• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Resident Evil Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

1C3-M4N

Ice Ice Baby
I could not find a thread for this movie so I decided to start one because it is a great series which many zombie survival enthusiast are looking forward too.

residentevil4_1.jpg

This is going to be the fourth installment in the science fiction horror series Resident Evil. Directed by Paul W. S. Anderson.

Resident Evil: Afterlife is going to pick up where the third one left off where the main character Alice(Mila Jovovich) teams up with a group of survivors in Los Angeles and they attempt to get to safety in a world that is ravaged by a a viral infection known as the T-Virus, put out by the pharmaceutical company at the Umbrella Corporation.

What's exciting about this film is not only is it going to be available in 3D, but it's going to feature more characters that were in the Resident Evil video game series put out by capcom such as Chris Redfield(Wentworth Miller), his sister Claire Redfield(Ali Larter), Jill Valentine(Kacey Barnfield), and including Albert Wesker(Shawn Robberts) who's the top guy in the games as a bad guy. There's also going to be many new characters exclusive to the movie series.

Who's going to survive? The zombie apocalypse will be played out so well in this movie it will be hard to tell.

As of right now it is set to debut in theaters September 10, 2010. The first trailers are going to be available on April 2nd and the first teaser trailers are set to show on April 30th.

Thoughts on the movie? I for one am going to see it in 3D, probably more then once. It's so exciting because I love the series so much and zombie survival movies are top on my list of horror movies.

I'm definitely going to watch this movie because I've been a fan of the Resident Evil games ever since I was kid. The first Resident Evil movie was awesome, but I didn't care too much for Resident Evil Apocalypse. Apocalypse wasn't a bad movie, but it just felt boring to me. Resident Evil Extinction was really good. We got to see Alice come in to her own in this movie, and we saw a glimpse of the big showdown that's about to happen in this movie.

I can't wait for this movie. It's always fun to see Mila Jovoich hunt down zombies, and try to take down the Umbrella Corporation. Resident Evil films also tend to be a lot better than the other shitty movies based on video games such as Mortal Kombat Annihilation, both Street Fighter movies, and Doom. Although, I don't think I'll be going to see this one in 3D. I just don't think this movie really calls for the 3D experience.

Can't wait for this movie to come out. Loved the 3 previous RE movies; with Apocalypse being my favorite, mainly because of Nemesis being featured. The only thing that I'm really worried about with Afterlife, is how Wesker is portrayed. Hopefully the actor doesn't suck and make a complete idiot out of the character, as he's my favorite of the entire game series.

Also I wish they'd have Leon Kennedy in it. [I doubt it would make a difference on the movie itself; as Alice is the main character and characters from the game are usually in supporting roles.] Mainly it'd just be good to see him in it. I heard they were thinking about it at one point before Afterlife was given it's name. The guy from "Supernatural" was supposed to play him.

But other then that, very happy to see Alice go out an' decapitate zombies with her machetes again. RE is on a good trend of not sucking, so let's pray the trend keeps going with Afterlife.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9dc5iiT0f1s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9dc5iiT0f1s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Looks.....interesting. I was a big fan of the first film but was not very impressed with two that followed it. From all accounts that I have heard the new Resident Evil is supposed to be a lot like the original film. I do not know how accurate that is but I hope it is true. I would personally like to see more of a focus on the zombies which from the trailer there is a big ass monster zombie in this film that is on par with Nemesis. Either way I will more then likely see Afterlife and hopefully it does not blow chunks.

Just watched that trailer you posted and that big zombie guy you were talking about being on par with Nemisis reminds me a lot of the executioner from Resident Evil 5 the game from chapter 1-1. With either the giant axe/hammer thing he's using. Which is kind of cool because Chris Redfield from that game is suppose to be one of the main characters in the movie so maybe they're going to incorporate that fight from the game into the movie which would be really good because a lot of fans are saying that the characters that get put in the movies from the games aren't the same as their game personas and undergo a change in personality when they're put into the movie.

But if it focuses more on the first film that could work too but I don't think it will because it's suppose to be a worldwide viral infection where the first film was basically just in the underground hive type area that was dimly lit. The third one worked because it was a brightly lit area in a dessert yet they still made it seem scary with effects and zombies, which I loved because not many scary movies take place outside during the day. The fourth seems like it could be similar to the third in the sense of it being like an apocalyptic zombie infection but in the trailer it didn't seem to be during the daytime so it could be returning to how the first film was in the dark not knowing whats going to happen next which will be thrilling and fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back