• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: Daniel Bryan To Return To Action Before The Royal Rumble

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to wrestlinginc.com, it's being advertised that we'll see Daniel Bryan inside the squared circle to wrestle before the Royal Rumble. It's been announced that Bryan will "return to action" on next week's debut episode of SmackDown! on Thursday night. Bryan is also advertised for upcoming house shows in St. Louis, New Mexico and Colorado against Kane and Luke Harper respectively. Bryan's also scheduled to appear on this Monday's episode of Raw, which I'm guessing could be used to hype his in-ring return and announce who he'll be facing on SmackDown! next Thursday.

Nothing but good news. I am just hoping that the guy is fully fit and ready for what lies ahead.

Bryan vs Brock is a story that writes itself, given how last WrestleMania went.

Indeed, the Authority will go after him again, but we have to look at the fact that Bryan overcame Orton, Batista and HHH himself already at WrestleMania. Also expect him to go over Kane quickly as well probably at Fast Lane, which means that an easy story could be HHH doing what he did back at SummerSlam with Cena(Plan B, anyone?), but this time, he will unleash the Beast Incarnate on the Beard at Mania with the hopes that Brock Lesnar can once and for all, put away the "B+" player on behalf of the Authority.

Maybe her returns to action before the Rumble so people are marginally less excited to see him in that match. Fans will still lap it up, but if it was his first in-ring action in 9 months fans would be even more rabid. We all know WWE are backwards so maybe they're doing it because they still plan for Reigns to win the Rumble. Or maybe it's to make Smackdown interesting for a change.

Nothing but great newsand ill be at the st louis show so I cant wait to seechim in action. But I dont think I will be Lesnar vs Bryan because I dont think Lesnar will be the champ at mania what if you have Bryan and Reigns tie an have them two face Rollins in a triple threat match at mania

Yeah he can get into the ring and have some decent matches to prove the fans that he's still fit enough to be the WWE world champion. They can't make him look stronger by just coming to the rumble and eliminate 5 or 6 superstars. He just need to prove everyone that his technical skills haven't faded yet. I would love to see his return

Smart move by the WWE. Even though Bryan is liked by the masses unlike Batista, Bryan winning the RR as his first match back would suck for the talent like Ziggler, Stardust etc who been wrestling for months.

Great,WWE has done a great move by putting Bryan into ring before Rumble. But,he badly needs a win over a tough competitor. And for the mania, personally i don't want to see Bryan vs Lesnar at Mania and on the other hand i also don't want Bryan being eliminated at Rumble. I want Bryan to win the rumble and then go behind Rollins for the title. It would also involve the authority. It must be great for Bryan to defeat Rollins at Mania. Bryan vs Rollins will be a great matchup. Two technical wrestlers fighting for the gold. Perfect main event.

Smart move by the WWE. Even though Bryan is liked by the masses unlike Batista, Bryan winning the RR as his first match back would suck for the talent like Ziggler, Stardust etc who been wrestling for months.

Please don't tell me you think Stardust should main event WrestleMania... Cody Rhodes should one day, though.

Please don't tell me you think Stardust should main event WrestleMania... Cody Rhodes should one day, though.

Oh no! Cody Rhodes. Remember around late 2013-early Fall 2013, when Cody was getting over as a face feuding with Sandow and The Shield? That's the Cody Rhodes I'm talking about.

Coming back from being out for so long with an injury and then being given the RR win is just a slap in the face to the other guys but that's how the WWE operates. I don't think he should be back in the ring but he's married to wrestling.

My main concern is that Bryan hasn't really recovered and is taking a major risk by coming back. Not long ago, they were talking about another surgery and suddenly he's announcing his return? I wouldn't be surprised if his shoulder is still messed up. I'm fine with him winning the Rumble though because while some might feel it's unfair to the other workers, Bryan is the only one over enough to make it happen.

Unless a heel wins.

It is a good move to bring Daniel back before the Rumble and let him get some in ring action, get all the rust out. I would be perfectly fine with Daniel winning the Rumble if Roman is not ready, but I would hope that Seth wins the Championship match. I know there are other wrestlers that have been there working hard while Daniel has been out but are those wrestlers ready to take that next step, I can't see to many who are.

I have a feeling WWE is putting Daniel Bryan on a test run to see if he's ready to win the Rumble and face the WWE WHC at Wrestlemania. I fully expect Lesnar to retain at the Rumble, and if Bryan is headed for a physical match with Lesnar, they want to be 100% sure he's good to go with no real question marks. If Bryan's not 100%, and his health raises some red flags, WWE can go with Ambrose to win the Rumble, and you still have Ziggler and Reigns as possible wild card choices.

If Lesnar VS Bryan happens at Wrestlemania 31, Brock Lesnar needs to be Brock Lesnar in the ring. He needs to be a ferocious monster or "The Beast Incarnate" inside in the ring to deliver the ultimate David VS Goliath showdown.

If Lesnar holds back, if he only goes 50% for his usual match style, then we're looking at a watered-down end result, and in the end, that's not going to help Bryan. If WWE's plans for Lesnar involve him dropping the WWE WHC at Mania for a once in a lifetime rub, then Bryan needs to defeat a seemingly unstoppable monster.

I heard a theory that Bryan hasn't recovered and that his announcement was just to hype up the rumble, but he will be storyline injured on Smackdown. I REALLY hope this isn't the case, but it still seems odd that he'd make that announcement when the last we had heard about his injury- it wasn't looking too good.

I heard a theory that Bryan hasn't recovered and that his announcement was just to hype up the rumble, but he will be storyline injured on Smackdown. I REALLY hope this isn't the case, but it still seems odd that he'd make that announcement when the last we had heard about his injury- it wasn't looking too good.

He looked pretty fit when he was beating down Kane last night. Also, I doubt the WWE pulls a fast one like that just to 'hype' the Rumble. Makes zero sense and could cause more damage than just leaving Bryan out altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back