• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: Another legend gone part-time!?!

That N Word

Actively evolving
According to The Wrestling Observer, Randy Orton apparently has a new deal with WWE which allows him to work a limited live events schedule, and he no longer works full-time on the road. So Randy Orton, is the newest part-timer and I have to say it is well deserved and a smart move by Randy if he wants to stay longer than he can. I mean he isn't getting any younger he is about 37 now. He is very healthy but there is nothing left to do as a full-timer for him. What are your thoughts??

I think Ortan is 34 but how come wwe can give ortan easy schedule over others.
Kurtangle , Jeff and other big performers were told no when they asked for it and Ortan got it at the age of 34.

He's 34, and imo, he hasn't earned part time status yet. Especially when the WWE roster is thin on top tier heels and faces.

He put in his time. Time for Bryan, Wyatts and the Shield trio to carry the houseshows.

According to The Wrestling Observer, Randy Orton apparently has a new deal with WWE which allows him to work a limited live events schedule, and he no longer works full-time on the road. So Randy Orton, is the newest part-timer and I have to say it is well deserved and a smart move by Randy if he wants to stay longer than he can. I mean he isn't getting any younger he is about 37 now. He is very healthy but there is nothing left to do as a full-timer for him. What are your thoughts??

As long as he's still on RAW or SD every week, to me he's not a part timer. Cena doesn't work a full road schedule either, and he's not a part timer.

RVD, Jericho and other who come in for a couple of months a year are part timers, not guys like Orton. Besides if the reports are true his road shows aren't anything to write home about. He garnered heat this summer with bad matches against Reings. Mind you when I saw the two of them in July, both were pretty good. I also don't think he's as old as you say he is.

This isn't rocket science people...

He is on a last strike and they have clearly noticed a change in his attitude/happiness levels. Historically when he gets these he fucks up on Wellness and gets suspended. He still has several years of his deal left, 3 or 4 so they are protecting their investment as much as possible by minimising his road time. They do this with Kane/Show/Henry for slightly different reasons. It means Orton will rotate in and out of the show like they do, he can go off for a few months get the fuckwitery out of his system and then come back renewed once a year.

It's not a reward as such, it could even be seen as a "look, we know you are phoning it in so we're sending you home more often." They're hoping that with more time with his daughter he will perhaps focus more and if he wants to act a knob when he's off that's fine... it minimises their risk. "new deal" doesn't mean he signed a new contract, they may just have renegotiated his current one for less with less time being the carrot.

He still has several years of his deal left, 3 or 4 so they are protecting their investment as much as possible by minimising his road time.

It's quite a contrast, no? On the one hand, he's done enough to have merited working less than the general populace on the roster.....but on the other hand, the company might be mitigating his chances of screwing up again by saying, in effect: "If he goes crazy when spending too much time on the road, let's reduce his time on the road."

If you find that to be a contradiction, feature this: He's been close to the edge several times with WWE (in addition to the times we never heard about), yet the company felt they couldn't afford to banish him for good.

Hell, you've accomplished something in your career when you've reached the status Randy Orton apparently has. How it all sits with the rest of the folks on the roster is up for question, but if it benefits the employee and the organization, I guess you've got to go with it.

(Translation: A man can't tear up a hotel room if he's sitting at home)

Well, IF this means there will be more room at the top for new up-and-comers to take that spot then I'm all for it. Hopefully this also means we'll see some main events that don't include Cena or Orton. I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty sure that all the main events on PPV's and a fair percentage of RAW/SmackDown/house shows over the past several years have included either Cena and/or Orton. So, if this is true and Orton gets to go home for a few weeks or months at a time then it's win-win for him and for us. Now if only they could somehow work it out with Cena for him to take time off every so often.

Okay I don't know what this truly means but this is all good in my eyes. As mentioned, Orton is notoriously bad after a while with his fits. And really he deserves it. He and Cena have been just about the only constant in 10 years. Argue all you want but he deserves it. 12 time world champion. To the same extent Cena deserves it too. But I think it just means he won't be doing house shows. and honestly I don't care. I'm sure some people do but I don't really view them as canon(if that makes sense)...so let him work his 2/3 days a week instead of 6!

I'm fine with it. The guy has been on the active roster for what? Twelve years now?

You only get one body in this life and if Orton thinks he should go part time and protect himself a bit than who are we to judge him?

Probly just means he won't be doing house shows. No way that WWE will allow him to become a proper Part-Timer just like that given the Main Event is very thin.

That said; Right now, even with a Main Event scene containing Orton himself, 3 others and......Kane... Orton is basically an after-thought(though that could change in a couple of weeks).

lMO; If the WWE can get guys like the Shield trio, Bray, Cesaro and maybe a couple of others to join the likes of Cena and Bryan as fixed Main Eventers, then Orton can be given an 'extended vacation'.

This type of contract seems to benefit wrestlers and WWE, but leave the fans without benefit. This allows the Wrestlers to have an easier schedule, and helps WWE with their longevity. They will get twice as much time out of Orton as they would have, if he had a solid good 4 years left in the tank, now he has 7 or 8 as a part timer.
The fans however will see less of these superstars who have these lucrative part time deals.

To be honest, I wonder what the financials look like from House Shows. Because I can't see the benefit of them whatsoever.

I know some people hate on Orton sometimes, but it's time to get over all the "he doesn't deserve" bullshit that people keep tossing about. Forget the storylines in which he's protected and the angles where Triple H is sometimes referred to as his "daddy" because Orton's earned the spot he's had on the roster. Just because he's not a physically broken down middle age man doesn't automatically mean he shouldn't be eligible to work a part time schedule. Randy Orton's one of the guys that management has really liked since day 1 and detractors have continuously tried to make it seem as though he's been "handed" everything. That's all well and good for a storyline, but it's not how things actually are. I know it kills some to admit that WWE knows what they're doing sometimes or that guys upper management likes deserves the push and accolades they receive, but get the fuck over it already.

Randy Orton's success in WWE has been something of a double edged sword. On one hand, Orton was a young stud when he came to WWE and Vince McMahon saw dollar signs. As a result, Orton was given a very strong, very prominent push almost from the moment he debuted on the roster. He was given the push and has been consistently at the top because, frankly, Orton delivers and has delivered the vast majority of the time. On the other hand, that same level of consistently strong booking, for the most part, has caused a healthy number of people, especially internet smarks, to get burned out on him. There's genuine weight to it that goes beyond people hating on Orton. I'm a fan of the guy, but I'm also burned out on him. It's easy to see why when you factor in Orton's achievements in that so many of them came in a relatively short amount of time. He was a former IC & tag team champion, a Royal Rumble winner, feuded with the biggest names in the company numerous times and a six time World Champion in WWE all before he reached the age of 30. Basically, WWE crammed a good 12-15 year's worth of career highlights and accomplishments into about 5.5 years. As a result, Orton's been plagued by the fact that people just aren't as excited to see him in the top spot because he's long since done it all against everybody. I mean, what's left? What do you do with someone who reached the upper most levels of the company before he's even 30 years old?

People have been wanting to see something refresh Orton for a while, so maybe a part time schedule will do it. He may ultimately be used to feud with young, up & coming guys and put them over, which might be the fest thing for him. If Orton does something to screw it up, then it's on him. He's a 34 year old man responsible for his own choices and decisions.

If that means we'll see less Orton I could be really happy about this decision. Now just turn Cena's contract into a Legend contract and we could be going somewhere.

As long as he's still on RAW or SD every week, to me he's not a part timer. Cena doesn't work a full road schedule either, and he's not a part timer.

RVD, Jericho and other who come in for a couple of months a year are part timers, not guys like Orton. Besides if the reports are true his road shows aren't anything to write home about. He garnered heat this summer with bad matches against Reings. Mind you when I saw the two of them in July, both were pretty good. I also don't think he's as old as you say he is.

Yeah this. Orton is still a full-timer as far as on-screen and thus canon are concerned.

Jack-Hammer said:
I know some people hate on Orton sometimes, but it's time to get over all the "he doesn't deserve" bullshit that people keep tossing about. Forget the storylines in which he's protected and the angles where Triple H is sometimes referred to as his "daddy" because Orton's earned the spot he's had on the roster. Just because he's not a physically broken down middle age man doesn't automatically mean he shouldn't be eligible to work a part time schedule. Randy Orton's one of the guys that management has really liked since day 1 and detractors have continuously tried to make it seem as though he's been "handed" everything. That's all well and good for a storyline, but it's not how things actually are. I know it kills some to admit that WWE knows what they're doing sometimes or that guys upper management likes deserves the push and accolades they receive, but get the fuck over it already.

Bah gawd did this ever need saying. Orton's put the years in and he'll still be wrestling every week for at least the next 4 years most likely.

As for whether this frees up main-event space, unfortunately that's probably not the case as he will likely still be in high profile angles on TV. Sorry and all, I can see that being a disappointment to some people.

To be honest, I wonder what the financials look like from House Shows. Because I can't see the benefit of them whatsoever.

Well it gives them the chance to sell out more arenas and take the show to places who never get a Raw or Smackdown. Take the UK - there's like two shows here a year - on TV. But the tour goes on all week and they just about reach all the biggest cities in the country. So that's gotta be significant revenue if you ask me.

It means Orton will rotate in and out of the show like they do, he can go off for a few months get the fuckwitery out of his system and then come back renewed once a year.

Okay hold on a second here did I miss something. I thought he was just working a limited road schedule not a limited TV schedule.

And like I said before, he's not Brock Lesnar, RVD or Jericho who we see sporadically throughout the year, we see Orton every week on RAW. If he is a legitimate part timer then we won't be seeing him on a weekly basis right?

I'm a little confused now with all the different messages put forth on this thread now.

Looks like Orton got himself 1 hell of a deal. How lockerroom will react and what it all leading to in near future...we shall see, hope nothing bad.

Benefit is big, imagine - no need for the giant RAW set, no need for all the lights, no need for TV cameras, no need in big amount of computer guys, no need in special guests...saves ALOT of money.

He deserves it, imo. I don't believe he is phoning it really. I mean look, when they gave him that horrible out of nowhere feud with Reigns that lasted a day, they ran the angle when he became "dangerous" again. And he delivered in that segment. Orton phoning it is usually WWE's problem really. The guy has been missused for such a long time now. He's been put in main events and all that but he's been handled so poorly and it's a shame really, as these past 2-3 years they could have done way more with him.

But I think as long as he is on for RAW and Smackdown, he's still full time. I dont really care what happens on the non televised stuff.

If it extends Orton's career for a few years then it's a good move for everyone.

The amount of stress the body goes through having to keep up with a f/t WWE schedule has took a lot of years of wrestlers careers and it wouldn't surprise me if we see more of this in years to come.

Maybe it's a reward for turning him face in the near future? :D He's been quite outspoken about he much prefers to be a heel. (I'm kidding).

Less is more when it comes to randy and lets face it.. the way he's been booked he probably said I'm working less or I'm working elsewhere.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/518383-vickie-guerrero-declines-sd-15-invite

From main page. Just so we're 100% clear, Orton has personally confirmed that this whole thing is nonsense:

Orton Responds to Part-Time Report

Earlier this week The Wrestling Observer reported Randy Orton and WWE had agreed to lessen Orton’s road schedule, and he will only be working a part-time live events schedule. Orton responded to the report by posting the following on Twitter:

Randy Orton ✔ @RandyOrton
Follow
It's come to my attention the net is stating I signed a new deal with lesser dates. Remember people, you can't believe everything you read!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back