• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Remembering a true legend....

Savior with faith 101

Occasional Pre-Show
There are many names that are synonomous with announcing within the great business that is Wrestling/Sports Entertainment...Jim "JR" Ross, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Jessie "The Body" Ventura, Vince McMahon and more recently Tazz, JBL and even Michael Cole...

But theres one man whos name always seems to be missed off this list, a man whos skills and charisma were so off the charts that he was in a league of his own, a man who made any match he called seem like an instant classic. Three years on from his retirement i think its time we gave credit to someone who will surely be a first ballot Hall of Famer....

The Legend im talking about is of course, Mike Adamle

Im sure u remember his time announcing such classics as Mike Knox vs Tommy Dreamer, his brilliant catch phrases such as "Jamaican Me Crazy," and his incredible accuracy when pronouncing names such as Jeff Hardy.

When he replaced Joey Styles as ECW announcer i can only remember messages of hatred, but within seconds of arriving on the announce booth i think even the most Die Hard of ECW fans were won over. His stint as the GM of Raw was the most successful of all time and i think i can speak for everyone when i say his Royal Rumble debut will go down in history as THE great Rumble promo.

So in memory of Mike Adamle, i give you this video for us all to remember him by...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRYy0vCjb5o

Mike "The Legend" Adamle: 2008-2008

(legal disclaimer, the views expressed in this post are clearly not intended to be taken seriously. Anyone who claims im crazy is in fact an idiot and doesnt understand sarcasm or have a sense of humor. Alternatively they probably just got to his name, thought i was being serious and by not reaching this far down the post they have shown they have the attention span of a pet rock)

Finally somebody has voiced something that has been on my mind for years!! Obviously when he "mispronounced" Jeff Hardy's name he was calling him a wimp, ala Harvey as in Harvey Whippleman. This was not only absurdly clever but showed a true fan's knowledge of the history of WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back