• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Replacement Match: US title Kofi vs. Miz

I assume they took the IC contest off to give that feud some time to build since both Morrison and Ziggler seem to be headed to stardom (judging by their pops and heat respectively). I assume the don't want either man to look bad in a loss so if this is the case then I'm all for it being taken off the card. Both guys could be the future here and giving them a little longer to help build to a huge blow off match isn't that bad of an idea. As for the US bout, well it'll be a Kofi match. He'll hit his four spots, then Miz will be forced to hit his four spots and then Kofi will finish him off. Kofi's athletic but he hasn't progressed at all since he moved to RAW. He has potential but he just hits his spots and finisher, no story at all. It bores me.

It's strange in the simple fact that they are taking out a match that had some build to hit, and replace it with a match that has zero build in it. I know Miz claimed he'd win the US title, but in the past weeks his character has not done anything to warrant becoming #1 contender and receive a PPV title match. Word is creative couldn't come up with a proper ending to benefit the two. It's a classic case where two guys meet who the company both wants to look good that now have to face each other. Ziggler was a given to go over Mysterio, but John Morrison is exceedingly over and has done well in his short time as champion. I am reminded of a former rivalry between two men for the IC title, Stone Cold and The Rock. Both men were pushed heavily by the company, similar in Ziggler and Morrison. The logical finish for me to the match would be to have a double count out/savage beat down finish. I'm talking Ziggler/Morrison having a very physical match that eventually spills to the outside, neither man caring about the count, and ends with a Morrison shooting star from the ramp on to Ziggler on a tables. Both men look tough and can continue their feud.

Now on to Miz and Kofi, which to me now represents PPV filler. Now with the added space, they needed a match and Kofi vs Miz is about the next closest thing to a legitimate TV rivalry. I expect Kofi to take this easily as Miz winning the title with no build would really be a waste. The reason we are all dying waiting for Ziggler to win the belt has been because of the build. The Miz is in building stages of his own to build on his character and starting this feud out with a strong PPV match that ends in Kofi pulling out a rollup victory, allows them to continue this feud to T.V and then maybe on to the next PPV with a stronger build. In all honesty it is disappointing that Ziggle and Morrison won't be at Breaking Point as I'm a fan of both, but I'm almost just as interest in seeing Miz and Kofi duel. It's a late attempt to build interest again in the middle card and hopefully this may help get the ball rolling.

Personally I want The Miz to take this one. I was with alot of people in the beginning - when that MTV jerk came walking through that curtain. I FUCKING hated him. I couldn't get pass the fact that he was a reality star that used that fame to get himself into WWE. But over the years - (and professional wrestling observers agree as well). 2007-2008. The Miz showed alot more of what we thought he had. I believe he could be at least more than half decent as John Morrison. Not quite world champion worthly - but definitely US championship worthly.
I want him to go over tomorrow - today - whatever you want to say. I don't think it'd hurt Kofi at all. If anything it'd add more to their feud. Since Kofi doesn't seem to have a personality to exploit. The Miz's only chance had getting Kofi REAL angry is take away his title. Kofi needs to chase the belt for awhile - earn it again in a solid feud with the Miz.

someone also said that Miz having the US title could make interesting backstage segments with Morrison. Fuck yes it would ha

Personally I want The Miz to take this one. I was with alot of people in the beginning - when that MTV jerk came walking through that curtain. I FUCKING hated him. I couldn't get pass the fact that he was a reality star that used that fame to get himself into WWE. But over the years - (and professional wrestling observers agree as well). 2007-2008. The Miz showed alot more of what we thought he had. I believe he could be at least more than half decent as John Morrison. Not quite world champion worthly - but definitely US championship worthly.
I want him to go over tomorrow - today - whatever you want to say. I don't think it'd hurt Kofi at all. If anything it'd add more to their feud. Since Kofi doesn't seem to have a personality to exploit. The Miz's only chance had getting Kofi REAL angry is take away his title. Kofi needs to chase the belt for awhile - earn it again in a solid feud with the Miz.

someone also said that Miz having the US title could make interesting backstage segments with Morrison. Fuck yes it would ha

It's this type of ignorance that really grinds my gears. Curse me not knowing how to use multi-quote. As for the comment about the Miz "using his fame to get into the WWE," that makes me want to punch a baby. Your baby if I'm able. The Miz entered a Tough Enough contest. He made it to the final round of said contest. At a PPV (Armageddon I believe), he lost a boxing match based on crowd reaction to the guy that eventually won. Yes. Crowd reaction. The Miz had that against him from the beginning because he was booed forever and nobody wanted to give him a chance being a "reality TV star." The Miz was also part of UPW (in as early as 2003), Deep South Wrestling (first ever Deep South Champion), and Ohio Valley Wrestling. He didn't make his WWE wrestling debut until mid-late 2006... after he was done being the hype man for Smackdown and hosting Diva Search contests. So as you can see, the Miz was in developement for 2½ years before he even made his WWE debut...almost 3 years before his in-ring debut. JBL was a big-wig backstage and he hated the Miz. The Miz rose above this. The fans had it out for him from the beginning. The Miz rose above this. And now... dare I say... the Miz has become the new Kennedy. He's the internet darling that everybody sees potential in that is getting over with good ring skills, and great mic work.

As for "over the years he's showed us what he's had..." well no shit he has. He had to because it's the blind haters like yourself where you admit to being another classic case of being a blind Miz hater turned Miz bandwagon jumper. Hating the Miz because he was a "jerk from reality tv." That's quite the oxymoron. Pretty much no reality tv is real, and you hate him because of a show... on MTV... perhaps the worst cable channel of the past 10 years. I guess I defend the Miz to death because I've been a fan of his from the beginning because on all those MTV shows I watched when I was younger, he was hilarious. He still is hilarious. Funny gets you places in life. It comes in handy in those promos. Plus, if you look at the guy, he never gave ANYBODY a real reason to hate him. That's another reason why I never was on the "hate Miz bandwagon." They just wanted somebody to hate. Who better than a guy from MTV fame?

The Miz has EARNED EVERYTHING he's received. The WWE didn't sign him because he was a reality star. They don't give a shit where you come from. The Miz was signed because he was talented and he has shown us that. Now the MTV stint might have helped... it might not have. But being an MTV star didn't let the Miz hold the tag titles with Morrison for as long as they did in their combined reigns. He's grown a ton since his debut just 3 years ago. Next time, please get your facts straight before you start have diareaha of the mouth and go on about how the Miz is only in the WWE because of his reality "fame."

I might as well throw something in here that has to do with the thread even though I already did above. Ummm.... horrible replacement match, no build=no win for the Miz. :disappointed:

So they say they couldnt come up with a legit finish for this match, which is understandable, but no reason to scrap it. Ziggler could have got himself DQ's thus showing a mean streak and losing composure for the time being. Then they could have 3 weeks to build for the next match. Miz does not deserve to be in this match, unless he loses cleanly.Swagger should be in this spot, since he has already been ECW Champion. Who better to be the US champ then the All American American!?

This is really something of a double edged sword.

On one hand, at least on the surface, it looks like a completely stupid mistake to pull the Morrison/Ziggler match as it has had at least some build up over the past few weeks. However, that being said, Morrison still needs some time to be built up as the IC champion so having him lose won't do much for him or the title itself. And, at the same time, having Ziggler lose yet another IC championship match in consecutive ppvs could possibly cause him to lose momentum in the eyes of the fans. They could just stop giving a shit about him altogether.

Which, of course, means that the WWE pulled Kofi/Miz outta their ass with only some residual build up from weeks past on Raw. Neither of these two have been on Raw for a few weeks, haven't even been mentioned. Now, that being said, this could still be a pretty good and entertaining match. I think it'll be absolute crap to have the Miz go over here, particularly when you compare the Ziggler/Mysterio feud to it. With that feud, there was build up and excitement added to both guys and even more prestige added to the strap. The WWE needs to do the exact same thing here with Kofi and Miz. Kofi has been a great U.S. champ, he's exciting, has a lot of energy, and genuinely makes fans believe he loves being the champ. A title change here does nothing really. Just have Kofi retain, give us an entertaining match and all should be put right.

It's a good thing in my opinion. Morrison vs Ziggler has more time to go, and they can really build up the fued for another few weeks until the next PPV.

Anyway, Kofi vs Miz should be a good match. Both have the skills and character to make it so, and I expect the crowd to be really into it. This is the first time in a while that I can see Miz winning.

This could turn out to be a very good match. I don't see why everyone has their panties in a bunch over this replacing Ziggler-Morrison. Yeah, that match would have been good too, but this one isn't bad either.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Miz go over here. Atleast it would be the smart thing to do.

I went through stages of thinking it was rather good, to thinking it was one of the sloppiest matches I'd ever seen. Then Cole & Lawler tried to give me the impression that I saw something great. Despite the Grolsch I knew they were talking shit.

Longer than I though it'd be and neither is as over or as good as I've been hearing. I won't be watching Raw again anytime soon.

Jake is right!

When watching the match, I couldn't help but notice the over-flattering comments that the commentators kept throwing in. Nevertheless, it was a decent match and had moments when it really was a good showing. All they were trying to do here was build up the Miz. Miz dominated the match for long periods of time and was kind of unlucky not to win. However, it was a boring match at some points and could have been quite a bit shorter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back