• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: *RUMORED* Change And *POTENTIAL* Spoiler To Lesnar VS. Reigns

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
There's a report on the main page and some other sites indicating a potential change in the WrestleMania main event.

The report states that Reddit user MetsFan4Ever, who is a former WWE backstage employee that's broken a lot of stories regarding WWE over the past year or so & has uploaded various show scripts in the past, reports that there are several people at last night's SD! tapings claiming that the latest word is that Brock Lesnar will sign a new deal and remain in WWE. MetsFan4Ever alleges that, according to his source within the company, Roman Reigns isn't getting the sort of reaction that the company had expected and that Triple H is pushing the idea to Vince of having Lesnar retain the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania.

Ordinarily, I don't give these sorts of rumors a second thought but this MetsFan4Ever guy does seem to have pretty legit & credible sources within WWE based on past accuracy. At the same time, there's no way to know it's true until WrestleMania. The part of Reigns not getting the sort of response WWE management was expecting strikes me as almost little too convenient but, at the same time, since they underestimated Daniel Bryan's popularity last year, it's entirely possible that they overestimated Reigns' popularity this year.

IF a new deal has been reached or is about to be reached, they're going to keep it as quiet as possible with only a very small handful of people being aware of it. At the same time, it's not impossible that this rumor is intentionally designed to get around, generate buzz and keep fans from crapping all over the match for WrestleMania.

Wondering if this is another swerve to stop fans from crapping all over the main event and sell tickets. If Lesnar stays and I have no problem really if he does, then he can't stay as champ.

I read the report that you're talking about, and they also indicate that both the other titles IC and US would be elevated. Nothing wrong with that, but we also need the WWE champ out there defending that title. So if Lesnar retains he has to work more shows and at least show up on PPV's, not defend the title once every 3 months. This isn't the UFC and WWE fans are a different breed.

Wonder what this will do to Reigns if it does happen though? Everyone and his brother, Bryan, Heyman and now Mark Henry has been trying to put this guy over, and the fans are still not behind him. The WWE might have to take a step back and reevaluate the situation.

I know ratings supposedly don't matter like they used to and ratings are not the end all be all but USA and Vince can not be happy with ratings during Mania season. I can't blame this all on Reigns, in fact I would go as far as saying none of it is Reigns fault (except for the fact that as my wife pointed out - he has baby teeth).

On top of that they don't seem to be doing much to promote the next Raw on Raw. I never leave an episode with something i want to watch next week.

Then again, it is hard to believe Vince would let the heel win to end Mania and to give up on his prized pupil at Mania of all places.

See, I can say that this rumour could be true, because I can actually believe that the WWE would blame the sucky Mania build on Reigns.

However, they themselves are the reason RR is in a deep pit at this point since they booked him into such a position on his return from injury and then with Brock's limited dates, they have kept the 2 apart for whatever reason and that has totally deflated the Main Event going into Mania.

Anyways, it seems a touchy situation for sure, and I can't see this direction as making much sense(which is why WWE will probably go in such a way) as Reigns will probably be hurt badly from it, as opposed to just turning the guy full heel and letting him be the new Next Big Thing and letting him hone his skills for the next year or so whilst attempting to book him more sensibly.

Oh, and Brock as Champion beyond Mania? ONLY if they can somehow get more dates out of him and not be so obvious with whom they are positioning to "conquer" him eventually.

See, I can say that this rumour could be true, because I can actually believe that the WWE would blame the sucky Mania build on Reigns.

So you're saying it's not going to be Miz's fault anymore? :rolleyes:

Considering their possible (really hard to believe they're doubting themselves at this point) second thoughts on Reigns being the face champion after WM31, I would have absolutely no problem with Heyman screwing Lesnar and Reigns being the next Heyman guy. It would work best for everyone if... and this is a huge if... Lesnar does leave. If he doesn't, they're not going to have Reigns and Lesnar be Heyman guys. It doesn't make any sense. How would it even unfold anyway?

I don't buy this rumour. On the off chance it's true though it only increases the likelihood that Rollins will leave the show as champion. If Reigns loses to Lesnar and he looks like a failure. If he beats Lesnar and Is then cheated it strengthens his babyface status.

If Lesnar stays and I have no problem really if he does, then he can't stay as champ.

Agreed. He's already worn the belt too long...... the title is frozen while the champion barely has anything to do with WWE......and if you bring it down to cases, the concept of Money in the Bank is rendered useless while there's no champion on whom to cash in. I'm sick of Seth Rollins walking around with the damn briefcase, but what else is he supposed to do?

Okay, how about this? Brock beats Roman Reigns at WM31, immediately loses the title he just worked so hard to defend when Rollins cashes in......and announces to the crowd: "Seth Rollins is a dead man! I'm signing a new contract and staying in WWE to win the &^%$#! title back from that &^%$#! son of a bitch!"

Meanwhile, Roman Reigns starts building up his status from this point and whether or not he wins the world title someday will depend on his professional development, as it should.

I COMPLETELY disagree. The champion should only defend the belt 3 or 4 times a year. He's the World Heavyweight Champion. He doesn't need to be at every Raw, or even very many. In the end, title shots are cheap booking, much like tournaments and any other cheap feud.

Keep the belt on Brock, let Cena and Bryan elevate the other two belts, and let's have gigantic spectacle Title Shots 4 times a year. Also, keep the belt on Brock for like 432 days or whatever the time is to take CM Punk's MASSIVELY undeserved push from the record books.

Sorry but I don't want Brock Lesnar walking out of WrestleMania 31 with the WWE championship, it will make Roman Reigns look really weak and all of this royal rumble and momentum build will be for nothing. I mean why take a chance with a young star if you are going to bury him in the end? Even if the crowd dosent like Roman Reigns they should still go with him winning if they want new stars, besides people at houseshows like Roman Reigns so it Is not like everyone hates it. I would still say to give the intercontinental championship and united states championship to Daniel Bryan and John Cena and make Intercontinental championship the main title of smackdown and the second most wanted title. It just wont make sense if Roman Reings loses as it will make the whole main event of wrestlemania a waste of time! I mean you went really far to push the guy now its too late to go back! If they want a happy wrestlemania ending then have Roman Reigns beat him and have Seth Rollns cash in his WWE money in the bank contract that moment and have Seth Rollins win! Everyone cheers when someone cashes in their money in the bank contract so it will be a happy ending. Plus it will push Seth Rollins as the biggest heel of the WWE and elevate Roman Reigns to being a stronger babyface without having him weak. Roman Reigns will still be known as winning the WWE championship and beating Brock Lesnar even if he loses the WWE title a few seconds later to Seth, it will give Roman Reigns a new awakening and having him feel that his former teammate stole his biggest moment in life and give him and Seth Rollins a strong story for the next few months. I mean this is the time we need to push new people as the biggest stars in WWE right? How can you do that if you wont let them have their moment to shine? The damage is done give Roman Reigns the win and if you have to then have Seth Rollins cash the money in the bank contract and win the title from him that moment

That reddit user has posted a lot of bullshit too.

However, I do think Brock will resign. I feel like he is just using UFC as leverage. Brock's got a sweet deal with his current WWE schedule. UFC is just his backup plan imo.

I would be surprised if Brock didn't drop the title at WM.

Regardless of if this is true or not, it is the best possible direction they can go in. Yes, Reigns is getting less boos than he was after the Rumble, but he is not nearly over as someone who could potentially end Lesnar's reign at WM should be. Maybe if he didn't get put out with that injury, things would be different, but you can't change what has already happened. In regards to those who say Lesnar has to lose, because he isn't around enough, I humbly disagree, as that is what the second part of the report leads to.

In regards to the U.S. Championship, Rusev could win & the title would still be extremely relevant, due to his dominance. However, seeing Cena hold & value the title would elevate it through the roof. With the IC Championship match, Dean Ambrose winning and holding it dearly to him would get it over, no doubt. But Bryan holding it would also elevate it that much higher (although I would like to see Ambrose finally get a moment, he does deserve it).

If, after WM, Brock still has the title and only defends it every second or third PPV, with the IC and US title still in the state they were the last while, it would suck, yes. However, if the previous scenario plays out, you could *easily* keep Brock as a special attraction. If you have Cena & Bryan main-eventing TV shows & house shows, while putting lots of attention to the fact that they are holding championships, and damn proud of it, that's all they need. The absence of Brock would hardly hurt, and his appearances would be that much more special, due to the fact that the other titles have been elevated so highly, yet he is still well above the rest.

I would laugh if Brock retained the title at WrestleMania and then re-signed with WWE. Doing something to see how many people he can fool and take on a ride is right up Vince's alley, so I can't say I would be surprised. Just like when The Streak ended, I wasn't at all surprised. In fact, right when they started announcing where WrestleMania 30 would be, I predicted that THAT would be the WrestleMania that The Streak would end at. The only thing I was surprised at is that it was Lesnar that did it.

So you're saying it's not going to be Miz's fault anymore? :rolleyes:

Considering their possible (really hard to believe they're doubting themselves at this point) second thoughts on Reigns being the face champion after WM31, I would have absolutely no problem with Heyman screwing Lesnar and Reigns being the next Heyman guy. It would work best for everyone if... and this is a huge if... Lesnar does leave. If he doesn't, they're not going to have Reigns and Lesnar be Heyman guys. It doesn't make any sense. How would it even unfold anyway?

That is indeed true, I guess in such a case, a double turn would have to be done, and maybe Brock could go on his own? He does have a part-time schedule anyway...

Edit: After reading Max's post above, I admit I did forget about the possbility of the two Top Faces in Cena and Bryan holding the Midcard titles which would definitely render Brock's PT schedule as not much of a problem going forward.

Making Reigns champ now can go either way, hell I dunno if he ll ever be universally liked anymore. So maybe just put the strap on him and get it over with coz thats what this has become.

Heyman, Brock come on TV every week and say things akin to "oooooooohhhh so you think he is gonna win do ya, coz you heard Brock is leaving, coz he is the golden goose, naaaaaaaah!" But everyone pretty much knows ye its gonna be Reigns.

The WWE gave Brock a phenomenal culmination to this, and what WWE wants is someone who looks like Reigns with the popularity of someone like D Bry. I dunno if its ever gonna happen. It could have though

Just two thoughts:

1. About Rollins and MITB. I realized a few weeks ago. Everyone is just thinking about the surprise sneek attack cash in. Everyone forgets that he can FORCE the champ to be there by declearing a cash in date like RVD and John Cena did. And hey, if the champ doesn't show, Rollins wins the title by forfit.

2. Since right before FastLane I thought they might maybe do a triple turn at Mania. First, Lesnar turns face when Heyman turn on him, secondly, causing Reigns turning heel winning the title. Thirdly, Rollins turns face, cashing in on an exhausted beaten new heel champ and new Heyman guy, Roman Reigns.

There's so much up in the air right now, none of us are in a good position to comment. And quite frankly this has smelled of a work to me for the last two or three weeks. In fact, it has been that way since Lesnar walked out on Monday Night Raw all those weeks ago. It seemed strange to me now but I'm actually starting to think that Vince and Brock are sitting back in their chairs watching us take a shit all over them and laughing all the way to the bank.

Remember when CM Punk was leaving the WWE and eventually signed at the last moment? He walked away from the company with the belt and everyone was stunned. How could this be, right? How likely is it that everyone wants to see that done properly by Brock Lesnar? It seems to me that Vince knows this is a contentious issues in the WWE Universe and wants to play it out. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised anymore of Lesnar had signed on weeks ago and they had managed to keep it a massive secret since them.

As for Mania, I'm not bothered about the main event and I assume I'm not alone. I'd prefer Lesnar to win but Roman will be an okay Champion for a while until the WWE realise that the fans don't want him as a Champion and cut it short in spectacular style. Realistically, Lesnar winning and staying is the best case scenario for everyone involved.

Just two thoughts:

1. About Rollins and MITB. I realized a few weeks ago. Everyone is just thinking about the surprise sneek attack cash in. Everyone forgets that he can FORCE the champ to be there by declearing a cash in date like RVD and John Cena did. And hey, if the champ doesn't show, Rollins wins the title by forfit.

2. Since right before FastLane I thought they might maybe do a triple turn at Mania. First, Lesnar turns face when Heyman turn on him, secondly, causing Reigns turning heel winning the title. Thirdly, Rollins turns face, cashing in on an exhausted beaten new heel champ and new Heyman guy, Roman Reigns.

That's too much of a clusterfuck to book. Your having 2 of your biggest heels turn face in one night and then your turning a guy who you not sure is ready into your biggest heel.

If they aren't comfortable with Reigns progression then the best thing to do would be to have Reigns and Brock have a kickass brawl using tables, chairs and all sorts of other weapons to get fans invested in the match. Then have Reigns pick up the win but have both men laid out. After that out comes Rollins to cash in. That way Reigns still gets to say he beats Brock but loses the title without been made to look weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back