Report: Likely Title Match For The Rumble

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to a report via PWInsider.com, a match for the WWE Tag Team Championship is expected to be part of the card. Cody Rhodes & Goldust, kinda unofficially known as The Brotherhood, are set to take on The New Age Outlaws. A singles match between Daniel Bryan & Bray Wyatt was reported to be part of the event, which would have either been announced at this week's SD! tapings or Raw this Monday. However, with Bryan having sustained a concussion, they need another match as there's currently just the Royal Rumble match itself, the WWE WHC rematch between Orton & Cena and Show vs. Lesnar.

If this match does go down, it could be pretty fun. The NAO are still able to go in the ring and I'm not really sure who wins. According to PWInsider.com, the NAO are expected to be around for at least another month, maybe even a WM match. At one time, and this has been a few months back, there was talk of Goldie turning on Cody around the time of the Royal Rumble in order to set up a match for them at WrestleMania. There've been no signs whatsoever of any friction but, then again, maybe WWE is keeping it that way so that it'll come as a big shock to a lot of people, if they haven't scrapped the idea or pushed it back. After all, we didn't expect to see Bryan join The Wyatt Family & suddenly turn on them 2 weeks later.

The NOA could never go unless they had a gimmick match to aid them.

They're as good a team as any to take the titles off Rhodes & Goldust. Though I think they should hold off until/around WrestleMania. You're insane if you think Goldust vs. Cody is a big enough match to make it on a Mania card. Especially this year.

It would be a fun addition to the card and I think at this point Goldust and Cody should remain a tag team as they are greater than the sum of their parts, splitting them for a match that would be an after thought with a short run time on a card as stacked as Mania 30 will be does nobody any favours.

This is one of those matches that are hard to call. By rights, you would think it's an easy win for the Brotherhood since the Old Age Outlaws are hardly deemed a threat to the title.....for the simple reason that they're here just as a novelty, and just for a short run (presumably).

The problem is that Cody & Goldust have been losing matches like nobody's business. I've never seen such a strange tag team title reign; they've engaged in only a couple of title contests in which their belts are at stake..... and in the non-title affairs, they usually lose.

For that reason....and since it's a PPV....I wonder if the Outlaws couldn't grab a short title reign for themselves. I won't predict that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I like this idea, it's something fantastic for the midcard - in one hand you have a legendary and very entertaining tag team and on the other hand you have the current tag team champions, that despite losing some matches, the ones that count they are able to win it decisively (and that's all I ask for a great tag team). It's going to be a nostalgic match and I hope they let them work a smart match. The crowd will be very into the match, even if the story is weak (which it isn't, since the NAO have won some buzz with CM Punk).

I also don't know if the WWE wouldn't pull the plug here on the end of the so called "Brotherhood". As much as I love them as a tag team, I've just accepted that with the goal being a match between brothers at WrestleMania and that always sells. Cody Rhodes has proven to be a good villain, but so as Goldust and it could be an intriguing story going forward for them, and they do are, big enough for a singles match at WrestleMania.

As far as the tag team division goes, I would like to see The Usos finally getting the championship out of a respectable tag team like the New Age Outlaws. Without noticing, WWE has pushed The Usos to be one of the best and most consistent and strong teams in the company and I'm expecting 2014 to be their year. Let's wait and see. As far as a match on paper, I'm already happy. I love both teams and I'm sure they can work just fine and most important, it's fresh.

Makes sense.

Cody and Goldust have done all they can do as Tag Champs. They passed the expiration date back at TLC, and now they're just going through the motions as champs.

The New Age Outlaws could win the titles at the Rumble for a brief run until Wrestlemania. They have the credibility, and Road Dog and Billy Gun can still go in the ring. The New Age Outlaws are a nostalgia act, and they have a limited shelf life, so you can't expect a lengthy title run. At Wrestlemania XXX, they can drop the titles to The Usos, because it's clear The Usos are next in line for a shot as Tag Team Champions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back