Lari's Musings: Post-Wrestlemania (Roman Reigns)

L@RISANO

R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
Initially I was going to do the Shield as a whole, but quite a few threads regarding them have been done by various forums users, so instead, I will do each Shield member individually.

Post-Wrestlemania ( Roman Reigns )

As it has been reported, Roman Reigns is going to get a full Singles Babyface push post-Mania 30, and according to those rumours, the initial push of Roman Reigns in terms of splitting from the Shield will be by way of Ambrose and Rollins turning back Heel on Roman Reigns. I think it is a solid idea and the perfect way to slowly get each of the 3 members over gradually and Singles, rather than having their Singles pushes be done at the same time and be stuck in comparisons with each other in such a case where it could result in the fans picking an outright favourite, who succeeds whilst the other 1 member or 2 members ends up failing.

Thus, post-Mania 30, I would have the Shield move beyond Kane and the other Authority 'lackeys', and complete the defiance of the Authority by moving into an after Mania programme with HHH and Stephanie.
It would be the perfect way to make these 3 guys the centre of attention, and even in the segment on RAW which had the Shield interacting with HHH and Stephanie, there were some signs(slight) of tension between HHH and Roman Reigns(not the first time either actually,it was teased slightly on SD during the Stable War in an in-ring segment).

Now, I know people will ask "what happens to Daniel Bryan?", so, I will not go into much detail, but I assume he is going to win the Main title at Mania and get his payoff vs HHH and the Authority. Thus after Mania, move Bryan into a full on title programme as Champion against a top Heel(probably Batista).

Right, so, the Shield go into the Authority programme and during that programme with HHH, Roman Reigns will obviously get centre stage as the guy most likely to intimidate HHH.
However, because HHH is still the guy with Power(his Authority run won't end at Mania,lMO, and it shouldn't), he can be the catalyst for Ambrose and Rollins turning on Roman Reigns sometime around MitB.

This can result in a 1 on 2 Handicap match with Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins.

Obviously the odds will be stacked against Roman Reigns, but he will overcome them eventually, and whilst they will still do HHH's bidding against Reigns, they will become support acts for the SummerSlam showdown between:

COO HHH vs ROMAN REIGNS, in what should be a huge step for Roman Reigns going forward as a Top Babyface in the Company.

Also;
Anyone have any ideas for Roman Reigns Entrance post-Shield??
Someone on the forum suggested he keep the current Entrance from the fan areas, and I quite liked the idea, obviously with a change in Music. Give him an Avenging Angel type-gimmick and have him be that intimidating Hero who arrives as a last hope to counteract the "Big,Bad" Heel.
Only problem is that; Ambrose and Rollins will still be using the Shield Entrance and Music until their Singles run begin, but in the end, I still think keeping Roman Reigns in such a bad ass type role(Avenging Angel type) with him coming through the fans to different music would be Perfect!

I'm with you on delaying Rollins and Ambrose's singles push until slightly after Reigns gets his push. They should all get their moment in the sun, so to speak.

I have no problem with your programme as well. As long as it doesn't turn out too similar compared to Daniel Bryan and HHH's current programme. *Insert DB or Reigns here* the underdog take on the powermad COO HHH, with the underdog eventually coming out top dog. Which is why Ambrose and Rollins heel turn would be a key part of it, and could lead to the internal feud maybe taking centre stage before Reigns then goes after HHH.

I agree except I would have Ambrose and Rollins joining The Authority attacking him after a match against someone like Kane at Extreme Rules.Big E makes the save. At Payback we get Ambrose,Rollins vs Reigns and Big E.Reigns and Big E wins.Battleground he would face Ambrose /w/Rollins in a US title match and win.After the match the assault when Big E runs down like he is making the save only to turn heel on Reigns joining The Authority.Leading to at MITB Reigns vs Big E title unification match (nod DQ) .Triple H cost Reigns the match (because Reigns dissed him and his Authority after Ambrose and Rollins joins.After Trips has sicked NAO,Kane,Rollins,Ambrose and Big E on him.Reigns calls out Trips for Summerslam but Trips say's "no he's not worthy" and yells at him so Reigns spears him.Trips fires him so Reigns beats the hell out of him.Earlier in the night Stephanie tells Trips she's going to check on the kids and leaves.The next week Trips goes off on Reigns(who is not there) Reigns appears on the titantron saying "you sound so tough after kicking me out the building." Trips yells' get him off my damn tron.Reigns's say's "Wait,If you take me off the damn tron they will suffer."We then see Vince,Stephanie,Shane tied up.He say's "i'll let them go if you hire me back and accept my challenge." Trips say's "no,your bluffing." So he pushes Stephanie out the chair and Punches Vince repeatedly.He say's "How about now." He snaps but say's "no,your going to jail." Reigns say's "no i'm not they tried that." we see police officers beat up on the floor." He takes tape off of Mr. McMahon's mouth and Vince yells "JUST EXCEPT THE DAMN MATCH ALREADY." Trips say's "no" again so Reigns picks up Shane's chair and throws him against the wall and lifts a tied up Stephanie up setting her up for a spear.Trips snaps and excepts and say's "he's going to kick his ass."Reigns return on the next Raw.He knock's on HHH's door and Trips say's "come in." Reigns jumps on him and attacks him before dropping him with a spear.On SD Trips calls out Reigns for a fight Reigns run down they brawl.Only for Reigns to get jumped by The Authority (Rollins,Ambrose,Big E,Kane,Orton,Batista,NAO) Trips finishes him off with a pedigree.
to keep his momenteum going he will feud with Orton until Survivor Series.Begin a mini-feud with Batista until EC.Win the RR and beat Cena for the hvt. title at Wrestlemania.

No offense but you started your post talking about not letting one of the three get over and succeed while the other two plummet but THEN you want Roman to win a 2-on-1 against the other two?

That's a conflict of interest.
I would have Ambrose disappear for a bit. Bring him back full heel in a couple months. Let Rollins and Reigns (former tag team) feud for a bit with Rollins turning into one of HHHs top henchmen.

I'm with you on delaying Rollins and Ambrose's singles push until slightly after Reigns gets his push. They should all get their moment in the sun, so to speak.

I have no problem with your programme as well. As long as it doesn't turn out too similar compared to Daniel Bryan and HHH's current programme. *Insert DB or Reigns here* the underdog take on the powermad COO HHH, with the underdog eventually coming out top dog. Which is why Ambrose and Rollins heel turn would be a key part of it, and could lead to the internal feud maybe taking centre stage before Reigns then goes after HHH.

I also have to add that with regards to Rollins and Ambrose turning against Reigns; That heel turn that is indeed a rumour at this time, is being done to push Roman Reigns as a Singles guy. However, in my Roman Reigns post-Mania 30 push, that Reigns vs Ambrose & Rollins would be a sub-plot feud to the Main feud of Roman Reigns defying the Authority and mainly HHH and Stephanie.

As for how it should be done; I agree, anything like DB's Underdog role being placed on Reigns is going to be a flop because Reigns is physically similar in stature to HHH(Height especially), thus I feel something like Reigns being a badass in defiance on HHH and taking him and his lackeys head on, however, it wouldn't be like Austin vs McMahon either(Austin was just naturally a rebellious character, Reigns from what I have outside of WWE seems a nice guy overall,lMO).

No offense but you started your post talking about not letting one of the three get over and succeed while the other two plummet but THEN you want Roman to win a 2-on-1 against the other two?

That's a conflict of interest.
I would have Ambrose disappear for a bit. Bring him back full heel in a couple months. Let Rollins and Reigns (former tag team) feud for a bit with Rollins turning into one of HHHs top henchmen.

I didn't neccessarily say that Reigns would win the match.
However, he would have to come out of it looking strong as he has been booked as such until now(Rumble record, Survivor Series showing, etc.). So him beating the other two is very much believable and also since my fantasy booking is based on a match with HHH at SummerSlam, it is all the more required for Reigns to look worthy of that match.

As for the other 2 plummeting; that is where I think WWE's booking until now has been spot on;

Initially, it was all about Ambrose being the One, whilst the other 2 were more of a tag team. Ambrose is great on the mic, and he was being looked at as the lead figure of the group.

Thereafter, Reigns was given a push in booking with the various dominant showings and indeed during the Wyatt feud, he was called the leader.

Then, Rollins was put into the spotlight and has been allowed to showcase his abilities as a Babyface character.

Thus, in the midst of the "Powerhouse" Roman Reign's push(a guy who has been booked as one that is able to fight against the odds a number of times), Reigns winning a 1 on 2 handicap match with the type of booking done until now, will not result in the other 2 guys being buried,lMO.

It will allow Roman Reigns to get started on his push first and move onwards, then the other two as the other member Warren agreed, will also get their time in the sun.
In essence, them getting their own individual pushes without being constantly compared to each other when they are all booked at the same level might do wonders in helping all 3 of them reach their undoubted potential as Top Singles Superstars in WWE.

Cheers.

I agree except I would have Ambrose and Rollins joining The Authority attacking him after a match against someone like Kane at Extreme Rules.Big E makes the save. At Payback we get Ambrose,Rollins vs Reigns and Big E.Reigns and Big E wins.Battleground he would face Ambrose /w/Rollins in a US title match and win.After the match the assault when Big E runs down like he is making the save only to turn heel on Reigns joining The Authority.Leading to at MITB Reigns vs Big E title unification match (nod DQ) .Triple H cost Reigns the match (because Reigns dissed him and his Authority after Ambrose and Rollins joins.After Trips has sicked NAO,Kane,Rollins,Ambrose and Big E on him.Reigns calls out Trips for Summerslam but Trips say's "no he's not worthy" and yells at him so Reigns spears him.Trips fires him so Reigns beats the hell out of him.Earlier in the night Stephanie tells Trips she's going to check on the kids and leaves.The next week Trips goes off on Reigns(who is not there) Reigns appears on the titantron saying "you sound so tough after kicking me out the building." Trips yells' get him off my damn tron.Reigns's say's "Wait,If you take me off the damn tron they will suffer."We then see Vince,Stephanie,Shane tied up.He say's "i'll let them go if you hire me back and accept my challenge." Trips say's "no,your bluffing." So he pushes Stephanie out the chair and Punches Vince repeatedly.He say's "How about now." He snaps but say's "no,your going to jail." Reigns say's "no i'm not they tried that." we see police officers beat up on the floor." He takes tape off of Mr. McMahon's mouth and Vince yells "JUST EXCEPT THE DAMN MATCH ALREADY." Trips say's "no" again so Reigns picks up Shane's chair and throws him against the wall and lifts a tied up Stephanie up setting her up for a spear.Trips snaps and excepts and say's "he's going to kick his ass."Reigns return on the next Raw.He knock's on HHH's door and Trips say's "come in." Reigns jumps on him and attacks him before dropping him with a spear.On SD Trips calls out Reigns for a fight Reigns run down they brawl.Only for Reigns to get jumped by The Authority (Rollins,Ambrose,Big E,Kane,Orton,Batista,NAO) Trips finishes him off with a pedigree.
to keep his momenteum going he will feud with Orton until Survivor Series.Begin a mini-feud with Batista until EC.Win the RR and beat Cena for the hvt. title at Wrestlemania.

That Midcard title unification can turn out to be a good starting point for an Ambrose vs Rollins feud after Reigns has gone onwards and away from the other two in storyline,lMO. More on that in my next couple of Lari's musings.

Interesting fantasy booking, but I preferred not to go too far and left it until SummerSlam instead. Also, I don't think that the fans want to watch another Babyface vs HHH's Authority feud go on for too too long,tbh. This one with Daniel Bryan has been a test of patience for numerous fans.
Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back