• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: WWE Diva Arrested Before Raw

April is back and hopefully she has her hubby with her . The best in the world could just bebthe Authorities new puppets. Great story line IMHO. as for Emma she will be ok in a few months,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you worked for let's say JC Penny and they catch wind that you stole from Wal-Mart, JC Penny would terminate your employment. Why wouldn't an entertainment franchise do the same?

This is an unfair observance. We can all be debating what the company considers alright or not and whether social stature has anything to do with it for a week. The truth is Austin, Orton, Swagger, etc were all punished for their wrongdoings- whether it was a suspension, fine, or even getting arrested (yes, these were not "slap on the wrist" punishments). So why should Emma be treated differently?

I'm not calling for her head. I'm just pointing out what happens here in reality. Her seeing the door isn't an insane conclusion.

My point is, Austin, Orton and Swagger still got top programs on TV, despite their crimes. None were buried or fired for their indiscretions, so, under your argument of not treating people differently, then Emma shouldn't be fired either, and in fact should not be de-pushed either, since none of the other three mentioned were. Fair's fair.

This is an unfair observance. We can all be debating what the company considers alright or not and whether social stature has anything to do with it for a week. The truth is Austin, Orton, Swagger, etc were all punished for their wrongdoings- whether it was a suspension, fine, or even getting arrested (yes, these were not "slap on the wrist" punishments). So why should Emma be treated differently?

All respect lost for spidey after this, you want to say that the charges facing Austin, Orton and Swagger were slap on the wrist punishments for major crimes and yet you previously stated emma should be fired. Are you serious?

And when did anyone say she should not receive a slap on the wrist? She actually shouldnt get anything when you consider what Austin and swagger got in comparison

I haven't shown any real concern over this matter for anybody to accuse me of being on any high horse, but I will just chalk that up to you being oblivious.

I have stated what happens in the real world when an employee steals- whether or not that theft was an accident (which c'mon, that self-checkout defense is incredibly weak). If you feel that an employee deserves second chances and all that gummy bear stuff, then the only advice I can give you is to never run a business.

I really hope Emma is just stupid, because I do like her and want her on my television. But from a business standpoint I could understand and accept her dismissal.

Translate your argument to your mum, dad, sister or someone else you care about. If they did exactly as Emma claims and gets arrested and goes to court. Their job then turns round and says "we don't employ thieves, off you go"... would you still think the company is strong and the "excuse" weak? No you wouldn't you'd be furious... but you're happy to judge a complete stranger who doesn't appear to have been convicted of anything... One thing the American system gets right is no contest... you can't prove you didn't do it, they can't prove you did but you take a reprimand etc with no actual conviction or guilt being attached. If some Chief or Captain in Hartford can see the bigger picture and get her in for a school day or something down the line it's a far more useful and proportionate response than risking the girl's visa for the almighty WalMart. It means he might gain some favor with WWE too which smooths things next time they're in town...not in a freebie sense but it builds a relationship with a major local corporation who may then do more in his area to help when they run events, programmes, talks etc. It's pragmatic policing by the sounds of it rather than the heavy handed approach WalMart would want to take with her, but even Austin or Jeff Hardy did no jail time. It's all about what someone in authority deems "the public interest". Rolf Harris in the UK is about to be sentenced for sex crimes, he will get a long time...but not as much as a 48 year old will get because they get he is 84... If he gets out we'll deport him... Deporting someone from the US for an Ipod case would be utterly ridiculous.
Jack Swagger and Uso boy risked the lives of members of the public, Booker T held up somewhere, Jericho got public intoxication and Cameron tried to bribe a cop to get out of her DUI... PERSPECTIVE... this is the most minor of crimes on the scale of things if it was just that. Most guys and gals in the locker room would give her a hug and empathize, knowing the brutal schedule and how stupid things CAN happen on the road like this when you're tired. I highly doubt any of them are watching their gear around her.

she shouldnt be fired. others have done worse than her and weren't fired, like the wrestlers with DUI's which is worse than what Emma did, drunk driving can actually kill someone, they were punished but not fired. it should be the same with Emma, maybe give her a fine or off tv for awhile. whatever.

And they've fired her according to WWE.com. utter joke and hypocrisy on the part of WWE. Only thing they can say is it's zero tolerance for all criminality here on out.

Such a shame but TNA's gain or if Jarrett is planning on having a Womens Division, there's his champ.

It's official. A little while ago on WWE.com, it was announced that Emma's been fired and has wished the best in her future endeavors.

"she shouldnt be fired. others have done worse than her and weren't fired, like the wrestlers with DUI's which is worse than what Emma did, drunk driving can actually kill someone, they were punished but not fired. it should be the same with Emma, maybe give her a fine or off tv for awhile. whatever."

True, driving drunk is worse, far more irresponsible. Emma's problems, however, were that her dancing gimmick sucked and she didn't have any stroke built up in WWE. She's only just come up from the developmental roster earlier this year and she hasn't been featured on television at all for a few months, which means she hasn't been involved in anything remotely relevant and that she wasn't a priority in Vince's eyes.

Way more talented than someone like Cameron who got busted for a DUI and bribary. It's a damn shame, but as Jack Hammer said she had little to no leverage seeing as she's only been on the main roster. Again, without wishing to sound like I know all the details, from the outside looking in it seems really harsh. I doubt we'll know anymore information as WWE will just want to brush this under the rug. I'm gutted, as I was really looking forward to hopefully seeing some Paige V Emma main roster matches, as I enjoyed their NXT work immensely.

Only possible reason I can see as being "fair" is if it affects her Visa status... again seems really bad if she got deported over it but America isn't the most tolerant nation for foreigners visas/work rights till you get that Green Card. You see people getting denied entry for a conviction in 1985 or something.

It might come down to their deals with WalMart I guess, doesn't Cena have a clothing line with them?

It's official. A little while ago on WWE.com, it was announced that Emma's been fired and has wished the best in her future endeavors.

"she shouldnt be fired. others have done worse than her and weren't fired, like the wrestlers with DUI's which is worse than what Emma did, drunk driving can actually kill someone, they were punished but not fired. it should be the same with Emma, maybe give her a fine or off tv for awhile. whatever."

True, driving drunk is worse, far more irresponsible. Emma's problems, however, were that her dancing gimmick sucked and she didn't have any stroke built up in WWE. She's only just come up from the developmental roster earlier this year and she hasn't been featured on television at all for a few months, which means she hasn't been involved in anything remotely relevant and that she wasn't a priority in Vince's eyes.

My whole thing is with Emma is, how the hell are you going to get fired on your day off?!?!

Emma clearly must not have been thinking that day while in Wal-Mart. Lady you have a job that paids you well. So why the fuck did you just try to steal a fuck'in iPod case? You look like a bigger dumbass than your character on WWE TV. I mean damn she's going to be on Tru TV soon on that "World's dumbest criminals" pretty soon, at 1#. The sad thing about this is Emma most likely going to end up working in TNA, where being dumb is common.

Damn shame damn shame smh.

Same way Jack Swagger can be arrested for smoking weed on his drive to the next town or Cameron can be arrested for offering god knows what to a police officer....

They're taking a hard line either cos they have deals in place with WalMart which they have decided are more important or they are taking a Zero tolerance approach... it may even be both as they did supposedly have the dress code etc reinstated. But in reality it's your value to the company vs the bad publicity/business cost... if you're Cena, Orton or even a mid carder then it's probably gonna go in your favor with a slapped wrist/depush... if it's not or like Finlay and the Marines and seemingly WalMart this time it's a big part of the business/sponsor etc then you don't stand a chance... sure you might come back down the line but in Emma's case who knows.

She got fired because she's foreign. I don't mean WWE is racist, I mean it's because of her work visa. When people go to America on a work visa and then break the law, that often cancels the visa. My friend's father got his work visa cancelled due to a DUI. Just like how you can't get a work visa if you have a prior criminal record.

So add that to the fact that she's irrelevant, plus it's budget cutting time, and she didn't stand a chance. It's a shame, but it was her own mistake.

Not much to say really other than it's a damn shame. I recently got to see some of her work on NXT and was hoping we could see Paige and Emma feud with one another. If you've seen videos of the two on Instagram and I think also the WWE app, it looked like they were potentially building up to it or at least teasing it.

What a shame, what a shame.

It sounds pretty minor and considering many WWE superstars have been arrested for worse (Austin for domestic violence, Swagger for a DUI) this seems like a non issue. Unfortunately for Emma she was already sort of struggling to get a break - she was clearly not being looked at as a major wrestling Diva and she wasn't part of the Total Divas cast, and being Santino's girlfriend isn't exactly something that needs to be on TV every week. I would highly doubt she'll be released over this but it's also probably not going to help her odds of breaking out on the main roster.

Well, shit. I guess I was wrong.

I suppose it was the straw that broke the camel's back for Emma in some regards, but man, if so, what a weak back that camel has. I didn't think that the consequence for failing to make it right out of NXT was going to be immediate banishment. Unless the crime is crazier than is being reported or there are deeper issues, this really seems like an unfounded release. I guess it may also go along with the cost cutting measures - in fact, I wouldn't be very surprised if that was the real issue at stake here, the WWE looking for any excuse to cut a talent right now. I can't imagine it's good for morale, though.

From what I can tell Emma is more a wrestler than a model, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her hit the indies soon and she could possibly be on TNA's radar, I would think.

This is an absolute OUTRAGE. The USO's get a DUI, Swagger gets caught with WEED, Cameron tries to Bribe a cop.
I doubt Emma intentionally stole a Chump Change phone case. This is down to WWE budget cuts, nothing more.
Double Standards.

I hate to hear this. I can only assume there was more to this than what meets the eye. As been pointed out, she didn't have any leverage apparently. I liked her in the ring but she didn't appear to click with the fans, the dance never got over and after her debut she quickly lost momentum. It's unfortunate. Perhaps there was a newly zero tolerance policy put in place and she just so happen to be the first example of clarity.

They Reinstated her.... How on earth can you be respected as a company when you fire someone before you have properly thought it through ?

I hate to hear this. I can only assume there was more to this than what meets the eye. As been pointed out, she didn't have any leverage apparently. I liked her in the ring but she didn't appear to click with the fans, the dance never got over and after her debut she quickly lost momentum. It's unfortunate. Perhaps there was a newly zero tolerance policy put in place and she just so happen to be the first example of clarity.

I bet if "Stone Cold" Steve Austin was still around, and beating women, or Randy Orton was violating Wellness yet again, or did the numerous backstage antics that he did, then the "zero-tolerance" injury wouldn't apply, because WWE value and make money off these people.

If you are a superstar in WWE, or have friends backstage, you can virtually do whatever you like and not much will happen to you. In fact, if you are a SCSA, John Cena or the like, you will get a slap on the wrist.

My advice to Emma. Make powerful friends backstage. Maybe become BFFs with Stephanie McMahon. Then, you can do whatever you like, and get away with it.

Maybe if Chris Benoit had more stroke, made main event money or had people with influence who had Vince's ear, then he might still be mentioned, or be in the HoF.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/emma-released-from-wwe-26450666

Upon further evaluation, WWE has reinstated Tenille Dashwood (WWE Diva Emma) but will take appropriate punitive action for her violation of the law.
Someone up there must really like Emma...I wish that I worked for a company like the WWE. A place where I could fuck up backstage and still have a tomorrow with my job. Maybe the WWE did overreact a little. When this kind of news is in the mainstream media like that it isn't a good look on any company really. I think that the E should have just suspended Emma opposed to releasing her, unlike that one WWE diva who thinks she's Nikki Manaj.

Probation is in order for miss Emma though. She was saved by the bell this time.

I bet if "Stone Cold" Steve Austin was still around, and beating women, or Randy Orton was violating Wellness yet again, or did the numerous backstage antics that he did, then the "zero-tolerance" injury wouldn't apply, because WWE value and make money off these people.

If you are a superstar in WWE, or have friends backstage, you can virtually do whatever you like and not much will happen to you. In fact, if you are a SCSA, John Cena or the like, you will get a slap on the wrist.

My advice to Emma. Make powerful friends backstage. Maybe become BFFs with Stephanie McMahon. Then, you can do whatever you like, and get away with it.

Maybe if Chris Benoit had more stroke, made main event money or had people with influence who had Vince's ear, then he might still be mentioned, or be in the HoF.

Come on man you can't be this oblivious. This is how it goes in the real world. Look at numerous amount of people get away with things on a daily basis. Tyson rapes a woman, bites off an ear and still was able to carry on boxing. Donte' Stallworth kills a man behind the wheel while impaired, for away with a year long suspension and 30 days in jail.

Look around this just doesn't go on in WWE but just about everywhere else. Like I said we still don't know the full details of the situation with Emma and only drawing discussion off what is read.

Just like on many jobs outside the entertainment world, how valuable you are to the company dictates your stay depending on what you've done to create a sticky situation for yourself. Often times that's how it goes - it can be swept under the rug. Not saying that it's right but that's just how it goes. Money, power, respect.

Someone up there must really like Emma...I wish that I worked for a company like the WWE. A place where I could fuck up backstage and still have a tomorrow with my job. Maybe the WWE did overreact a little. When this kind of news is in the mainstream media like that it isn't a good look on any company really. I think that the E should have just suspended Emma opposed to releasing her, unlike that one WWE diva who thinks she's Nikki Manaj.

Probation is in order for miss Emma though. She was saved by the bell this time.

Glad I'm not the only one who just instantly thinks "Nicki Minaj" whenever Cameron comes on. One of the worst Divas I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot.

Anyway, this is great news to wake up to. We all make mistakes. I'm even more surprised that the WWE took a pretty big decision this quickly before changing their minds. In a perverse way, this may actually help Emma's career more than anything, she wasn't going anywhere being Santino's love interest. I'm sure she'll spend some time off TV to let this all blow over, but maybe they'll have something different lined up for her on her return.

Jesus Christ how can you even make a statement like this. Chris Benoit has been wiped off the slate because he's a wife/child murdering son of a bitch, who hopefully is rotting in hell as I type this. The day he goes into the HOF is the day the WWE officially goes into the crapper for me.

As for Emma, WTF is going on at the WWE, firing her and then re-hiring her back almost immediately. And we thought the only problem with them was creative. Seems the whole company are run by idiots. She should never have been fired in the first place. Pay back what you owe, then do the community service and be done with it. Her biggest problem is going to be getting into Canada with a record. Getting in here is a fucking nightmare.

First off there has been a lot of outrage, rightfully so over the hypocrisy of the situation. But that's not why they relented.

The problem is that it would literally open the floodgates. Imagine if on Friday Roman Reigns was arrested for DUI or an Assault... or Orton accused of another issue with a Diva or John Cena was deemed to have not co-operated with a police officer and arrested.

They'd have to immediately fire them or the outcry would be huge. While Emma was not an employee, she may also have had a case in court for unfair termination of contract with the records of some of her peers. The idea of the bigger names being treated favorably is one thing but them "getting away" with things only works if the smaller guys do as well. WalMart may also have had a say, seeing the negative reaction they may have panicked and relented on their stance.

Perhaps Vince saw "shoplifting" thought "thief" and misjudged the locker room reaction to her, thinking they'd be against her and distrustful. From what it sounds SOMEONE went to bat for her... now that could be anyone, but it's gonna be someone with major "stroke" cos this IS unprecedented.

Emma doesn't "owe" anyone anything, but someone had her back that's for sure and that's very good to see in a WWE where people have been needlessly wasted because of "politics". Perhaps someone pointed out the NEED talents of her level and the amount invested in her to date was more than Vince realised? Perhaps someone pointed out that half the roster have a record? Perhaps they pointed out she doesn't appear to have actually been convicted of anything, merely taken a "no contest"? Perhaps she's banging someone who got pissed off? Maybe the locker room were so mad they threatened to strike for her lol Who knows but it's a victory for a roster that is pretty well getting shit on by the company right now with delayed pay offs, not being told about bonuses and things like dress codes being reimposed.

One thing to remember, HR/Talent relations isn't run by wrestling people any more but people they brought in. They may have a list of "fireable offences" and gone from it, only for Hunter to say "WHOA!"

The "punitive" punishment is she will be off TV and probably sent back to NXT till the hoopla dies down/is forgotten. She HAS embarrassed the company after all, so "scot free" isn't gonna work. But she'd rather be in NXT for another 6 months to a year employed than not.

It's more worrying that again WWE's thinking/management does not seem joined up. It's wobbling badly already from the SEC accusations and stock drop... now they're botching what should be simple HR issues in public.

The amount of overreaction on this thread is appalling!
Not as much as that of my uncivilized Indian countrymen who got butthurt because Sharapova doesn't know who Tendulkar is, but still.
This is why you fools will never be incharge of anything in your pathetic, miserable lives and continue being judgemental, defame people without knowing the full story, and be jackasses in general. Even WWE higher ups would call you hypocrites.
*phew*
Turns out, it was all an accident. That son of a ghetto skank employee who called the police on a simple misunderstanding, should be given a healthy dose of flogging on his ass so that he doesn't contribute to such a level of douchebagness anymore. I feel bad for Emma. From the humiliation of being arrested for no fault of hers, to being thought a thief by most people, c0cksuckers on the internet calling her names and defaming her further, even being released by the born hypocrites.. It was a terrible day for her.
She should file a defamation suit against Walmart. One, it would teach them a lesson. Two, it would get that jabroni clerk fired. Three, WWE will see that she has major grapefruits and might give her a push.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back