• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: Alleged Skepticism On Roman Reigns

Yeah, I'm so NOT looking forward to Reigns vs Lesnar. We know what happened the last time Lesnar wrestled a match at Mania when he was about to leave the company, and Reigns has hd just one good match under his belt, and that was against a very good worker named Randy Orton.

I'd personally have Reigns feud with Show all the way to WrestleMania. I know some people hate Show like the plague but I think that he always works better as a heel. It would be a very good launching pad for someone like Reigns. A well booked Big Show is always a credible threat.

Going slightly off topic, I'd also take the title off Lesnar and have him face either Orton or Bryan. Both matches will be very fresh. I'd like it to be Bryan maybe with added stipulations like his career being on the line. The Daniel Bryan push was the best story of the WWE last year and it shouldn't really stop.

For the WWE title? Yeah, it's a headscratcher for me, but how about Cena vs Rollins? Have Rollins win the Royal Rumble becoming the first person to walk into WrestleMania having 2 shots at the title and have him lose both of them by the end of the night.

Some people can jump into a character and do it comfortably and others can't. Maybe Reigns is not comfortable being a public speaker and having him memorize a promo makes it worse. He's just very green overall unlike Ambrose and Rollins who had years learning their craft being themselves. Can he get better? Absolutely but his shield character out of NXT was as the muscle of the team while Dean and Seth had the moves and psychology down.

I just don't see how anyone in WWE thinks he is ready to take on Brock at mania. I don't know how this fued would even work. Reigns would look like a fool during every promo against Paul.

I totally agree with thinking Ziggler had taken Reign's spot. It seems that Roman couldn't return in time, which meant they placed Ziggler in his spot, that would have been used to build up Reigns into a legitimate threat for Lesnar.
If that is the case and they continue to build Reigns and Ziggler up for the rumble pay-per-view, and also have Ziggler screwed out of his title with the Harper/Rollins feud he has going on, then it could make interesting viewing to see which of the two head into the match favourite to casual fans, as that could decide who wins the match

Or he's still being given heavily scripted promos and being policed on what to say instead of being more organic.

His personality is fine, I've watched a few videos that indicate as much and assure me it's simply the scripted nature of his promos rather than him. Some people are more comfortable with their own words, I highly doubt the wrestlers with great promo skills were also given scripts (CM Punk, Cena, Rock, Austin; CM Punk has said that he refused to be handed any scripts).

Oh his personality is great nothing wrong with that. When I've seen him in interviews he comes across just fine, soft spoken and answers questions well, and seems very polite.

Do you really think though that the WWE doesn't know his personality and when they do write his promo's they keep that in mind. There is no chance he gets the same promo's that an Ambrose or Rollins would. Let's face it Reigns promo's aren't that long and very much too the point. The problem is he can't even manage those ones.

It's almost like you can see him thinking too hard. Give him an outline and let him go with it, or bullet points. Then he can make it as short or as long a he wants. It might bring out some of his personality and not make it look like he's reading off a teleprompter.

Like others have said though, in a war of words between him and Heyman, it would be a massacre and not befitting the future world champion.

Roman Reigns isn't ready, and hopefully WWE is smart enough to know it. Daniel Bryan isn't ready to return yet, and it seems they're going with Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins for WrestleMania, so Orton is out. Dolph Ziggler is literally the only choice for the main event spot

Reigns reminds me of a football player who is initially drafted for size and athleticism rather than football acumen. The prevailing opinion can sometimes be that you can't teach size, so therefore, draft the sumbitch and teach him how to harness his size to make him a football player. WWE will (hopefully) work on Reigns' promos, but will breathe easy knowing they don't need to teach him to be a dastardly good-looking male wrestler with generational acumen and a zeal for the business.

I associated Drew McIntyre as like a top draft pick that WWE was high on but pushed him too soon and he wasn't ready so it destroyed him. Same goes for Randy Orton in 2004/2005 he was a great upper mid carder but when they tried to push him as the face of RAW it failed and took him almost 3 years to recover from that.

A top Draft pick is fine and dandy but regardless you still have to earn your spot in your roster if not you are destined to fail. I don't watch Football that much but I do watch Hockey. Look at Gilbert Brule he had potential and was a superstar in the making and still kind of a junior league legend in the city of Vancouver and even one point was the 2nd ranked prospect behind Sidney Crosby.

What happened? He was drafted high was pushed due to his potential and not current ability. He's now a shell of his former self and sadly couldn't even stay in the Euro leages.

Point is yes you can try and push someone to their potential like Reigns but if he's not at the point where he's ready to carry to be the face of the company it just hurts the product and the talent themselves (like Drew McIntyre).

I think ultimately though WWE is trying to make Reigns a top guy without the fan support for him to succeed. And WWE has had a piss poor track record when they try to make somoene a top face. Luger, Diesel, Brock Lesnar, and Randy Orton faltered as top faces to a varying degrees. Conversely recent successes in the WWE as top faces were Austin, Rock, Cena, and Batista and were all pushed after a few happy accidents.

Austin and The Rock were meant to be top heels that the fans ended up cheering for, Cena was about to be fired after he created a rapper gimmick that helped him move up from the midcard, and Batista's push exploded after Orton's push was fading and that tease angle with Triple H that the fans ate up.

I associated Drew McIntyre as like a top draft pick that WWE was high on but pushed him too soon and he wasn't ready so it destroyed him.

I was also thinking of the McIntyre example....and agree with the "destroyed" concept because not only was Drew taken off the road to stardom, but they "destroyed" him so thoroughly that there was no way he could ever be elevated to preferred status again while with WWE. Yet, during the subsequent years after his initial push, he made himself into a hell of a good ring worker, for all the good it did him.

Do you think McIntyre wasn't held in as high esteem when he first arrived as Roman Reigns? Think again. WWE management might give Reigns a longer chance to prove himself, but the example of McIntyre proves Roman had better get it right.....and in a hurry.

A performer can go a long way if he has the right look....in fact, sometimes the company gives him far too long a shot, but he eventually has to carry the goods by himself. Face it, sometimes a performer who looked great as part of a group simply can't cut it as a single.

Here's hoping that doesn't ultimately apply to Roman Reigns.....WWE needs people to carry us into the next decade.....and for better or worse, they've tagged him.

Point is yes you can try and push someone to their potential like Reigns but if he's not at the point where he's ready to carry to be the face of the company it just hurts the product and the talent themselves (like Drew McIntyre).

I think ultimately though WWE is trying to make Reigns a top guy without the fan support for him to succeed. And WWE has had a piss poor track record when they try to make somoene a top face. Luger, Diesel, Brock Lesnar, and Randy Orton faltered as top faces to a varying degrees. Conversely recent successes in the WWE as top faces were Austin, Rock, Cena, and Batista and were all pushed after a few happy accidents.

I agree completely and made a similar point a few pages back. If they push him and he doesn't work out, it could destroy what could have been a stellar career. Maybe Roman Reigns doesn't have the experience under his belt to weather a storm like that. The backlash from the fans and disapproval from WWE officials. So hopefully they will wait and take the time with him that he needs. So much could go wrong if they don't.

I've said time and time again. Roman reigns isn't ready to be a top star. He is way too green and hasnt proven himself yet. Or paid enough dues.
Only reason he is getting pushed is bc of his look and relation to the rock.
Reigns is not ready. He is no mic skills, limited and medicore wrestling ability, can barely wrestle a 8 min match, no charisma. And besides there are plenty of other wrestlers better than reigns in every aspect.
Reigns need to spend some time in the mid card before going to the main event. He needs time to develop his own character.
Reigns need to be in the mid card for 3 years before transitioning to the main event.
WWE needs to stop forcing wrestlers down our throats. Let it happen naturally. Stop trying force fed something.

Im not a fan of reigns. Nor will I ever be.
He isn't nothing special in my eyes.
He is mid card at best. IMO

I actually am kinda excited for a Lesnar Vs Reigns matchup. Maybe coz I am now done for life and hate the idea of entertaining a Lesnar Vs Cena match, or maybe coz I see Reigns as someone who can hold his own in the ring presence wise with Lesnar.

If these two are kept out of each other's path and led upto Mania 31, I can see it. People like Ambrose and Rollins need to be destroyed by Lesnar on the lead up to Mania. WWE needs to tap into that Shield sympathy and backing that the crowd fawned over last year. If Reigns is presented as the saviour of the Shield and not just a guy after the title, or 'herpy derpy imma big guy u a big guy lets see who strong' it shall be great. The man's promos will be second fiddle if he rides that wave, let's see though.

Well, RAW certainly didnt help put confidence back in Reigns. The Crowds chanted "Boring", I thought I heard "Daniel Bryan" cheers and boos were more audible than ever after Reigns won.

Well, RAW certainly didnt help put confidence back in Reigns. The Crowds chanted "Boring", I thought I heard "Daniel Bryan" cheers and boos were more audible than ever after Reigns won.

It wasn't his best match, but he's just getting back into it. I didn't hear anyone chanting "Boring" or "Daniel Bryan", nor did I hear any boo's. So there couldn't have been that many. Give the guy a chance he's only been back a week or so.

It wasn't his best match, but he's just getting back into it. I didn't hear anyone chanting "Boring" or "Daniel Bryan", nor did I hear any boo's. So there couldn't have been that many. Give the guy a chance he's only been back a week or so.

lol, keep in mind that I am a Roman Reigns fan and hope he can win the crowds over, even though I dont think he's ready for the belt. I am merely stating what I observed from the crowd. While the Daniel Bryan chants weren't prominent, the boring chants were very noticeable at times.

Reigns seems to work better with middle weight opponents. His best match was with Rollins and his work with Orton was good. Even his first match with the Miz was decent. His style doesn't work very well with power based opponents, it would seem, based on his Big Show/Kane/Rusev matches.

The annoying thing is that ready for not, unless Bryan returns, no one else would work as the Royal Rumble winner other than Reigns. Ambrose keeps losing. No one wants to see Cena win again. Ziggler is a maybe, but he'd need to drop the IC belt first.

lol, keep in mind that I am a Roman Reigns fan and hope he can win the crowds over, even though I dont think he's ready for the belt. I am merely stating what I observed from the crowd. While the Daniel Bryan chants weren't prominent, the boring chants were very noticeable at times.

Reigns seems to work better with middle weight opponents. His best match was with Rollins and his work with Orton was good. Even his first match with the Miz was decent. His style doesn't work very well with power based opponents, it would seem, based on his Big Show/Kane/Rusev matches.

The annoying thing is that ready for not, unless Bryan returns, no one else would work as the Royal Rumble winner other than Reigns. Ambrose keeps losing. No one wants to see Cena win again. Ziggler is a maybe, but he'd need to drop the IC belt first.

No I get what you mean, it's just that normally I pick up on things like this, and didn't hear any last night. I agree that he works better with Rollins and people like that, the problem is though they all seem to be in other feuds. There just doesn't seem to be really anyone of note for him to feud with right now. Unless they want to start something up with Fandango or someone like that. So he's stuck with Big Show and others.

Also add to that the fact that he was in the ring with another Mighty and Protected Up and Comer in the Big Show who needs to actually be squashed and put off of TV if this programme with Reigns is to be of benefit.

I did hear some boring chants but I think those were smark a**holes near the front row as I also heard the same chants during the Main Event with Ambrose and Wyatt. So I wouldnt read too much into it.

That said, Roman needs smart booking in all aspects if he is to be riding a wave of momentum into Mania31, lMO.

Watching the 3 v 3 Diva's match and it sounds like some people were chanting "Roman Sucks", although it might be just a few guys who were lucky to be close to a mic.

The WWE brass (apparently) thinks these things about him because these things are correct, and painfully evident. This didn't stop them with Cena when he was christened "the man" (though his promos were in a different universe quality-wise than Reigns are)

Trouble is that Cena was not perfect at that time but fans were behind him and he improved later. Reigns is far from perfect(in fact, you cant even say that he is good when he comes to promos and even matches) and fans arent that much behind him. Even WWE sees that so ofcourse they are worried.

Dont get me wrond I like the guy. Just dont think he is nearly ready for what he is deemed to do at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back