancherd) 4th guy im not sure, of course you need a power house guy, im guessing bobby lashley or masters (but hes fired). and have the group all run around in suits and all that, kind of like that group hhh had a few years back evolution.

Actually I can see Kenny in a new Horseman group. It doesn't have to be just four. But I can see maybe Dean Malenko as the mouth piece. Someone who can take a bump and can do legitimate ring work that would not tarnish his legacy when he loses time and time again. And can't you hear the crowd chanting "Stinko Malenko" over and over again? lol As far as the power guy, I think that role could go to a developmental talent who just needs a mouthpiece. Like The Hammer from OVW or even Ryan Reeves. Shit, I can even see Festus dropping his gimmick and becoming the muscle man.

lmao i dont know about your "European crew" idea spawn. it sounds something like a team canada or something. it could work on tna or maybe 10 years ago in wwf, but no way it would fly now. the guys would just get booed out of the building. not because there heels, but because no one wants to watch em. i like the highlanders tho, but they would fit better in the late 80s early 90s, not now lol.

I know it sounds like Team Canada, but it could be legit. You have the tag team in The Highlanders. You have the sleek midcarder who could one day be a problem in McIntyre. And on top you have a former OVW world champ in Paul Birchill. What WWE needs is a singularity to go against. To draw ratings. having several different fueds with random guys confuses and bores. And some fueds get lost in the shuffle. History ahs shown with the NWO, Horsemen, Evolution, and many other heel factions that if you have one dominant or even semidominant faction that all of the faces have to come up against, people watch. ANd if people watch, it equals ratings. And it could really work on Smackdown as these guys get their seasoning. Plus with the talent exchange, it could help boost ECW's ratings if like Drew wont the ECW title or something like that.

Actually I can see Kenny in a new Horseman group. It doesn't have to be just four. But I can see maybe Dean Malenko as the mouth piece. Someone who can take a bump and can do legitimate ring work that would not tarnish his legacy when he loses time and time again. And can't you hear the crowd chanting "Stinko Malenko" over and over again? lol As far as the power guy, I think that role could go to a developmental talent who just needs a mouthpiece. Like The Hammer from OVW or even Ryan Reeves. Shit, I can even see Festus dropping his gimmick and becoming the muscle man.

I know it sounds like Team Canada, but it could be legit. You have the tag team in The Highlanders. You have the sleek midcarder who could one day be a problem in McIntyre. And on top you have a former OVW world champ in Paul Birchill. What WWE needs is a singularity to go against. To draw ratings. having several different fueds with random guys confuses and bores. And some fueds get lost in the shuffle. History ahs shown with the NWO, Horsemen, Evolution, and many other heel factions that if you have one dominant or even semidominant faction that all of the faces have to come up against, people watch. ANd if people watch, it equals ratings. And it could really work on Smackdown as these guys get their seasoning. Plus with the talent exchange, it could help boost ECW's ratings if like Drew wont the ECW title or something like that.

I dont think mcaintyre is near enough ready to compete on the level of world champion but i do think burchill is, i love his ripper gimmick in ovw, why not have him come in with a heel stable and feud with guys on smackdown do a sort of rock, nation thing where he holds the mid card title and feuds with top level stars i would love to see that

is mcintyre any good? iv never seen him wrestle. i think hes on smackdown isnt he? (i dont watch sd anymore).

I dont think mcaintyre is near enough ready to compete on the level of world champion but i do think burchill is, i love his ripper gimmick in ovw, why not have him come in with a heel stable and feud with guys on smackdown do a sort of rock, nation thing where he holds the mid card title and feuds with top level stars i would love to see that

Dude, did you read my post either before you responded to it or while you quoted it? It says that McIntyre would be the secondary MIDCARDER in the group. As in the singles guy who is secondary to the leader, PAUL BURCHILL. It would be a chance for him to build like The Rock did or like Orton did when they had that roll.

is mcintyre any good? iv never seen him wrestle. i think hes on smackdown isnt he? (i dont watch sd anymore).

I don't even know, and i can't even make an assumption because he hasn't been on tv in quite some time, and i have never seen anything outside of a couple matches. Someone else with more wrestling knowledge other than the WWE could possibly give you a little more information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back