• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reigns/Rollins/Ambrose a scenario I can't see not play out leading to Wrestlemania

shooter_mcgavin

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I said in the MITB discussion thread that there was something really wrong in the way the main event was booked. Not wrong in terms of bad booking decision but at they booked Reigns and Rollins respectively.

No matter what the fan reaction was on Reigns the WWE has protected Reigns from the fans and looking strong in his matches. I mean WWE has done every trick in the book to make the fans accept Reigns as a top babyface.

However MITB Reigns vs. Rollins from the moment Rollins made his entrance when the production team focused on some kid wearing Cena merchandise, the same target audience WWE hopes where Reigns will get his appeal, holding up a Rollins sign and cheering for him. I mean if i wanted Reigns to be portrayed to be "the guy" I would not show the kid holding up that Rollins sign.

In the match. Reigns looked almost heelish trash talking and having most of the offense while Rollins was making the baby face comeback and even won clean.

Sure Ambrose cashing in the MITB on Rollins kind of took away the steam Rollins got by winning clean since it reminds fans what Rollins did to Reigns but even so the whole booking felt awkward. At how WWE like to control their product I doubt all this was an accident.

It makes me believe WWE might be giving up on Reigns as the top babyface will be turning heel sooner than later.

WWE did not protect Reigns at MITB, not one bit. Sure you could argue that WWE was going to suspend Reigns so they needed to take the belt off of him. But he didn't have to lose clean against Rollins and they could have just booked Ambrose cashing it in and making it a Triple Threat as a form of Irony on Rollins' part which would still protect Reigns the same way Rollins cashing in at WM32 protected Lensar.

And this was even before Reigns' suspension so what more after being suspended.

I am looking at the landscape with the former Shield members, since they are the hottest trio right now it seems (personally I disagree I am still not sold on Ambrose and Reigns but that's another story), and it seems like with the way MITB is see the following happening barring any injuries, freakish circumstances, or whatever happens in the brand split.

- Ambrose retains the title at Battleground
- Rollins is drafted to another brand while Ambrose and Reigns goes to the other brand.
- Reigns vs. Ambrose happens at Summer Slam with Reigns winning and turning heel
- Reigns and Ambrose program continues throughout the fall.
- Rollins stays as a face/tweener while eventually turning face and working in upper mid card programs on the other brand possibly with Owens, AJ Styles, or Sheamus.
- Reigns ends up winning the feud with Ambrose.
- Rollins wins the Rumble and decides to switch brands to challenge Reigns for the title at WM.

I honest don't believe WWE has enough faith in making Ambrose as the guy. Like Foley I see his title reign (no pun intended) and popularity as a way to get a lot more heat on whoever takes the title from him, in this case Reigns. The same way The Rock got so much heat after destroying Foley at The Rumble.

Now the events I mentioned could changed but I two things I definatley see happening:
1. Rollins turns face
2. Reigns turns heel
3. Both will face each other at WM.

MITB was kind of an eye opener in assessing where the WWE will go with these guys.

Reigns hasn't been working as a baby face so the much needed heel turn, like Diesel at 1995 looks to be best route to go and work his way as a face from there.

Rollins on the other hand looked really good in his return. Still a bit green at some parts but he's no longer a project. In terms of overall talent he's almost there as a top guy.

If you look at him at MITB the guy oozes marketability I mean we all talk about the look based on size but Rollins looked really good and I can see the guy being marketable in posters, magazines, and such. Reminds me of a leaner and taller CM Punk, the rugged look but one that can turn heads.

If they do a program with Reigns and Rollins the only thing in their feud that can connect Rollins as a heel again is Cashing in the MITB contract at WM32 but with Rollins beating Reigns at MITB negates that part of whatever feud both could have in the future.

As for WM33 being Reigns vs. Rollins. Unless another superstar breaks out as a huge fan favorite I doubt WWE can have setup another non part time Wrestler to be on main event level by WM. I mean sure AJ Styles is a possibility but I think WWE will be keeping him heel for quite sometime.

Also remember the video package Cole said Reigns and Rollins is a match "worthy for Wrestlemania" now why would you say that if you aren't going to book this match at WM?

So what do you think. Do see this the direction WWE will go?

I agree with you and I like that theory. The Reigns heel turn has been teased ever since after WM 32, when Reigns started calling himself THE guy. He even told those who were chanting "you can't wrestle" to shut up.

If this heel turn end up happening, it will be one of the most beautifuly executed heel turns ever. It will have a reason and it will be organic. Not just shock value, like for example Rollins' turn.

The only thing I don't agree with is Reigns vs Rollins at Mania. We have seen this match many times. I wouldn't rule out heel Reigns vs Cena for one world title and Styles vs Rollins for another world title though, at Wrestlemania.

Roman Reigns will not be WWE Champion anytime in the foreseeable future because he failed a drug test while he was WWE Champion. While I doubt it'll be a career killer, Reigns will not be pushed back to the top of the mountain upon his return as his credibility has taken a huge hit. After all, it'd been quite a while since Roman Reigns lost a match clean or free of "controversy" and nobody really expected Rollins to win this past Sunday, let alone pin Reigns right smack in the middle of the ring cleanly. If Vince was holding onto some desperate hope that fans would embrace Roman Reigns in a role similar to John Cena as a top babyface, I don't see how that hope has finally been utterly obliterated; I mean, you can't have a top babyface cutting promos about working hard, doing the stand up thing, being an honorable man, etc. when said babyface fails a drug test while he's been getting a massive push.

There's an appearance of WWE kinda sorta flirting with a heel turn for Reigns and in light of the drug test failure, there's a real possibility they may just go ahead with it. Even if WWE does turn Reigns heel, his credibility is still going to have to be rebuilt and that can only happen with the passage of time. Having someone that's gotten the sort of push and visibility over the last 2 years of Roman Reigns failing a drug test is something that I think some company officials are going to consider a slap in the face. A lot of this, however, will depend upon what the circumstances were surrounding the failed drug test, AKA what he had in his system. If something like coke turned up in his system, medication that he doesn't have a viable prescription for, an elevated testosterone level via performance enhancing drugs, etc. then he's going to have to earn back the trust of company officials by essentially letting them put his life under a microscope, working his ass off with whatever program he finds himself in and doesn't bitch about whatever punishment he's getting.

Once Battleground is finished, I won't be at all surprised if Reigns is shuffled out of the main event picture altogether. I don't think he'll go to being a mid-card jobber or anything, but I have a feeling that he's going to be humbled as part of his punishment, which means he'll be losing to some mid-card guys and he'll almost always lose to main event guys whenever he goes up against them in matches. I'd say the next 12 months or so will be spent working his way back into the good graces of the powers that be rather than winning championships or headlining ppvs.

The only thing I don't agree with is Reigns vs Rollins at Mania. We have seen this match many times. I wouldn't rule out heel Reigns vs Cena for one world title and Styles vs Rollins for another world title though, at Wrestlemania.

I was thinking this too but looking at WM15 main event Austin/Rock was done multiple times before WM15. If you look at the 16 month window Rock/Austin was done 3 times before WM15 and twice on free TV.

I was thinking this too but looking at WM15 main event Austin/Rock was done multiple times before WM15. If you look at the 16 month window Rock/Austin was done 3 times before WM15 and twice on free TV.

Very true, but Rock and Austin were red hot and absolutely blew the roof off of any building they were in anytime they were in the ring together. I among many others believe that the chemistry between those two can never be repeated, or even imitated.

I'm not saying they'll get close, but I think that the best chance for Rollins and Reigns to max out their potential together is a double-turn and let Reigns start pissing on the crowds and let them just go nuclear on him. Rollins is already a fan-fave. He can be a face and not change anything about his cocky attitude. All he has to do is stop insulting the crowds.

I'll have to see Reigns turn heel to believe it. He has been pushed so hard that I don't see WWE letting up that much. My guess is that WWE will slowly bring him back to being the top face and WWE Champion before the Rumble.

Rollins only won clean at MITB because Reigns had to drop the title.

I also personally feel we should get Reigns vs. Cena at WM33 in a 'passing of the torch' type moment.

As for why Cole said Reigns vs. Rollins is a match 'worthy for WrestleMania'? To build hype for Money in the Bank.

Nice thread and although I agree with you on many things I also disagree.
First of all I think that Ambrose will win at Battleground and retain and also he will be drafted to SD while Reigns and Rollins stay at Raw. With Ambrose as champion at SD on Raw will start a tournament to determine the other world champion and make no mistake Reigns although the suspension will be in this tournament but he won't win it and neither will Rollins. I see someone like Jericho or maybe even Owens wining it. Then he will start a feud with Rollins which Rollins will eventualy win and become champion. I agree that Rollins and Reigns will have a match at Mania but the roles will be reversed because I simply can't see Reigns staying face for much long.
As for Ambrose I see him staying champion untill SummerSlam and losing the title to someone like Cena or maybe even AJ and for the future I can't see him being a main eventer all the time like Rollins and Reigns but I do see him wining the title occasionaly.

Rollins only won clean at MITB because Reigns had to drop the title.

The thing is though if WWE still wanted to protect Reigns there could have been many ways for Roman to lose it without being pinned clean. The fact WWE chose the clean finish route is something of an eye brow raiser.

Nice thread and although I agree with you on many things I also disagree.
First of all I think that Ambrose will win at Battleground and retain and also he will be drafted to SD while Reigns and Rollins stay at Raw. With Ambrose as champion at SD on Raw will start a tournament to determine the other world champion and make no mistake Reigns although the suspension will be in this tournament but he won't win it and neither will Rollins. I see someone like Jericho or maybe even Owens wining it. Then he will start a feud with Rollins which Rollins will eventualy win and become champion. I agree that Rollins and Reigns will have a match at Mania but the roles will be reversed because I simply can't see Reigns staying face for much long.
As for Ambrose I see him staying champion untill SummerSlam and losing the title to someone like Cena or maybe even AJ and for the future I can't see him being a main eventer all the time like Rollins and Reigns but I do see him wining the title occasionaly.

Actually we agree on most parts.

The only part we disagree with who will Ambrose lose it too.

Yeah, but neither one of them was in the same level they were at WM 15. Rock was a midcarder, he wasn't The Great One just yet.

Plus, I don't see Reigns and Rollins reaching such red-hot peaks, so that the WWE can place them in the main event of Wrestlemania 33. Especially if you also count the big shots that are "Wrestlemania Only" participants like Undertaker and Triple H and the other big names/part-timers like Lesnar, Cena, Orton and Jericho, who usually generate all the buzz around that season.

I think Battleground is where a Reigns heel turn has to happen.

It can be brought with SUPER heat also. Here's how:

Ambrose pins Reigns clean while Rollins is outside of the ring (went through table?) While Ambrose celebrates have Reigns lose it and beat down Ambrose. Even going as far as using a chair. Have Reigns blow the chair up on Ambrose. Then he goes and gets ring stairs. Before he hits Ambrose have Rollins come in a yell at Reigns.

Have Rollins say something like "He is your brother, he is your friend" something along those lines. Then have Rollins check on Ambrose. This will garner sympathy for Ambrose, and will also garner respect for Rollins. This will be a face turn moment for Rollins.

Then you have the big moment. Where Reigns destroys Rollins. Have him yell at Rollins "You were never my brother"

This not only protects Rollins as a new face. But it also protects Ambrose as a legit Champion. It gives MASSIVE heat to Reigns and makes Battleground end with a moment.

Now as to where it will go into Summerslam:

You have Reigns/Rollins in a NO DQ match (very easy booking)

Ambrose/Lesnar for the title. This time make it the match it was supposed to be at Mania. Now the UFC fight will need to have MAJOR impact on this match. If Lesnar loses the UFC match then you can book Ambrose winning the match. But if Lesnar wins the UFC fight then you have Lesnar win the title and be a Beast once again.

You have 2 solid matches there that have buy power.

FYI: They did the whole Austin/Hart thing w/ Reigns/rollins as they completed the Duel Turns to Rollins as a Face and Reigns as a Heel and all that by the way this Booking of Rollins as they were gonna turn him face when he returned anyway and the way Roman delieverd his Promo on RAW finalized that Roman is now heel.

I think Battleground is where a Reigns heel turn has to happen.

It can be brought with SUPER heat also. Here's how:

Ambrose pins Reigns clean while Rollins is outside of the ring (went through table?) While Ambrose celebrates have Reigns lose it and beat down Ambrose. Even going as far as using a chair. Have Reigns blow the chair up on Ambrose. Then he goes and gets ring stairs. Before he hits Ambrose have Rollins come in a yell at Reigns.

Have Rollins say something like "He is your brother, he is your friend" something along those lines. Then have Rollins check on Ambrose. This will garner sympathy for Ambrose, and will also garner respect for Rollins. This will be a face turn moment for Rollins.

Then you have the big moment. Where Reigns destroys Rollins. Have him yell at Rollins "You were never my brother"

This not only protects Rollins as a new face. But it also protects Ambrose as a legit Champion. It gives MASSIVE heat to Reigns and makes Battleground end with a moment.

Now as to where it will go into Summerslam:

You have Reigns/Rollins in a NO DQ match (very easy booking)

Ambrose/Lesnar for the title. This time make it the match it was supposed to be at Mania. Now the UFC fight will need to have MAJOR impact on this match. If Lesnar loses the UFC match then you can book Ambrose winning the match. But if Lesnar wins the UFC fight then you have Lesnar win the title and be a Beast once again.

You have 2 solid matches there that have buy power.
I really liked the idea of turn at Battleground.

But shouldn't it be Reigns Vs. Ambrose for Summerslam? Reigns turned heel by destroying Ambrose so it should Reigns Vs Ambrose rather than Reigns Vs Rollins.

On the thread, I don't see Ambrose with the title after Summerslam. He should have a title stint much longer but I doubt WWE's intentions about
Ambrose.

Yeah, but neither one of them was in the same level they were at WM 15. Rock was a midcarder, he wasn't The Great One just yet.

Plus, I don't see Reigns and Rollins reaching such red-hot peaks, so that the WWE can place them in the main event of Wrestlemania 33. Especially if you also count the big shots that are "Wrestlemania Only" participants like Undertaker and Triple H and the other big names/part-timers like Lesnar, Cena, Orton and Jericho, who usually generate all the buzz around that season.

I am going to play devil's advocate and say The Rock at the time of WMXV was still kind of a mid-carder albeit an upper mid carder quickly skyrocketing on being a main event star. But at the time I didn't see Austin and The Rock at the same tier and probably one or two tiers apart with The Rock slightly above Triple H and Foley but still below Undertaker.

The gap between Rock/Austin at WMXV for me is similar to Cena/Miz at WM27. Ok The Rock was higher up than The Miz but Austin was also higher than Cena.

What made Rock/Austin at WMXV a hot angle and a successful PPV was the McMahon/Austin feud which was pretty much the rivalry going to WMXV with Rock/Austin being an extension of that rivalry.

So what's my point? Rollins and Reigns could work at WM if WWE players their cards right in creating a hot angle to build up WM33. It's probably not going to be Rock/Cena, Rock/Austin at WM17, or Warrior/Hogan but like Batista/Triple H or Hogan/Slaughter if they setup the feud right it would be strong enough to headline WM33 even if Star power might be lacking with one or both superstars.

I disagree with ALL of you. First of all, short-term. They're giving us Shield triple threat because there are bigger things in play for SummerSlam. Secondly, with the WWE draft & Brand split upon us I don't see all 3 being on the same brand. Reigns Heel turn will DEF happen. Rollins face turn will be a slow burn. Besides they're building to Rollins vs. HHH at WM 33 Protege vs. Mentor. Ambrose will have A LONG run w/the title where HE will face JOHN CENA at WM 33. At WM 33 John Cena will cheat to win and Finally turn heel while winning his 16th WORD TITLE. This will solidify Ambrose as a mega-face along w/Rollins going forward. I'm thinking Reigns will face Undertaker at WM 33. If this doesn't happen then Cena will face Undertaker where Cena ends Taker's career by cheating to win. We get Ambrose vs. Reigns BROTHER AGAINST BROTHER.

I disagree with ALL of you. First of all, short-term. They're giving us Shield triple threat because there are bigger things in play for SummerSlam. Secondly, with the WWE draft & Brand split upon us I don't see all 3 being on the same brand. Reigns Heel turn will DEF happen. Rollins face turn will be a slow burn. Besides they're building to Rollins vs. HHH at WM 33 Protege vs. Mentor. Ambrose will have A LONG run w/the title where HE will face JOHN CENA at WM 33. At WM 33 John Cena will cheat to win and Finally turn heel while winning his 16th WORD TITLE. This will solidify Ambrose as a mega-face along w/Rollins going forward. I'm thinking Reigns will face Undertaker at WM 33. If this doesn't happen then Cena will face Undertaker where Cena ends Taker's career by cheating to win. We get Ambrose vs. Reigns BROTHER AGAINST BROTHER.

What could be bigger than a Shield Triple Threat? Reigns probably isn't turning heel. Vince seems 100% behind Reigns being the top face. I also don't think Ambrose will have a long reign as champion. He only won after Reigns got suspended. Didn't Undertaker say WM32 was his last? I doubt he will wrestle at WM33.

Don't get me wrong - I love most of your ideas, but I see no reason to suggest any of them will actually happen.

. He only won after Reigns got suspended.

We know tha WWE knew that Reigns would be suspended after the following night, and know that Ambrose won the title, but do we know it to be a fact that Ambrose only won as a result of that suspension? (if that's what you are suggesting.)

Reigns getting pinned the way he did by Rollins, as opposed to it happening in a different way is an obvious result of the suspension, but Reigns losing in general might not be. Even if the suspension wasn't in play, Reigns might have (surprisingly) lost (minus the clean pin) anyway to provide means to set up the triple threat, due to it giving both Rollins and Reigns reason to legitimately declare themselves number one contender.

From there the initial plan might have been for Reigns to win the triple threat, whereas now it seems like there's a better chance of him not winning so that Ambrose can retain or Rollins can be champ, but I'm still not sure if Ambrose currently being champ is solely a result of the suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back