• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Repetitive

Before I start this out, I just want everyone to know- I'm not really really addressing to the Mods or Admins or anything like that, it's just something I've been wanting to say for a while. So generally- I don't care if you're a new member, old, been here and back- whatever, this is very general.

I've been noticing the past few weeks, in the wrestling forums- especially the WWE forum, that a lot of people repeat topic after topic after topic. I've seen a zillion "Favortie Tag Teams", "Unforgiven Perdictions, "SD Needs Help, or just "What do you think is the best_____". Most of these thread start with just one line, and usually they've already been posted in the week before. It's getting annoying seeing the same stuff everyday from a different poster. So many threads are locked because they repeat stuff that's already been posted. If you want to post in the WWE forum, or any forum- just like it says in the rules, could you please actually read them and look around to see if someone hasn't posted that same topic in the same week. I'm not blaming this on anyone- especially the Mods, they already do a lot of work. Just in general, it gets frusturating at times when you don't know where to go to have a good discussion.

Thanks. I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining or anything, just my thoughts.

Flames Out
Dragon

Dragon, i completely agree with you just now going in to the WWE forum i see..1988 greatest tag team..most overated superstar two different cryme tyme threads and numerous cena hate threads. Some one has to stop it, maybe if somehow there was a way to stop it for example a system where if a thread is started that is repetitive of any thread previously it is just automatically blocked. im not sure but it is becoming alot harder to post meaningful comments when we have the same thread because new-comers are just continually repeating.

I would suggest reporting or sending a pm to One of the SM. As yes it is getting to be a problem as I am sick of posting over and over my fav wrestler, tag team, why sd needs help! Its very annouying I know, as I said it will be discussed but your best bet is to just report or send a pm.

This is something that I addressed months ago, but it's widely ignored.

The other day I closed a repeated thread and this is the response that I got

SAME-OLD-S**T said:
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!! DONT U EVER EVER IN UR LIFE CLOSE A POST I MAKE..OTHERWISE I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KICK YOUR ASS!!! WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT ANYWAY . GO GET A REAL JOB YOU SILLY TWAT!!

(BTW that was after I got home from "my real job" )

That's the kind of response that most people give to their threads being closed. In another case the poster formerly known as Highflyingtna went off on me in advance in his xpac thread (this was under his 8th or 9th name) saying not to close it cause he doesn't care that's repeated, or something like that.

People don't respect the place, therefore they're going to keep repeating things. They seem to get off on being the first name seen in a thread or something. I made a thread in the past about zero tolerance and how threads would be deleted with no explanation if they were repetetive or spam and how people would be banned for that kind of thing happening too much, simply so we could weed out the b.s Doing that kind of thing gets people to think that I'm doing something wrong, even though it's trying to prevent what everyone in this thread is talking about.

Basically the only feasible option is to not even bother closing threads and just delete the repeat ones when noticed. The problem is that "where did my thre ad go" threads and complaint threads then follow. That's what to expect from a site that gains most traffic based off of fake links. That's not a put down to the site, rather how Brian promotes his popular "quantity over quality" thing.

Since you guys are giving input what shoudl be done? Should the deleted threads and bannings for repeat offenders happen, even though it risks backlash from immature posters?

AussieHobo said:
I would suggest reporting or sending a pm to One of the SM. As yes it is getting to be a problem as I am sick of posting over and over my fav wrestler, tag team, why sd needs help! Its very annouying I know, as I said it will be discussed but your best bet is to just report or send a pm.

That's another problem. Reporting things is helpful for us to locate problems, but there is so much to report in the wwe forum that it's going to overload our pm boxes or emails to the point of us not wanting to read about every complaint. I know that some people will say "it's your job to do that" but it's not. Our jobs are to do what we can, but NOT to dedicate our lives to the place. So really all we can really do is enforce zero tolerance.

Thats a vaild point and all........ but alot of people who post in the WWE forum part are junior members who come on here once to state their opinion then they never return.

Althoughs it really annoying see those thread twenty million times, I don't think people take it to mind to read this that topic has already been posted.

AussieHobo said:

Since you guys are giving input what shoudl be done? Should the deleted threads and bannings for repeat offenders happen, even though it risks backlash from immature posters?

I Think they should definetely be banned and their threads deleted! like I.K.Y.T said alot of these people are juniors who come here and just give off one liners like "i love batista" or "cena is shit". Also i think when they are banned they may learn there lesson...when i was banned i knew i did someting wrong and started really contributing and only posting meaningful threads not just agreeing with the 400 people who have said they hate john cena in a single thread.

Dysturbed said:
That's another problem. Reporting things is helpful for us to locate problems, but there is so much to report in the wwe forum that it's going to overload our pm boxes or emails to the point of us not wanting to read about every complaint. I know that some people will say "it's your job to do that" but it's not. Our jobs are to do what we can, but NOT to dedicate our lives to the place. So really all we can really do is enforce zero tolerance.

The old haunting ground is still in bad shape :(

I agree ppl instead looking around.. just put up what others already have or change a bit.. it takes five sec. to do a serech for it ppl

Exactly. I don't think there's much we can do- people need to learn how to post a topic themselves. That's sort of why I made this thread. I don't know if people repeat topics purpoesly- or because they are just not creative enough to come up with their own. If you know that you posted in a tag team topic (that's an example) a couple days ago- than why make a new one??? Also I hate it when people just make a thread like: Who do you think is the best... blah, blah, blah- but they don't offer their own opinion or any substance to the post. I don't think there's much we can do, or the mods can do- except maybe tell people not to post the same stuff, but really to stop repetitive posts, people need to learn themselves.

Flames Out
Dragon

Anyone who keeps making repetitive threads will have their threads closed or deleted IMMEDIATELY and the person be possibly banned (which I will decide on a case-by-case basis). NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!! If anyone decides to question my ruling, they will also be banned as well.

It will be completely up to my discretion. So when in doubt, DON'T DO IT!

LAZINESS AND STUPIDY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

I am the judge, jury, and the executioner!

I don't think a lot of people took the time to read this- I just saw a another one. There like a plauge! I don't understand why people have to waste topic after topic on useless things.

Flames Out
Dragon

Peopleschamp just owned everyone with...

But yeah I was gonna say the same thing... I just didnt kno where to put the forum... And when you try telling them... They just curse you off and etc..

Another thing I want to add is... Honestly I dont think there going to listen... They really dont care... Like the most admins and mods could do is ban the name... If they have the smallest bit of intellegence... They'll kno how to get back... Thats why I think either peopleschamp or Dysturbed should get admin powers..

I think Dragon has a thing for people with power :laugh:

Lol, yes I feed off of it!!

I don't understand why people don't care about what they post- it's completely disrespectful to the fourm. What's the point of joining than anyway??

Flames Out
Dragon

peopleschamp said:
Anyone who keeps making repetitive threads will have their threads closed or deleted IMMEDIATELY and the person be possibly banned (which I will decide on a case-by-case basis). NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!! If anyone decides to question my ruling, they will also be banned as well.

It will be completely up to my discretion. So when in doubt, DON'T DO IT!

LAZINESS AND STUPIDY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

I am the judge, jury, and the executioner!

I agree with deleting the thread. You all have given multiple warnings to violators and posted several threads about the problem. I know that you'll get a PM from people asking where their thread went, but it's probably the best way to go. I know i have personally violated things a couple of times. I'll admit I have spammed in the past and maybe post a repeated thread a couple of times, so i'm lucky to still be around. i have even asked a mod where my thread was, now I kno. I try my best to look for the threads in the search option before i put out a thread. i recently have been pretty good with the rules (at least i think so) and report things when i believe i should or need to. at the same time when a repeated thread comes out, new members see the topic and just post in it and it becomes a 3-4 page thread eventhough it was probably a 3-6 page in the origial thread of that same topic. I'll usually post in the repeated thread and post that the thread allready exists, look for the thread that allready exists and post in it bringing it back to the front page, but people keep posting in the repeated one. i think new guys are breaking the rules more than the senior members but i admit I'm not perfect and i'm sure even some senior members have messed up here and there. everytime new guys come in they need to read the rules, they need to check things out. Unfortunately new guys don't read the sticky's on top by Mod's, SM, or Adm. they go straight to post and violate rules right from the beginning. again i'm not perfect but zero tolerance is zero tolerance and ill make sure not to mess up like i have in the past. Thanx, and Mods SuperMods, keep it up, you make this place worth comming to.

i think thats what they have been doing but its a little hard with so many threads and so little of them to do that.

I with all yall... I am tired of ppl or new members makeing threads that been made.. b/c they lazy to look for it.. or just changing the name of it... be org ppl.. or atleast add something new to make it your owen

im like relatively new. i dont stop by too often as im working in security. but most people don't look through everything they missed like i do..

Solutions are in my opinion

Ban user

If they return ban ip

If they return yet again... i dunno they probably aren't using thier real ips to be able to return so is it possible to contact thier provider if they persist in using profanity?

I am new here and the only reason i do it sometimes is because when i click the new post button it only shows a few sometimes so i dont know whats posted and whats not.

^ I used to have that problem... Listen Teddy... If theres a topic you want to make in the first 3 or 4 pages... Dont make it!!!... If there isnt... I kno the mods and admins wont have a problem with it...

I used to do the same thing... So just next time look :)

That's what I do- I make sure that no one's posted the same topic in that same week. Another good way to search for similar topics is clicking on the search button, and typing in the topic of your post. So if you wanted to do something on Batista- you could type his name in where the search button is. A very fast and easy way to see if someone else has a topic that is similar to yours.

Flames Out
Dragon

^^^

I've had people actually tell me that they're too lazy to do that. They're not too lazy to type out a bunch of words or paragraphs in a post, but too lazy to type a few words into a search option. It's baffling.

There's only so much you can do in certain situations. It's pretty easily explained throughout WZ on what is expected of you. Like already said many people here even some of the regular posters are too lazy to read or do simple things. Staff of forums don't create rules, FAQ's, etc... for their health. Some haven't realized this yet. I could see a few new members here and there, but it does pretty much literally happen every day, but the staff can't babysit everyone and the forum 24/7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back