Kurt Angle's Brilliant Take on CM Punk

If Punk is done then he at least deserves to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame a la Edge because as soon as Edge was done he was inducted so why not Punk? Especially if he plans on never coming back might as well have him return only to be inducted but as for Kurt Angle I see him returning either way to WWE one way or another

I would hardly call Angle brilliant. Anybody can say that in an "after the fact" situation about one of the most unique headliners we've ever seen. I could have done the exact same thing Angle said he could do. It doesn't take a very smart person to say, "Hey work hard for a few more years because then your stock will be through the roof as a part-timer." No kidding. Give it a few more weeks and I'm sure Hogan will tell you he could have done the same thing as well.

I was fascinated by Kurt Angle's comment because it added an extra layer to the discussion. I don't know of anybody who said anything similar to what Angle said. Do you? Also, you said it was easy for Angle to give his views post ex de facto. Sure, solutions are easier in hindsight. Does that mean analyses are purposeless? Speaking in hindsight doesn't make his comments any less insightful.

Perception is an interesting thing. Kurt Angle has a few skeletons in the closet: he's abused drugs, been arrested for DUI, and has said strange things on Twitter. Thus, some see him as a clown. But if Daniel Bryan or Cesaro were to offer the exact same words towards Punk that Angle did, I guarantee the ridicule would be non-existent. Angle's checkered moments do not detract from the vast wisdom he has acquired over the years.

I was fascinated by Kurt Angle's comment because it added an extra layer to the discussion. I don't know of anybody who said anything similar to what Angle said. Do you? Also, you said it was easy for Angle to give his views post ex de facto. Sure, solutions are easier in hindsight. Does that mean analyses are purposeless? Speaking in hindsight doesn't make his comments any less insightful.

Perception is an interesting thing. Kurt Angle has a few skeletons in the closet: he's abused drugs, been arrested for DUI, and has said strange things on Twitter. Thus, some see him as a clown. But if Daniel Bryan or Cesaro were to offer the exact same words towards Punk that Angle did, I guarantee the ridicule would be non-existent. Angle's checkered moments do not detract from the vast wisdom he has acquired over the years.

I don't think Angle's history has anything to do with it. Punk left 7 months ago. That's hindsight. It took him 7 months to basically say "Punk if you wouldn't have left WWE would have let you be a part timer sooner or later." It's not really great insight, honestly it's kind of obvious. With the exception of Brock, who else is a part timer who didn't stay for long? I don't think personally it matters who says it, Mark Calloway could say it and I'd look at him like, genius Taker, no one else could have said that :p

I don't think Angle's history has anything to do with it. Punk left 7 months ago. That's hindsight. It took him 7 months to basically say "Punk if you wouldn't have left WWE would have let you be a part timer sooner or later." It's not really great insight, honestly it's kind of obvious. With the exception of Brock, who else is a part timer who didn't stay for long? I don't think personally it matters who says it, Mark Calloway could say it and I'd look at him like, genius Taker, no one else could have said that :p

I already commented that Angle's views were in hindsight. Speaking of any past event is speaking in hindsight. Angle could have made the comment three years from now. It no one else is saying it, Angle is adding something original to the discussion.

AJ is an interesting person in the whole CM Punk situation. One would think her decision to marry Punk would put her in a bad place in WWE. But she is still featured as a top Diva, if not THE top Diva. Perhaps that is an olive branch from WWE to Punk, or maybe WWE making good use of their best Diva, or as a way to set her up for a dramatic descent. I'm holding out hope that Punk will come back. I don't see his prolonged absence as a way to gain leverage later... especially if Triple H feels disrespected in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back